Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 380
  1. #166
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Describe 'extremist left,' if you please.
    The tumblr-ised community who hated the show before it even began filming because the lead was a white guy. Even tho the comic character is a white guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post

    I'm not sure anyone can really say who's opinions about this show is a minority or not.
    When I say vocal minority, I'm talking about people who've taken it upon themselves to drag the show through the mud over bs like 'white washing' allegations that aren't even true. Nothing to do with ethnic minorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    And as far as bias is concerned, there's not a single thing in the world wrong with wanting a project based on something you really enjoy to be well crafted. What concerns me is when I see reviews on various websites from fans reading more or less like "I don't care what the critics say! I'm going to enjoy this no matter what!" without obviously ever seeing it first (this is actually something I saw in regards to Suicide Squad). I mean, I'm a huge fan of Batman and Superman, but I'll be the first to admit that I thought all of the Snyderverse movies so far have been one raging tire fire.
    I like Iron Fist (obviously) but I am seldom blinded by my like of character, I love Luke Cage and I thought a good 60% of his show was trash. So I don't really subscribe to the blinkers mentality of liking it no matter what.


    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly? I hope you're right. I really am. Like I said, I'm keeping my expectations low so I can enjoy this as much as I possibly can, so hopefully that works.
    I hope so, it's worth your time. Other than a few bum episodes mid-season the back end of the show is REALLY REALLY worth your time.

  2. #167
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    The tumblr-ised community who hated the show before it even began filming because the lead was a white guy. Even tho the comic character is a white guy.
    That's an awefully tame and tepid brand of extremists you've got there. I think you may have misread the label.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  3. #168
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's an awefully tame and tepid brand of extremists you've got there. I think you may have misread the label.
    Considering they've buried it on RT before the show even came out, advocated boycotting and send Finn Jones death threats I think they warrant the term.

    Are death threats not extreme anymore?

  4. #169
    Mad scientist Carabas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Considering they've buried it on RT before the show even came out, advocated boycotting and send Finn Jones death threats I think they warrant the term.

    Are death threats not extreme anymore?
    Death threats is a bit over the top, but boycotting a tv show? Come on, that's not in the same galaxy as extremism.
    So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God. So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath. So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul". So I hit him. What would you do?

  5. #170
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Death threats is a bit over the top, but boycotting a tv show? Come on, that's not in the same galaxy as extremism.
    IDK, the "I don't like it so nobody should be able to have it" mentality is kinda whacky to me.

    But then again, when I don't like something such as a TV show, I just...y'know...ignore it.
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

  6. #171
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    People don't love show about my favorite character = liberal media conspiracy.

  7. #172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    People don't love show about my favorite character = liberal media conspiracy.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  8. #173
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    IDK, the "I don't like it so nobody should be able to have it" mentality is kinda whacky to me.

    But then again, when I don't like something such as a TV show, I just...y'know...ignore it.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    People don't love show about my favorite character = liberal media conspiracy.
    Criticising a show for things you praise other Netflix shows for, and repeatedly bringing up a faux white washing controversy no one cared about but SJW = liberal media conspiracy

  9. #174
    Fantastic Member Forseti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    415

    Default

    I just saw episode 1. Nothing spectacular, but not terrible at all. Certainly not worth going to war over on the internet.

  10. #175
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Death threats is a bit over the top, but boycotting a tv show? Come on, that's not in the same galaxy as extremism.
    Death threats=extremism, end of story.

  11. #176
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Ok, at this point I've only seen a couple episodes, but I'm quite enjoying it. I've been a fan of the character since way back in the Marvel Premiere days, and all the people complaining about him being white, while the 64 other Iron Fist's were Asian: I don't care about those other guys. We never even heard about any of them until decades after Danny was introduced. The comics I grew up with were about Danny Rand, and that's the guy I want to see on TV. Not racist, just an old school comics fan who always dreamed about seeing the characters he grew up with on the screen, portrayed as closely to their comic book counterparts as possible. I'll finished with my rant now. I've got some Iron Fist episodes to watch!

  12. #177
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    The problem with this show is Rand is the least interesting character in it. Everyone else on the show seems to have to make up for the fact Jones is so bland in the role.

    Aside from Jones not being all that convincing the initial premise of the show is just silly. Rand could have easily just told Joy and Ward events about their childhood that only Rand would know instead of just rambling on about wanting to talk without revealing any actual details to prove who he is.

    Then instead of just showing Wing his fight skills, he just talks about how he can fight. The show literally wasted 2 episodes on stuff that could have been handled in like 10 minutes if he had any kind of common sense.

    The other Netflix shows may have been slow but they were slow in a way that at least made sense. This show is slow because Rand is an idiot that can't communicate.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-18-2017 at 07:49 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  13. #178
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The problem with this show is Rand is the least interesting character in it. Everyone else on the show seems to have to make up for the fact Jones is so bland in the role.

    Aside from Jones not being all that convincing the initial premise of the show is just silly. Rand could have easily just told Joy and Ward events about their childhood that only Rand would know instead of just rambling on about wanting to talk without revealing any actual details to prove who he is.

    Then instead of just showing Wing his fight skills, he just talks about how he can fight. The show literally wasted 2 episodes on stuff that could have been handled in like 10 minutes if he had any kind of common sense.

    The other Netflix shows may have been slow but they were slow in a way that at least made sense. This show is slow because Rand is an idiot that can't communicate.
    He did tell Ward about his childhood (namely how Ward abused him) But he still didn't buy it.

  14. #179
    The Forever Walker remydat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    He did tell Ward about his childhood (namely how Ward abused him) But he still didn't buy it.
    I am referring to their first meeting. He tells Ward who he knows to be a bully and dick in private which is stupid. He could just as easily told them when he first came to the company when Joy and Ward were together.

    Obviously they would be skeptical of his claim after 15 years so his going there unprepared seems really contrived. The first thing you would do in his situation is have stories ready that would prove who you are.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-18-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

  15. #180
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    It's not horrible, but it's certainly the worst of the Netflix shows thus far. It reminds me a bit of Arrow. Danny doesn't seem very bright. There's also a somewhat amateurish feel to the show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •