Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 235
  1. #136
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Hope you guys like Kate and Clint back together in today's issue. Very nervous and excited!

    Attachment 58999
    ....No kidding......definitely wasn't expecting this Issue to follow up upon what occurred within the GENERATIONS: THE ARCHERS One Shot this soon.....!!

  2. #137
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    10,175

    Default

    Why does Clint even remember that? Sam Wilson looked up an alternate identity he took, and there were no records. Carol didn't remember meeting the current Ms. Marvel in the past either. Were they AUs, while Kobik actually did send Kate to past of Earth-616?

  3. #138
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    A few things:

    - The Arrow Clint uses is t exactly new. He's used stuff like that for decades
    - In Cap's Generations book it was stated that none of the vanishing point time travel shenanigans had actually happened, thus no one except Kate should know about it.
    - The "complaints" about throwing knives were a bit weird as he had use them as well in the past.

    Those are, however, all things that only are an issue when you keep other stories in mind. The story at hand doesn't suffer from it at all and considering I am a huge fan of Brian Michael Bendis who did stuff like that all the time I would be a hypocrite if I were to complain too much.

    The interactions between both Hawkeyes were fun, dialogues with her friends as well and the cliffhanger is intriguing. What more could I ask for?

    That said: I sure hope the cover of the next issue has a REALLY good explanation, hahaha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

  4. #139
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Another SOLID delivery from Team Hawkeye.

    Dialogue: On POINT. Art: On POINT. Story: Alright, so I was oblivious to all the stuff folks are saying regarding the Generations events and that they didn't actually happen, so.......with that being taken into consideratio--yeah I don't care. The story was too fun. The connectivity/continuity too commendable (imho). This ish was solid.

    Been a Kelly fan for some years now, so I knew that she'd excel writing Kate and that she was liable to create a very entertaining support cast (#RealTalk: still hoping/waiting/pining for guest spots, however brief, from my boys Billy & Teddy) and I'm suuuuuper pleased with her handling of Clint etc etc. What I did not anticipate was falling so hard for this Leonardo/Jordie art team. Leo's style fluctuates between scour-the-page-for-those-super-charming-details and bare-bones-minimalist-tight-focus paired with Jor's transformative pallet -- bold, kinetic and vibrant in Sunny Cal and action stuff and then muted, yet contrasting and atmospheric in these quiet or moody moments, like when Kate is captive. Team Hawkeye really is such a sensational union and I am just so happy that we're at issue 13 (these days it seems all my favorite stuff is endlessly "will they won't they" on the success-o-meter) and count my blessings with each subsequent continuation.

    Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah

  5. #140
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Another SOLID delivery from Team Hawkeye.

    Dialogue: On POINT. Art: On POINT. Story: Alright, so I was oblivious to all the stuff folks are saying regarding the Generations events and that they didn't actually happen, so.......with that being taken into consideratio--yeah I don't care. The story was too fun. The connectivity/continuity too commendable (imho). This ish was solid.

    Been a Kelly fan for some years now, so I knew that she'd excel writing Kate and that she was liable to create a very entertaining support cast (#RealTalk: still hoping/waiting/pining for guest spots, however brief, from my boys Billy & Teddy) and I'm suuuuuper pleased with her handling of Clint etc etc. What I did not anticipate was falling so hard for this Leonardo/Jordie art team. Leo's style fluctuates between scour-the-page-for-those-super-charming-details and bare-bones-minimalist-tight-focus paired with Jor's transformative pallet -- bold, kinetic and vibrant in Sunny Cal and action stuff and then muted, yet contrasting and atmospheric in these quiet or moody moments, like when Kate is captive. Team Hawkeye really is such a sensational union and I am just so happy that we're at issue 13 (these days it seems all my favorite stuff is endlessly "will they won't they" on the success-o-meter) and count my blessings with each subsequent continuation.

    Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah
    I thought her name was Hawkess
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

  6. #141
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Another SOLID delivery from Team Hawkeye.

    Dialogue: On POINT. Art: On POINT. Story: Alright, so I was oblivious to all the stuff folks are saying regarding the Generations events and that they didn't actually happen, so.......with that being taken into consideratio--yeah I don't care. The story was too fun. The connectivity/continuity too commendable (imho). This ish was solid.

    Been a Kelly fan for some years now, so I knew that she'd excel writing Kate and that she was liable to create a very entertaining support cast (#RealTalk: still hoping/waiting/pining for guest spots, however brief, from my boys Billy & Teddy) and I'm suuuuuper pleased with her handling of Clint etc etc. What I did not anticipate was falling so hard for this Leonardo/Jordie art team. Leo's style fluctuates between scour-the-page-for-those-super-charming-details and bare-bones-minimalist-tight-focus paired with Jor's transformative pallet -- bold, kinetic and vibrant in Sunny Cal and action stuff and then muted, yet contrasting and atmospheric in these quiet or moody moments, like when Kate is captive. Team Hawkeye really is such a sensational union and I am just so happy that we're at issue 13 (these days it seems all my favorite stuff is endlessly "will they won't they" on the success-o-meter) and count my blessings with each subsequent continuation.

    Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah
    Agreed on all counts - another fantastic issue!

  7. #142
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Another awesome issue indeed. Thompson and Romero are doing and incredible work. Keep it up!!

  8. #143
    Mighty Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BYsx_x9D...y=jimcheungart
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcb1P4FD...y=jimcheungart

    Some gorgeous art from Kate's co-creator, Jim Cheung.

    I almost had a heart attack with that #MCU hashtag there, thinking it might be some concept art or something, but then I realized he puts that on every picture. DON'T DO THIS TO ME, JIM.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-08-2017 at 10:52 PM.

  9. #144
    Been lurking since '08
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    275

    Default

    A bit controversial, but I REALLY don't like the current Eleanor Bishop storyline.

    I hate when comics bring up dead parents, especially when they retcon them with powers or whatever. That said, I'm not, entirely, a fan of her father having powers; couldn't he have just been a manipulative businessman & father.

  10. #145
    Mighty Member klynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Really hoping that Hawkeye 16 is not the final issue, but that cover text.....

    HAWKEYE2017016-cov.jpg
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Katina "Katchoo" Choovanski, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Kate Bishop, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Carol Danvers, Diana of Themyscira
    Current Pull List: Strangers In Paradise, Batman (Selina), Lazarus, Mister Miracle, Copperhead, The Magic Order, X-Men: Gold (Kitty), Green Arrow (Dinah)
    Most Anticipated: Catwoman, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers



  11. #146

  12. #147
    Mighty Member klynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Such a bummer. It's been a fantastic run with a great creative team.

    Now of course begins the speculation of where Kate will end up next. My guess: since Bendis has already leaked that the next Jessica Jones writer is female I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Kelly Thompson. If so, Kate will most likely show up here.

    Wherever she lands, she's one of the ten characters I follow anywhere so I'll be there.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Katina "Katchoo" Choovanski, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Kate Bishop, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Carol Danvers, Diana of Themyscira
    Current Pull List: Strangers In Paradise, Batman (Selina), Lazarus, Mister Miracle, Copperhead, The Magic Order, X-Men: Gold (Kitty), Green Arrow (Dinah)
    Most Anticipated: Catwoman, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers



  13. #148
    Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for all the support and love. It's been an incredible run. I think it's no secret that I would have written Kate for as long as possible, and I'm sorry it's coming to an end, but I'm really proud of the book we put out...really proud of my team...really proud of the passionate fans. So thank you. And I hope you enjoy this last story we've got...and what's hopefully coming next!

  14. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Such a bummer. It's been a fantastic run with a great creative team.

    Now of course begins the speculation of where Kate will end up next. My guess: since Bendis has already leaked that the next Jessica Jones writer is female I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Kelly Thompson. If so, Kate will most likely show up here.

    Wherever she lands, she's one of the ten characters I follow anywhere so I'll be there.
    I'd like to nominate Thompson to take over Amazing Spider-Man, since Slott seems to be finishing his run on that.


    But man, I am so depressed about Hawkeye ending. Especially as part of a bunch of great books all ending at once. I feel kinda wrecked.

    donuts (2).jpg

  15. #150
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for all the support and love. It's been an incredible run. I think it's no secret that I would have written Kate for as long as possible, and I'm sorry it's coming to an end, but I'm really proud of the book we put out...really proud of my team...really proud of the passionate fans. So thank you. And I hope you enjoy this last story we've got...and what's hopefully coming next!
    Gutted.

    The book is a gem.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •