Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    IF Rucka leaves, then my first choice to replace him would be Phil Jimenez, but I don't think that's happening.

I'm 80% he stays tbh.
    Well, Jimenez did just leave Superwoman, so he seems to be available for a Wonder Woman project. I've never read his run, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, Jimenez did just leave Superwoman, so he seems to be available for a Wonder Woman project. I've never read his run, though.
    It's regarded as a fan favorite if I'm not mistaken (my favorite run because he works with Diana's Wonder Girls) and some people describe him as a continuity freak at times, so he wouldn't just wipe out what Rucka did just because the sake of it. I don't know how many people would be on board with it though.

But despite how much I like Jimenez' run, I'd like Rucka to stay for a while.

Astonishing Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I thought the same thing - Seeley could be fun on Diana, but I tend to think of him as more a fun, quippy writer, than one who can tell the dramatic, mythic stories that Diana deserves on her main title. If we could get the second book out of DC, and keep Rucka or another dramatic writer on the main book, I'd be all for a Seeley Wonder Woman title.
    I think a change in tone could be good if done right. Seeley utilizes a lot of Morrison's toys over in the Bat-verse, so I could very much see him channeling Morrison's Earth One and Marston, in a way that hopefully wouldn't be jarring with Rucka's take. Obviously I don't think we'd have to worry about him ditching her supporting cast in favor of his own, as he has already written Steve in a lead role twice.

IF Rucka leaves, then my first choice to replace him would be Phil Jimenez, but I don't think that's happening.

I'm 80% he stays tbh.
    I certainly wouldn't mind Jimenez coming back, but I think I'd prefer some new blood on the title. But maybe Jimenez could come on as the artist/co-author?

I'm 80% he stays tbh.

Same here. As much as I would like Rucka to stay, I would be very ok with him leaving if Phil Jimenez was taking over writing duties and art for the non-Sharp issues. I could also see Seeley taking over writing duties with Jimenez on art.
    Currently Reading: Aquaman, Batgirl & The Birds of Prey, Green Arrow. Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America, The Terrifics, Titans, Wonder Woman, & Wonder Woman '77.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Same here. As much as I would like Rucka to stay, I would be very ok with him leaving if Phil Jimenez was taking over writing duties and art for the non-Sharp issues. I could also see Seeley taking over writing duties with Jimenez on art.
    If that happens, I would imagine they'd be most likely to try to go for two Diana titles.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

If that happens, I would imagine they'd be most likely to try to go for two Diana titles.
    Sensation Comics, maybe? Featuring Steve, Etta and maybe Donna? God knows that I want her back in a WW title at least for an arc after that mess Finch did.

So we have the solicits for 24 and a cover

WW24COVERink_colors_CMYK_58c975704f7dd4.94329818.jpg

I enlarged the cover since they only shown a thumbnail.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So we have the solicits for 24 and a cover

WW24COVERink_colors_CMYK_58c975704f7dd4.94329818.jpg

I enlarged the cover since they only shown a thumbnail.
    It says also that Godwatch fullfiled their purpose, that means Cale's kid is back with her, that's good.

Maybe that means Diana reached the Island

Sensation Comics, maybe? Featuring Steve, Etta and maybe Donna? God knows that I want her back in a WW title at least for an arc after that mess Finch did.
    I would love an actually decent Sensation title, instead of the halfhearted anthology they tried to turn out last time they used the title.

It says also that Godwatch fullfiled their purpose, that means Cale's kid is back with her, that's good.

Maybe that means Diana reached the Island
    If Diana goes home, that means Ares and the Amazons will have a reckoning...

But remember guys Diana has never been back on the Island. Hippolyta even states this and Diana states this. GodWatch arc takes place a few months after year one.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But remember guys Diana has never been back on the Island. Hippolyta even states this and Diana states this. GodWatch arc takes place a few months after year one.
    Which confuses me is:

With Godwatch’s purpose fulfilled, Diana and Cale are forced to confront the choices of the past…and a new direction for the future.

So, if Cale got back her kid why is she still nagging Diana years later?

I think Godwatch isn't going to stay in the past - I think it's going to bring us up to the present.

Truth Rucka did say the arcs will overlap each other. And the daughter does look older.

I would love an actually decent Sensation title, instead of the halfhearted anthology they tried to turn out last time they used the title.
    I couldn't agree more, the anthology format ruined it for me. A second Wonder Woman title should be in continuity with the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I couldn't agree more, the anthology format ruined it for me. A second Wonder Woman title should be in continuity with the first.
    Yes, absolutely. Detective and Batman and Action and Superman are in the same world, why not Sensation and Wonder Woman? (Or heck, All-Star?)