Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    I've said before that this Watchmen business could have more to do with a character like Prime or Bat-Mite having read Watchmen and using it as a template to influence the DCU than the Watchmen characters themselves intervening.

That doesn't necessarily mean Watchmen characters couldn't appear but they might be constructs of Bat-Mite or something.

Keep in mind, if the darkness that infected DC was a "long time" before Flashpoint, it suggests a couple of things.

1. That Kal-L was onto something in Infinite Crisis when he suggested Hal's infection by Parallax, Aquaman's missing hand, Superman's loss of inspirational qualities, etc. was the result of a dark influence.

2. That Prime isn't the mastermind behind the darkness. His "retcon punches" created random changes, not deliberate ones. Although his time as the Time Trapper was, presumably, what happened to Superman's career as Superboy. He stole Superman's career as Superboy to create the Pocket Universe (ie. Crisis wasn't what caused it) and maybe to weaken Superman.

My wild conjecture is that Bat-Mite stopped playing with Batman for the most part around '86. He probably got really into DKR and Watchmen and started using his abilities to influence reality based on his favorite new comics he'd graduated to, thinking they were more mature but misunderstanding what makes them mature.

Oz, aka Prime, is a fanboy on the opposite (still bad) extreme who possibly became aware of Bat-Mite's tampering. He becomes Mr. Oz (because "we're not in Kansas anymore") and uses his own knowledge of Watchmen to try and oppose Bat-Mite's Watchmenification of the DCU. You could even see some hints of this in Jurgens' Bat-Mite book if you squint.

Bat-Mite tried to eliminate Superman in the New 52. But Oz countered by deploying a swiped Superman Red as the New 52 Superman.

The whole thing is a chess game between fanboys. And maybe at some point, Bat-Mite will conjure up the Watchmen characters (and DKR characters? and maybe Dr. Light?). Maybe Prime counters with Animal Man and the Inferior Five and Ambush Bug and so-on.

And the heroes will have to step in and say, "Look. We're not a happy comedy. But we're not paranoid and relentlessly grim." And basically have to defeat two mad gods, one Batman themed and one Superman themed.
    B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T.!!!!!! I really hope that you are right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    For you Prime-as-Oz guys out there, I believe Mxy was also imprisoned and tortured by Prime once before during Countdown to Final Crisis.

I don't recall the circumstances of his capture or escape, though.
    Trust me. It made no sense either way. As they kept treating Mxy's powers like magic instead of the reality warping overpoweredness it really is.

I believe the enslaved Annataz Arrataz IE E-3 Zatanna kept Mxy's magic at bay for Prime then she rebelled and freed Mxy.

I remember see in DC wiki that N52 Principal Earth is called PRIME earth..

Oz or manhattan.. That character will appear.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-17-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I remember see in DC wiki that N52 Principal Earth is called PRIME earth..

Oz or manhattan.. That character will appear.
    Sometimes it's Prime Earth other times it's Earth 0.

Mighty Member

After these Mxy issues I kind of want it to be the Prankster pulling one ultimate trick over on "Superdope". All this being some kind of ultimate final prank by Superman's trickster foes.
    OOOHHHHHH!! - Joe Rogan

I wonder what will be the scope and purview of ozy powers. will he be using a single power source or will he be relying on combination of tech and mystic power to augment whatever powers he possesses. Can it be that he is just using phantom zone tech or kryptonian tech to pull everything off? After all phantom zone tech was shown to be powerful to contain mxy in whatever happened to man of tommorow. if it is so his reliance on kryptonian tech and he s interest in superman may mean he is a kryptonian who survived and instead of making it zod it would be a completely unforeseen twist to make him nor el or his brother who have somehow survived and followed superman to earth.
    The Self is the only existing reality

ATOMIC SUPERMAN, EARTH-25 Atomic Man's Avatar

As much as I think Oz is indeed Ozymandias, I wouldn't mind him being someone from the original COIE. Pariah was killed by Alexander Luthor, but we know that doesn't mean much. He could also be the original Monitor. Those bandages on his legs seem to suggest a recovery from injury...

It's got to be Superboy Prime. Oz has the bandages and the hooded robe like we saw him wear as the Time Trapper. He was not the calculator type at first but, as his character developed, he became more and more a schemer. He came from a world where all the heroes were in comic books which is where he would have read the Watchmen and got the idea from Oz of creating his own world or, most likely, he found a character he could identify with as all that he wanted was his own earth prime back.

And with Myx, he tortured him in Countdown to Final Crisis. He already has the know how on how to imprison the imp. He was the Time Trapper and thus his hand could easily be interpreted as manipulating history for a desired outcome.

Johns said that Rebirth would not end with the typical all out battle but would be resolved in a different kind of way. There might some kind of redemption of Superboy Prime through some kind of sacrificial act by him or something like that.

I actually liked the character as he was the sort of unstoppable juggernaut who it seems can never be stopped. Ending him by putting him in the source wall seemed sort of a pitiful ending for him, especially since Darkseid escaped from there. I hope they do something with him that ends his drama better than just being stuck in the source wall.

ATOMIC SUPERMAN, EARTH-25 Atomic Man's Avatar

Here's an idea that's going to get laughed away, but give it some real thought. What if Oz is someone other than Superboy from Earth-Prime?

Think about it: pre-COIE established that comic book creators on Earth-Prime are essentially gods when it comes to the Multiverse. They wield ultimate power. Granted, the editors and eventually, WB higher-ups have greater power, but the idea is the same.

Here's a radical notion I had today: what if a guy who HATES comic books discovers the Multiverse, realizes it's all real and that comic book creators have the power to shape entire universes, and works to get into comics to become a god.

He has to change his name, since he's quite notorious for being anti-comic books. Once he gets a job at DC, say circa 1968, he sets his plan in motion.

That man? Frederic Wertham.

Would it be crazy if I wanted it to be a fight between Superboy- prime vs Manhattan. Maybe superboy prime brining hope back to how he remembered and Manhattan trying to keep it dark?

I made an account just to make that comment xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Returns View Post
    Would it be crazy if I wanted it to be a fight between Superboy- prime vs Manhattan. Maybe superboy prime brining hope back to how he remembered and Manhattan trying to keep it dark?
    maybe he could fly faster than light right through Manhattan concentrating all his reality altering might in a power dive which may cause Manhattan to go boom like his DC counterpart captain atom a.k.a monarch. alternatively he may start crying when Manhattan and the watchmen beat the crap out of him saying he is supposed to be the real superman and he is their greatest fan and they should team up to beat this horrible earth/reality.

I was thinking more of a Time Trapper, version of Superboy prime with Solar Armor vs Dr. Manhattan and his Powers. Superboy prime has always been a hard character to kill and most of the time he is just thrown into other dimensions/universes. No Monarch action though I hate that right ugh ������

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Returns View Post
    I was thinking more of a Time Trapper, version of Superboy prime with Solar Armor vs Dr. Manhattan and his Powers. Superboy prime has always been a hard character to kill and most of the time he is just thrown into other dimensions/universes. No Monarch action though I hate that right ugh ������
    well that works also. The armour being able to enhance his power like the anti minor's did for him was a significant upgrade for his power which was already planet busting level.He is impossibiliy hard to kill not to mention the unique insight he has which could mean his having inside knowledge on what's happened.

They kinda fudged Prime up right before the reboot though.he got beat by the Titans,yeah a lot.of them,but still just earth level heroes,not god level,like he should be beat at.

Pre.crisis Superman levels
    Solar absorbing armor
    Time trapper powers

He should be unbeatable,maybe even Manhattan couldn't do.it
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Mutation is a bitch

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is humans trying to recreate God(Superman)

-where can I get a designer genetically modified human superman?

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)