View Poll Results: Poll: Who should be DC's premiere black superhero?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyborg (I'm fine with the current setup)

13 8.07%
  • Vixen (Coz Marvel hates Storm now and position for Black Superheroine #1 is up for grabs)

30 18.63%
  • John Stewart (Should be the premiere GL)

33 20.50%
  • Black Lightning

23 14.29%
  • Mister Terrific

11 6.83%
  • Make Hal Jordan African-American

1 0.62%
  • Other (specify below)

1 0.62%
  • There shouldn't be a premiere black superhero. There should be more than one black superhero in JL.

49 30.43%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Don't forget Mari's power of hotness!
    I read your post with Kevin Conroy's voice.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    She was delightful in that Arrow cameo. That actress, Megalyn Echikunwoke, is a beautiful woman.

I can't vote in that poll because I don't feel that DC should have just one premier black superhero. There are plenty that should get more attention. Including Vixen, who grows on me as I get older.
    that's the last option in the poll

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

She was delightful in that Arrow cameo. That actress, Megalyn Echikunwoke, is a beautiful woman.
    How about her grandmother on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Willie? I could look at Maise Richardson-Sellers all day long for the rest of my life.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I read your post with Kevin Conroy's voice.
    LOL

Damn, that was funny.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    that's the last option in the poll
    That's not how I've read it to be honest. In the opening post it states that this poll is about which black DC hero should get the biggest push across all media. The final option on the poll says that there shouldn't actually be just one but that there should be more than one black hero on the JL. They don't exactly equate to me. Having more characters in the JL would improve their profile in a way but not in a way that getting a big multi-format push would.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    How about her grandmother on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Willie? I could look at Maise Richardson-Sellers all day long for the rest of my life.
    I think we know the score here Darknight. If you find an actress attractive then it's pretty nailed on that I'm gonna do as well . Yeah, Maisie Richardson-Sellers is lovely also.

You ever seen some of the upcoming previews on the CW page on YouTube? On the LOT previews they conclude with Richardson-Sellers plugging further CW stuff. She's got what I think is a delightful English accent. And I am English!

yes he does. he has the power of popularity in the real world which basically gives him the abaility to conquer almost any scenario. They don't call him "Batgod" for nothing.

Sure there are plenty of crazy abilities from the animal kingdom that she could utilize. But I don't think theres any that could go up against Justice League Level threats like doomsday, darkseid, brainiac or such.
    Again she can channel aliens and mythological animals

I think we know the score here Darknight. If you find an actress attractive then it's pretty nailed on that I'm gonna do as well . Yeah, Maisie Richardson-Sellers is lovely also.
    Yes, I have noticed in the past you have excellent taste when it comes to that.

You ever seen some of the upcoming previews on the CW page on YouTube? On the LOT previews they conclude with Richardson-Sellers plugging further CW stuff. She's got what I think is a delightful English accent. And I am English!
    Yes, her voice is angelic, too. IMO, she's walking perfection.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Again she can channel aliens and mythological animals
    While I can't speak to the extent of the types of aliens in the DC universe she'd have access too, I don't think a Unicorn would pose much of a threat to Darkseid either it.

While I can't speak to the extent of the types of aliens in the DC universe she'd have access too, I don't think a Unicorn would pose much of a threat to Darkseid either it.
    A dragon might

Mighty Member

A dragon might
    Darkseid can go toe to toe with superman so I don't think theres much a dragon could do, and he lives on a planet that is constantly spewing pillars of fire so he seems pretty comfortable around fire.

Again, I don't have an issue with Vixen, I just don't think she can compete with the JL. Batman gets a pass because he's Bat God and he's a tactical genius that the team can benefit from.

Darkseid can go toe to toe with superman so I don't think theres much a dragon could do, and he lives on a planet that is constantly spewing pillars of fire so he seems pretty comfortable around fire.

Again, I don't have an issue with Vixen, I just don't think she can compete with the JL. Batman gets a pass because he's Bat God and he's a tactical genius that the team can benefit from.
    She once channeled Superman's powers. Hell she could even use Darkseid's powers on him

Mighty Member

She once channeled Superman's powers. Hell she could even use Darkseid's powers on him
    Lol. Sorry, I'm not super versed in Vixen lore. The idea that she could channel superman's powers is hilarious though. So she can basically mimic the powers of an creature, humanoid or otherwise? That's kind of ridiculous.

...Am I the only one who doesn't see vixen as a credible addition to the Justice League? I mean, being able to use the powers of an animal seems kind of inconsequential when you're standing next to the likes of gods. I like her much better on a toned down team like the JLA roster where she wont be overshadowed.
    But animals are extremely powerful compared to humans in real life, especially considering the fact (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this next point) that Vixen has the proportionate abilities of whichever animals she decides to mimic, like Spider-Man has the proportionate powers of just ONE animal. I think Vixen could potentially be beyond Spider-Man level in terms of having the proportionate powers and abilities of the entire animal kingdom, which makes her EXTREMELY versatile and dangerous. Plus she can combine the powers and abilities of animals and mimic several animals at once.

For some reason, DC Entertainment doesn't treat her as one of the Justice League's most powerful members. As literally having the powers of the entire animal kingdom, Vixen SHOULD be standing next to "gods."
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-18-2017 at 07:10 PM.

yes he does. he has the power of popularity in the real world which basically gives him the abaility to conquer almost any scenario. They don't call him "Batgod" for nothing.

Sure there are plenty of crazy abilities from the animal kingdom that she could utilize. But I don't think theres any that could go up against Justice League Level threats like doomsday, darkseid, brainiac or such.
    But we're talking about "in-story" reasons why Vixen and Batman are on the Justice League, and although Batman has a genius-level intellect, HE really shouldn't be in the field throwing down with the likes of Doomsday, Darkseid, Braniac or such. In the JL and JLU episodes all I remember seeing him doing physical-wise against these types of threats is throwing exploding batarangs or whatever. The Animal Kingdom is humongous, so I'm sure there are animals Vixen could mimic and combine to go up against Justice League-level threats.

Now if Batman were to remain in the Watchtower giving battle strategies to his teammates via comlinks or whatever, fine. But for him to actually be out in the field trying to physically throw down with these super-powered villains, I think he is completely out of his "LEAGUE" (smirks and puts pinky to mouth like Dr. Evil.) Vixen, on the other hand, can throw DOWN. She comes at you with a full head of steam, you don't know WHAT animal(s) she's currently mimicking. Not to mention her power levels fluctuate depending on which animal(s) she is mimicking.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-18-2017 at 07:34 PM.