Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

When Infinity Incorporated was first launched, the opening storyline sent the Infinitors back in time to meet their parents in their prime. What would you think of such a solution for the Infinitor generation on Primary Earth? That is, if Alan Scott is too young to have fully grown children when the JSA arrives in the present, have Jade and Obsidian be time travelers from a possible future who have been sent to the present to help the JSA. Likewise with Rick Tyler, Jesse Chambers, Tom Bronson, and so on.

And then there's the trio that's difficult to handle for a whole different reason: Power Girl, Huntress, and Fury. Here, the problem isn't with their parents being too young to have grown-up children; the problem is that their parents don't exist
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

A JSA as youthful heroes seems to be a waste. You already have a team with multiple Flashes and Green Lanterns running around main earth. There was another team on Earth 2 which just concluded yesterday.

The solution seems to be to Captain America them. Johnny's hundredth birthday is this year and the characters will get older as time goes on. If they are going to be on the main Earth and active for Hitler and McCarthy, they seriously need some jump strategy. I've said this before (and yes, I repeat my theory) but popping the JSA up a few years before the modern day heroes start their adventures allows them to start families and acclimate themselves to the present day. I don't think bringing an entire All-Star Squadron to the present day works. I also don't think bring Joan Garrick, Molly Mayne and each character's supporting cast works well either. A dozen or so heroes time displace to 1985 (date to change as time goes on) would have a few years to get acclimated, meet spouses, get marries, have kids, and also recostume up to meet the JLA and the other present day heroes.

Why was the scene with Jay and Wally in Rebirth? Because the JSA are on main Earth, the should have been with the rest of the heroes throughout (at least most of) their history. Johnny Thunder got then to 1985, Jon Osterman made people forget them after 1985. Seems like a plan to me.

Obviously, my solution makes the JSA's casts drastically different in their original adventures. If they're now a "covert" team, maybe that's a good thing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    A JSA as youthful heroes seems to be a waste. You already have a team with multiple Flashes and Green Lanterns running around main earth. There was another team on Earth 2 which just concluded yesterday.

The solution seems to be to Captain America them. Johnny's hundredth birthday is this year and the characters will get older as time goes on. If they are going to be on the main Earth and active for Hitler and McCarthy, they seriously need some jump strategy. I've said this before (and yes, I repeat my theory) but popping the JSA up a few years before the modern day heroes start their adventures allows them to start families and acclimate themselves to the present day. I don't think bringing an entire All-Star Squadron to the present day works. I also don't think bring Joan Garrick, Molly Mayne and each character's supporting cast works well either. A dozen or so heroes time displace to 1985 (date to change as time goes on) would have a few years to get acclimated, meet spouses, get marries, have kids, and also recostume up to meet the JLA and the other present day heroes.

Why was the scene with Jay and Wally in Rebirth? Because the JSA are on main Earth, the should have been with the rest of the heroes throughout (at least most of) their history. Johnny Thunder got then to 1985, Jon Osterman made people forget them after 1985. Seems like a plan to me.

Obviously, my solution makes the JSA's casts drastically different in their original adventures. If they're now a "covert" team, maybe that's a good thing.
    That's what my solution takes care of. You preserve 'Earth 2' as close to the original concept as possible while still having them part of Earth 0's history, allow the characters to age and have grown kids while still being relatively vital. The only problem is with the Johns-era legacy characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    That's what my solution takes care of. You preserve 'Earth 2' as close to the original concept as possible while still having them part of Earth 0's history, allow the characters to age and have grown kids while still being relatively vital. The only problem is with the Johns-era legacy characters.
    True. I wish I had looked harder for your post and given it a "me too" addition. Rebirth and Flashpoint changed a lot and we're not getting exactly what we had before. Time also has an effect making our heroes older each year. I'm certainly not claiming credit foir the idea, but I think it's a great way to handle it. The JSA makes it to present day as an older, multi-generational team yet they are not decrepitly old. A Starman could do science stuff and a sandman could do some detective work at 60 easily.

I say if you want to have all the kids and everything back you need to put the whole thing back on its own Earth. Trying to squeeze it all back into the current main Earth is just going to be a mess waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    According to DCU Rebirth #1, the Justice Society was a covert team of heroes who helped bring about the end of WWII and then were accidently banished from reality by Johnny Thunder during the subsequent McCarthy hearings.
    One little problem I have with this: the JSA weren't a "covert" team.
    Now, as part of Wally's narration, he says this about Johnny Thunder:
    He was born in 1917. He's been in and out of rest homes for the last thirty-seven years.
    He tells tales of his youth to everyone he sees. How he was part of a covert team of mystery men that helped end World War II.
    Except for his great-grandson, they all think he's crazy. Every doctor in the state has told him so.
    But he's not.
    Now, whether they actually were covert or if Johnny just says they were to try and convince people who never heard of them that maybe they did exist is another question (at least in my mind). But if DC brings them back and sticks with this silly "covert" angle, that would definitely be something I would not like. (I'm sorry, but if they're returned to continuity, you no longer need the "covert" angle. The type of characters they were in those old Golden Age stories wouldn't have worried about being a "covert" team of heroes, though they wouldn't have been necessarily promoting themselves to feed their own egos or anything.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Now, whether they actually were covert or if Johnny just says they were to try and convince people who never heard of them that maybe they did exist is another question (at least in my mind).
    That's not really in Johnny's character: he's often mistaken, but rarely devious.

But if DC brings them back and sticks with this silly "covert" angle, that would definitely be something I would not like. (I'm sorry, but if they're returned to continuity, you no longer need the "covert" angle. The type of characters they were in those old Golden Age stories wouldn't have worried about being a "covert" team of heroes, though they wouldn't have been necessarily promoting themselves to feed their own egos or anything.)
    That's largely irrelevant to the question at hand, which is about how to bring in the JSA's legacy characters. But I would point you to the Liberty Files for an illustration of how the JSA could work as a covert team.

Remember too that the original JSA didn't help end WWII; but the Rebirth JSA apparently did. Just saying…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I say if you want to have all the kids and everything back you need to put the whole thing back on its own Earth. Trying to squeeze it all back into the current main Earth is just going to be a mess waiting to happen.
    Yes. I know some will disagree, but I just don't understand redoing this.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

That's largely irrelevant to the question at hand, which is about how to bring in the JSA's legacy characters. But I would point you to the Liberty Files for an illustration of how the JSA could work as a covert team.
    Hm. Let's think about this. A great deal of the classic JSA, except for the Spectre and possibly Dr. Fate (when powered up), are not really gamechangers on the battlefield. Even the Flash in this period was sub Mach I, or maybe Mach II. With more limited powers, I think you could see them being used more in espionage and clandestine work, particularly the non-powered folks and even folks like Hourman. Perhaps only Alan Scott would be useful in large scale warfare (and even there, I can think of limitations that might make him more useful in clandestine work).

Well, I guess many people here seem to be wanting the "legacy" characters but apparently don't care about the legacy of the original group itself?

(Whatever. DC is probably going to screw this up anyway.)

Well, I guess many people here seem to be wanting the "legacy" characters but apparently don't care about the legacy of the original group itself?

Well, with the exceptions of Jay, Alan, Ted, and much as I don't like him, Hawkman, the older JSA members don't really have what you'd call "Personalities" hence why the younger characters are so much more interesting and fun than the older guys.

This is a thread about their kids, so that's not really surprising. It's not like there aren't JSA threads not focusing on the Infinitors and related characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I agree. It has to be on a separate Earth. (Same thing for the Marvel (Shazam) Family). That way you can keep the Trinity in the mix.

To have all the heroes supporting casts jump forward in time with the JSA...

Have a reunion after they "retire" in 1951. All the heroes & their families are at this reunion. That is when the Thunderbolt acts. For the supernatural Dr Fate & the Spectre it isn't critical for them to be there. Then the entire JSA, spouses & children are able to "start over" in modern times.

Astonishing Member

I just don't think it can be done right now. IF the JSA are brought back as younger, then that means any chance of their kids/legacies coming back at all is null. It just wouldn't work. Wait until Rebirth has finished running its entire course. Hopefully the whole Watchmen crossover fixes time and we can get Jade and Obsidian back. Oh, how I miss these kids...

Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-09-2017 at 11:44 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Who here would be cool with the earth 2 heroes getting older,having kids,the kids becoming heroes,then get sent to the main earth?
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Mutation is a bitch

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon is humans trying to recreate God(Superman)

-where can I get a designer genetically modified human superman?

Kon-el appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....l-Appreciation!
    Young Justice (comic and TV) appreciation thread
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-and-tv-show)