Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Who here would be cool with the earth 2 heroes getting older,having kids,the kids becoming heroes,then get sent to the main earth?
    Meh....

Honestly I really don't like the kids much. The ones I do aren't really 'the kids', like Atom Smasher and Dr. Cross (when he's written well... which hasn't been in forever.) They were pretty much separate characters who took inspiration. Stargirl has her moments too... But other than that I love the original JSA. Rex instead of Rick. Alan instead of Jade and Obsidion. The idea of just sending over the kids doesn't interest me at all. we already have Teen Titans... or two or three The young heroes learning their place in the world is well covered.

Personally my favorite idea is just keep the Earth 2 around and have many many crossovers. Much like the Crime Syndicate or any other 'alternate universe' Justice League... I love having the counterpoint, but without the whole 'Listen to your elders' thing that they did with them post-crisis. I like the JSA to be the JLA's peers and equals. The kids?? They just aren't that interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Meh....

Honestly I really don't like the kids much. The ones I do aren't really 'the kids', like Atom Smasher and Dr. Cross (when he's written well... which hasn't been in forever.) They were pretty much separate characters who took inspiration. Stargirl has her moments too... But other than that I love the original JSA. Rex instead of Rick. Alan instead of Jade and Obsidion. The idea of just sending over the kids doesn't interest me at all. we already have Teen Titans... or two or three The young heroes learning their place in the world is well covered.

Personally my favorite idea is just keep the Earth 2 around and have many many crossovers. Much like the Crime Syndicate or any other 'alternate universe' Justice League... I love having the counterpoint, but without the whole 'Listen to your elders' thing that they did with them post-crisis. I like the JSA to be the JLA's peers and equals. The kids?? They just aren't that interesting to me.
    Perhaps there's a way to appease both fanbases. Keep the older JSA on Earth 2, separate but always ready for crossovers, while the kids get sent over to Prime Earth, and reform the JSA All-Stars.

Look I would rather have the JSA on earth 2myslef,but that's not what DC is doing,they are setting up a full comeback.so the young JSA members (they don't have to be just kids)need to be dealt with,cause isn't DC all about legacy,and nothing screams legacy like the JSA.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Mutation is a bitch

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon was never supermans son,he was always humans trying to recreate the Earth's greatest hero.

-So much happier now that I don't visit Bleeding Cool

-what do you give a half kryptonian clone to be super,TACTILE TELEKINESIS of course

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Perhaps there's a way to appease both fanbases. Keep the older JSA on Earth 2, separate but always ready for crossovers, while the kids get sent over to Prime Earth, and reform the JSA All-Stars.
    I'm sorry, but the idea of exporting the kids to the same Earth which already has the likes of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and a gazillion under-used heroes seems pointless.
    The JSA kids will either be over-shadowed by other heroes already there, or they will be hated by fans of the characters that people think are being ignored because of the JSA kids. (It would be like all the people constantly complaining how DC was ignoring Wally West to focus on Barry Allen all over again.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm sorry, but the idea of exporting the kids to the same Earth which already has the likes of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, and a gazillion under-used heroes seems pointless.
    The JSA kids will either be over-shadowed by other heroes already there, or they will be hated by fans of the characters that people think are being ignored because of the JSA kids. (It would be like all the people constantly complaining how DC was ignoring Wally West to focus on Barry Allen all over again.)
    I'm sorry. I don't see the comparison. It's not like the JSA kids would be replacing anyone. They're a group who have had their own book before, and they'd just be getting a new one. It's not as if the second Maxine Hunkel, Jakeem Thunder, and Wildcat II return, three random other characters would get poofed out.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I'm sorry. I don't see the comparison. It's not like the JSA kids would be replacing anyone. They're a group who have had their own book before, and they'd just be getting a new one. It's not as if the second Maxine Hunkel, Jakeem Thunder, and Wildcat II return, three random other characters would get poofed out.
    No, but if they get a book, everybody who's already complaining that characters they thought should have had a book by now but don't will feel their character didn't get a slot because this book that seems pretty pointless without the heroes that inspired them got a shot first.

No, but if they get a book, everybody who's already complaining that characters they thought should have had a book by now but don't will feel their character didn't get a slot because this book that seems pretty pointless without the heroes that inspired them got a shot first.
    Fans have wanted these guys back for years! With the older JSA members having their own book on Earth 2, I don't think anyone except people who just don't like the JSA (yes, those freaks of nature exist lol), would be mad.

Um there were many new 52,DC you,and even rebirth books that ppl felt that way about.DC loves to give pointless books a chance,even when they know they will.fail,it's their thing.the younger JSA had their own book multiple times,and if the JSA book goes twice a month, than they can all be in the JSA book itself not another separate book.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Mutation is a bitch

-Don't mess with the "S"

-kon was never supermans son,he was always humans trying to recreate the Earth's greatest hero.

-what do you give a half kryptonian clone to be super,TACTILE TELEKINESIS of course

Um there were many new 52,DC you,and even rebirth books that ppl felt that way about.DC loves to give pointless books a chance,even when they know they will.fail,it's their thing.the younger JSA had their own book multiple times,and if the JSA book goes twice a month, than they can all be in the JSA book itself not another separate book.
    Don't you think the JSA needs their own book first before you start talking about a twice-a-month scheduling?
    (Or have you been supplied a DEFINITE date for when the first issue is going to be released?
    Have you been told who the writer and the artist(s) are?)

Don't you think the JSA needs their own book first before you start talking about a twice-a-month scheduling?
    (Or have you been supplied a DEFINITE date for when the first issue is going to be released?
    Have you been told who the writer and the artist(s) are?)

Lol.i know the JSA is $ in the bank for DC,and considering that a JSA book will be a instant hit,and a bigger name brand than some of the 2 a month books,I'm expecting it to happen.

Btw Geoff's JSA started and continued on with BOTH the older and younger guys on the team.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Mutation is a bitch

-Don't mess with the "S"

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

how to bring back the kids?

Well, lets see how DC brings back the JSA first and afterwards we'll talk about the kids.

I'm an Infinity Inc fan and i'd love to see guys like Sylvester Pemberton, PG, Huntress, Brainwave Jr and Northwind return but to be honest i dont give a damn about impostors like Rick Tyler, Yolanda Montez and most of Geoff's legacy JSA line up.

As much as i would like to see a multi generational team, i dont want to see the kids replace the original JSAers, i want to see them work alongside the JSA.

Lol.i know the JSA is $ in the bank for DC,and considering that a JSA book will be a instant hit,and a bigger name brand than some of the 2 a month books,I'm expecting it to happen.

Btw Geoff's JSA started and continued on with BOTH the older and younger guys on the team.
    But, gosh, shouldn't that mean the current Earth 2 series is one of DC's top sellers?

A JSA title from DC is not guaranteed "$ in the bank for DC" if it's not done right. Even looking at responses in this thread, there are people who will NOT buy the book unless it has the elements they want/expect/DEMAND it have, and there are a lot of different demands expressed here.

But, gosh, shouldn't that mean the current Earth 2 series is one of DC's top sellers?

A JSA title from DC is not guaranteed "$ in the bank for DC" if it's not done right. Even looking at responses in this thread, there are people who will NOT buy the book unless it has the elements they want/expect/DEMAND it have, and there are a lot of different demands expressed here.
    Exactly. I've used used a pizza analogy for this. We all want pizza, but when it comes time to decide on toppings, we rarely agree. We (the usual cast of posters in these threads) all want a JSA book. But the particulars are something we have differing opinions on.

Come on be real,earth 2 from.the start didn't look.like a JSA book,and went farther away from 1 as it went on,it was never going to get the JSA fans who.are.expecting the traditional setup,which is what it looks like we are getting.

It doesn't need.to be perfect,just extremely recognizable to paying fans.
    #BRINGBACKKON

-Mutation is a bitch

-Don't mess with the "S"

The only time the Justice Society has been a real hit is when Geoff Johns was writting them. When he left the last series it quickly started tanking even with quality writers coming after him. It is by no means money in the bank.