Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, as Orphan and Spoiler. YJ is not gonna let itself be overrun by Bat character though. They're gonna continue to use the big ones, and it makes sense for them to focus on the Batgirl and Robin that are relevant to today's DC. And Nightwing if DC is serious about wanting to spin him off.
    Dick's been on the show since the start; he isn't going anywhere. Tim and Babs though were two of the most ignored characters in season 2.

Honestly, much as I love Cass and Steph, I DO agree that Young Justice shouldn't be overrun by Bats. It's just when I see people saying how much they want Damian or Red Hood (OMG, the amount of people who want Red Hood), I feel that if other, new Bats were to be introduced, it should be ones in need of exposure.

Oh, and unlike all the boys and Babs, the only Bats to ever be part of the real Young Justice besides Tim, if only for one issue, were Bette and Cass.

They are all in need of exposure. And the YJ tv show isn't an adaption of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    They are all in need of exposure. And the YJ tv show isn't an adaption of the comic.
    Except...they aren't?

Sure, they're not known of by everyone in the world like Batman, but if you're at least half way familiar with comic books or comic book media, you know who Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd, and Damian Wayne are.

The 90's batkids (Tim to a lesser extent), Huntress, Azrael, not so much.

And yes, the tv show isn't an adaptation of the comic. But if there wasn't SOME influence from it, we wouldn't have gotten things like Red Tornado as the mentor, the Secret and Harm episode, and the 3 leftover members of the YJ4 joining the cast in season 2.

If they want people, and new generations, to continue know who those characters are, then they need to continue to expose them. So yes, they all are in need of it.

And the show takes influence from all over. Because they were part of the comic, for one issue at that, holds little bearing.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-15-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's a little baffling to me that anyone has a problem with Batman losing to Shiva of all people.
    Didn't batman get his back broken by Bane? Isn't that a worst humiliation than losing to Shiva (whos highly skilled so its not like its that shocking). Batmans been beaten up by plenty of villians.

Why this singling out of Shiva as if shes weak? She not a common thug.

BANNED

To be honest, I'd rather YJ focus on just Dick alone. They did virtually nothing with him. They should select one legacy character from each core franchise and work on them. With Dick getting his own film he's a logical choice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Didn't batman get his back broken by Bane? Isn't that a worst humiliation than losing to Shiva (whos highly skilled so its not like its that shocking). Batmans been beaten up by plenty of villians.

Why this singling out of Shiva as if shes weak? She not a common thug.
    After fighting his entire rogues gallery, getting fear gassed, nursing an illness, fighting Bane's henchmen and then fighting an evil version of himself on literal roids.
    It was also a part of an actual Batman story that had impact on Batman's character. Here he is just side fodder at the expense of his own sidekicks, zero comparison.

Batman has beaten Shiva 3 times
    Shiva has so far beaten Batman once in this story at that
    Not a bad record against her but tynion is guilty of many of her losses anyway
    Using Bruce to prop her back up is just as bad as the general use of Bruce to give half of the batfamily a conflict

Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar

Tynion has retconned their fight record. Shiva threw the previous fights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Tynion has retconned their fight record. Shiva threw the previous fights.
    Which doesn't make sense, it goes against Shiva's character. She lives for martial combat, the concept of throwing away a fight doesn't exist to her. Its kill or be killed.
    I have noticed a pattern with Tynion, he kind off sucks at writing characters he claims to love but does a decent job with others. He's used the League/Shiva/Ras's many times in the past. He keeps returning to them over and over, he clearly has a crush on them. But I'll take Tynion's Joker and his Bane based on the Endgame annual and Talon series any day over his use of the League. Even his Damian is far better than his Tim based on the TMNT crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Which doesn't make sense, it goes against Shiva's character. She lives for martial combat, the concept of throwing away a fight doesn't exist to her. Its kill or be killed.
    I have noticed a pattern with Tynion, he kind off sucks at writing characters he claims to love but does a decent job with others. He's used the League/Shiva/Ras's many times in the past. He keeps returning to them over and over, he clearly has a crush on them. But I'll take Tynion's Joker and his Bane based on the Endgame annual and Talon series any day over his use of the League. Even his Damian is far better than his Tim based on the TMNT crossover.
    You've got a point. Just look at the original 'Tec team. The ones he claims are his favorites, Tim and the Batgirlfriends, he doesn't write very well. But the ones he's just a casual fan of, Bruce, Kate, and Basil? He writes them really damn well.

Interesting one mentions it because it`s so true. Shiva throwing a fight or play pretend are alien to her character. At least to, well, pretty much every story so far. O`Neil`s Shiva was absolutely delighted that when facing a gang, one of them actually manages to cut her above the eye. So delighted that she let that one guy live.

She would be stunningly POUHM (pissed out of her mind) to learn Richard Dragon threw his loss at the end of the Dixon series as Neron implies and calls him on it. It`s a concept that`s alien to her but so in character for someone like Dragon who is more interested in spiritual gains and peace of mind than constantly proving he`s the best there is. Shiva thrives on challenge and in fighting people with the sort of rep Batman has.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

"Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

"Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Interesting one mentions it because it`s so true. Shiva throwing a fight or play pretend are alien to her character. At least to, well, pretty much every story so far. O`Neil`s Shiva was absolutely delighted that when facing a gang, one of them actually manages to cut her above the eye. So delighted that she let that one guy live.

She would be stunningly POUHM (pissed out of her mind) to learn Richard Dragon threw his loss at the end of the Dixon series as Neron implies and calls him on it. It`s a concept that`s alien to her but so in character for someone like Dragon who is more interested in spiritual gains and peace of mind than constantly proving he`s the best there is. Shiva thrives on challenge and in fighting people with the sort of rep Batman has.
    The woman just wants someone to kill her. Maybe she was willing to throw fights against Batman because she knew he would never kill her? Just an idea.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    You've got a point. Just look at the original 'Tec team. The ones he claims are his favorites, Tim and the Batgirlfriends, he doesn't write very well. But the ones he's just a casual fan of, Bruce, Kate, and Basil? He writes them really damn well.
    I am curious - what was bad about his writing of Tim and Steph? I mean, there are the times where his difficulty at building someone up without tearing someone else down shows up, like Batman Eternal #51, but in general, I think he writes Tim very well, and Steph quite strongly. His choice to alienate Steph from the Batfamily is the one that is most often brought up, but I think that was very logical given her love for Tim and his "death," and it's a creative way to set the status quo of Steph being an outsider to the Batfamily without requiring Bruce and Tim to constantly tell her she's not good enough.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    The woman just wants someone to kill her. Maybe she was willing to throw fights against Batman because she knew he would never kill her? Just an idea.
    Doesn't make sense with respect to their past encounter. Their first fight was a brief skirmish in which Shiva admitted that she was testing Bruce. Jason helped Bruce win the second fight, nothing to throw away. She was under mind control in the Loeb comic,she won in the New 52. Ironically the only time I can buy her throwing away a fight was when she got owned by Jason in a comic written by Tynion himself.