Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That is the tricky part of Rucka's choices for the semimonthly schedule. I've heard that if he stays on he wants to go down to monthly writing. Is that something the Diana fans would appreciate? Would we like to see it go up to $3.99 if it were monthly?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That is the tricky part of Rucka's choices for the semimonthly schedule. I've heard that if he stays on he wants to go down to monthly writing. Is that something the Diana fans would appreciate? Would we like to see it go up to $3.99 if it were monthly?
    When he says monthly, does he mean he will only be telling one storyline each month, or one issue a month?

Because he better drop the alternating storyline thing if this ends up happening. Even I'm not that patient.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    When he says monthly, does he mean he will only be telling one storyline each month, or one issue a month?

Because he better drop the alternating storyline thing if this ends up happening. Even I'm not that patient.
    Well, since we don't have confirmation that he's staying, I can't say what he really "means" - this is all scuttlebutt - but it was my impression that he wanted to go down to an issue a month, only one storyline. I completely agree that if we had to wait two months to get the next issue of a story, that would kill the readership in no time flat.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Has anyone just asked him if he was staying on?

And if he does go down to wanting to do just a Monthly title. I'd rather DC Split the book into two. Have Rucka on Wonder Woman the early years, setting up her world, and a writer of his choosing for her current adventures. As I've been saying, we've been getting pretty much two titles anyway for Diana.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

And if he does go down to wanting to do just a Monthly title. I'd rather DC Split the book into two. Have Rucka on Wonder Woman the early years, setting up her world, and a writer of his choosing for her current adventures. As I've been saying, we've been getting pretty much two titles anyway for Diana.
    I haven't seen any interviewers ask him that question since Rebirth was announced (which is where I got the scuttlebutt that I'm passing off as real news ). I haven't seen anyone ask him on twitter, but his mentions are weird because of the stupid Cho variant covers thing.

I would love to see DC try to launch a second Wonder Woman title off of the success of the semimonthly process - but if they bump it up to $3.99 per issue for two titles, it will not be worth it (in my eyes - unless they bump page count back up as well).

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post

This sounds like a good idea. I think if I were to rank my preferences:

1. Rucka on a bi-monthly title
    2. Rucka and another writer (preferably Orlando) switching off every other issue
    3. Orlando or whoever taking over the book and keeping it bi-monthly at 2.99
    4. Rucka doing once a month for 3.99. And worse, alternating between arcs.

Good breakdown of the options. My actual ideal would be Rucka on a once-a-month $2.99 title, but that seems like the least likely option.

If Rucka only wants to do one book a month, I say let him. (But if the price goes up, the page count should also.) Frankly, I'd prefer not to see another writer on the main WW title for another two years--no matter what the schedule is on (twice a month/once a month, whatever). I want the foundation Rucka is building to be solid. No excuses about veering off in another "all-new direction" because there was nothing to work with. I want stories that have nothing to do with origins!
    Last edited by Largo161; 03-15-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Congrats to Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot and the DCEU on the success of their Xena movie. 😏

Well, we're getting an "anniversary" issue in #25, which will be written by Rucka, and ties everything together:

WONDER WOMAN #25
    Written by GREG RUCKA • Art by LIAM SHARP and BILQUIS EVELY • Cover by LIAM SHARP • Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Writer Greg Rucka weaves together the threads of “The Lies,” “Year One,” “The Truth,” and “Godwatch”—every story in WONDER WOMAN since the start of the DC Universe Rebirth era—in this extra-sized anniversary issue!
    On sale JUNE 28 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99

That could mean any number of things. Could be a slight extension of Rucka's contract to tie everything up, could mean he's going forward, could mean he's going forward and dropping to once a month. I like the idea, though!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, we're getting an "anniversary" issue in #25, which will be written by Rucka, and ties everything together:

WONDER WOMAN #25
    Written by GREG RUCKA • Art by LIAM SHARP and BILQUIS EVELY • Cover by LIAM SHARP • Variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Writer Greg Rucka weaves together the threads of “The Lies,” “Year One,” “The Truth,” and “Godwatch”—every story in WONDER WOMAN since the start of the DC Universe Rebirth era—in this extra-sized anniversary issue!
    On sale JUNE 28 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99

That could mean any number of things. Could be a slight extension of Rucka's contract to tie everything up, could mean he's going forward, could mean he's going forward and dropping to once a month. I like the idea, though!

With the exception of the new artist on Aquaman, no new creators were announced for any of the original Rebirth books in the June solicits. I imagine we'll find out more when the July solicits are about to drop.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    With the exception of the new artist on Aquaman, no new creators were announced for any of the original Rebirth books in the June solicits. I imagine we'll find out more when the July solicits are about to drop.
    True. Though Aquaman seems to have had a huge number of artists anyway. The new one is an internet fan favorite, though - hopefully he'll be a consistent presence for at least an arc.

I hope that both Sharp and Evely stay on Wonder Woman with Rucka. No real opinion if Rucka leaves, though it'd be nice for Evely to stay on one of DC's Trinity books, as her stuff has been fantastic, and building up new artists is something DC could use a bit more of.

I wonder didn't Rucka say something about Dr.Pysho?
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Damn, I was hoping these solicits would give us an answer on whether or not Rucka would continue, but 25 sounds like it could go either way.

Maybe Seeley doing that Steve one-shot is an indication that he may be the next writer? Which I would be more than ok with if we have to get someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder didn't Rucka say something about Dr.Pysho?
    I haven't heard anything? And I thought he did about as much as was needed with Psycho in his first run, whereas I thought Veronica Cale needed more development.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Damn, I was hoping these solicits would give us an answer on whether or not Rucka would continue, but 25 sounds like it could go either way.

Maybe Seeley doing that Steve one-shot is an indication that he may be the next writer? Which I would be more than ok with if we have to get someone else.
    I thought the same thing - Seeley could be fun on Diana, but I tend to think of him as more a fun, quippy writer, than one who can tell the dramatic, mythic stories that Diana deserves on her main title. If we could get the second book out of DC, and keep Rucka or another dramatic writer on the main book, I'd be all for a Seeley Wonder Woman title.

IF Rucka leaves, then my first choice to replace him would be Phil Jimenez, but I don't think that's happening.

I'm 80% he stays tbh.