Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Will Rucka stay on past #24?

So, solicits for June will likely tell us for sure, but so far, I can't find any confirmation or denial of Rucka staying past his original 24 issue contract. I can't even find if the annual will be counting as the final issue. But it seems to me that Rucka's building to something closer to two years, than wrapping up in 6 issues (or three issues per storyline).

What do my fellow Diana fans think?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

I personally hope he does, at the very least.

I think there's still a lot he can do with the franchise and in (re)building-up Diana and her world, and I would like to see Rucka continue to do what he's been doing on the title for the foreseeable future.

Though if worse comes to worse, he's leaving behind a fairly solid slate to work from for the next writer.

Oooh, yes, I should have said, I would like him to stay on as well. I don't want two Rucka runs on Diana cut short (Even though I love Mission's End so much)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Maybe. I mean June is Black Magick returns. However, I wonder if he does leave am I the only one who wants another classical writer like Simone or Jiminez
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Maybe. I mean June is Black Magick returns. However, I wonder if he does leave am I the only one who wants another classical writer like Simone or Jiminez
    Writers can generally work on up to 4-6 books at a time - Rucka's also working on Lazarus, The Old Guard, Stumptown, and various Star Wars projects. So Black Magick returning doesn't mean he won't stay on Diana.

I liked The Circle, but really disliked everything else Simone did with Diana (not all her fault, but I didn't like what she did with the Green Lantern - seemed pointlessly cruel). Never read Jiminez, but he would likely be popular and a logical followup to Rucka.

If I had to choose someone (which I don't want to, since as stated, I want Rucka to stay around for at least another year), I'd go for Scott Snyder.

Fantastic Member

I've spoken to one of the artist about this and they are staying on for the next arc? So I'm assuming he's staying as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I've spoken to one of the artist about this and they are staying on for the next arc? So I'm assuming he's staying as well?
    Are you able to say whether it's Sharpe or Evely? (I'm guessing it's Sharpe, because he's been really happy working on the book, and is the biggest name after Rucka).

One thing I hope is if he doesn't stay is that unlike so many times they actually have editors tell the writers to even if they starting on a new arc not to blank slate the characters. I mean so many times great character development is lose because the characters did it to take a major step back.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I hope is if he doesn't stay is that unlike so many times they actually have editors tell the writers to even if they starting on a new arc not to blank slate the characters. I mean so many times great character development is lose because the characters did it to take a major step back.
    Agreed! I hope that since Rebirth is such a planned and successful group effort, that it won't happen. It's a very real danger, since 1) Diana always gets that treatment (Rucka and Azzerello have both said that new writers are told they don't have to read anything before they start writing for Diana), and 2) Rucka is working with Mark Doyle, the Batman group editor, rather than Eddie Berganza, the Superman group editor, who usually edits Diana's books, so there's a real chance that if Rucka leaves, the book will revert to back to the Superman group.

I hope not the guy has been on file for sexual harassment. He still keeps his job. Azzarello does show it in his run on how he treats Wonder Woman myth.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Agreed! I hope that since Rebirth is such a planned and successful group effort, that it won't happen. It's a very real danger, since 1) Diana always gets that treatment (Rucka and Azzerello have both said that new writers are told they don't have to read anything before they start writing for Diana), and 2) Rucka is working with Mark Doyle, the Batman group editor, rather than Eddie Berganza, the Superman group editor, who usually edits Diana's books, so there's a real chance that if Rucka leaves, the book will revert to back to the Superman group.
    LOL and I totally believe it too! Poor Wondy has been suffering the most of the major DC characters, right up there with Green Arrow. I was initially excited to see Rucka back but his run has been a big disappointment to me and at this point I'd just assume take my chances with just about anyone else.
    I wonder what it would be like--to be the fastest man on Earth? Well...I'll never know-- The Flash was just a character some writer dreamed up! -Barry Allen (showcase #4)

If Rucka goes, I drop the book. There have been other Wonder Woman runs that I've liked, but his takes have been the only ones I've really gotten into.

This Week's Comics: Animosity #6 & 7, Gold Digger #241 & 242, The Wicked + The Divine 455 AD, All New Wolverine: Enemy of the State 2

Amazing Member

Hope he gets the boot

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    If Rucka goes, I drop the book. There have been other Wonder Woman runs that I've liked, but his takes have been the only ones I've really gotten into.
    the problem is that after a great run like the 1st from rucka, th eones that come in are always crap.

He barely started to tell his story, his story telling is better with many issues. Doesn't look like he will go out so soon, his new run is becoming a definitive on WW

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Writers can generally work on up to 4-6 books at a time - Rucka's also working on Lazarus, The Old Guard, Stumptown, and various Star Wars projects. So Black Magick returning doesn't mean he won't stay on Diana.

I liked The Circle, but really disliked everything else Simone did with Diana (not all her fault, but I didn't like what she did with the Green Lantern - seemed pointlessly cruel). Never read Jiminez, but he would likely be popular and a logical followup to Rucka.

If I had to choose someone (which I don't want to, since as stated, I want Rucka to stay around for at least another year), I'd go for Scott Snyder.
    Not really, there isn't anything logical on Jimenez following up Rucka
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-09-2017 at 06:43 AM.

I hope Rucka stays on for at least another year to help cement Wonder Woman's current origin, supporting cast, rogues gallery, and status quo. There have been so many awful runs on this title since 2008 and Rucka has finally steered this book in the right direction.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.