Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I find Duke kinda boring outside of WAR and Robin war but I believe he has potential and want to see him succeed . The animosity following him makes me root for him more.

I believe that he is a copy of Tim and that his creator and writers haven't done him any favours in the way they handle him. He would benefit with more interaction with the rest of the family and I believe the way he's currently handled alienates him and fosters division.

I don't believe he should be done away with but I think that while pushing him they should also remember the ones who were here 1st. It seems unfair making big plans for Duke when you haven't sorted out Tim [though I believe Tynion when he says he has plans for Tim]

When people complain about the lack of other family members in the main titles most are not asking for Duke's panel time to be cut or for others to be used instead of Duke but rather for others to feature as well as Duke.

As a Damian Wayne fan I believe in giving new Characters a chance after all my favourite was a new character thrust into an already bloated family and it ended up working out. I hope the same for Duke.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-17-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    I don't think is necessarily a unique trait that other don't have. Today most of the things are generic, all is copy of another copy with sightly variations. Does more for the character the environment that surrounds it and from there it's molding. I think the better niche for Duke is the same as in WAR. In the streets, with the other wannabe Robins, to take a view of Gotham and his people more nearest than in other Batman books. Not seeing them from the heights like the others, inside them.

About a truly good character doesn't given so many chances, I think Damian took a few years to settle down and now is one of DC's most relatable characters. That's why I gave the chance to Duke and Snyder. Let's see how ends.

About the others characters you mentioned, I remember pretty well how I complained about Tim's death and Tynion months ago and you said me that DC has plans to him and I was exaggerating so don't tell me this now. I don't care about Steph, Cass and Detective. Jason book is one of the best of Rebirth right now, same as Nightwing. I don't know why the sales come down, because it downs in almost all of the books, not only in these series in particular. DC is doing well with them. Batgirl is another theme than I prefer not to talk about.

I don't think that Duke is boring, actually I think WAR was a good run, I enjoyed a lot the series. It's one of the reason I believe that Duke has potential.
    You may not care about them, buuuuut you're not the only person in the world. Me, and a f**k load of other people LOVE Cass and Steph.

I'm in the "Get rid of Duke" camp for pretty much all the reasons which have already been said. No other Batfamily member has needed "More chances" to become likable.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    You may not care about them, buuuuut you're not the only person in the world. Me, and a f**k load of other people LOVE Cass and Steph.

I'm in the "Get rid of Duke" camp for pretty much all the reasons which have already been said. No other Batfamily member has needed "More chances" to become likable.
    I knew it when I wrote that, sooner or later you'll quote me.

I knew it when I wrote that, sooner or later you'll quote me.
    LOL. Yeah, I don't really try to hide which characters I'm loyal to. Doesn't make any of what I said less true.

LOL. Yeah, I don't really try to hide which characters I'm loyal to. Doesn't make any of what I said less true.
    It doesn't that why I'm never in favour of getting rid of characters. If they've been around for some time someone has come to care for them so it's unfair to kill em off.

I don't hate Steph and Cass at all, only I don't have much interest, I'm indifferent. I hate Tynion with all my soul, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It doesn't that why I'm never in favour of getting rid of characters. If they've been around for some time someone has come to care for them so it's unfair to kill em off.
    Whenever I've said Duke should die, in other threads, I've mostly been joking. I think he should get a story, get an ending, and leave. He just isn't sustainable enough to be a permanent fixture of the BatFam.

I don't hate Steph and Cass at all, only I don't have much interest, I'm indifferent. I hate Tynion with all my soul, that's true.
    I think Tynion is a decent writer. Don't like a lot of what he's done, but I'd never call him a "bad writer". Why do you hate him?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    People say the Duke hate isn't because he is black but I feel that's a god damn lie. Let him be a hero to the old white ladies...
    I hate to agree with this. I really, really do. But.... QFT!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I think Tynion is a decent writer. Don't like a lot of what he's done, but I'd never call him a "bad writer". Why do you hate him?
    Destroy first RHATO run and "kill" Tim. That's why I avoid Detective threads. I can't be objective with him, so I prefer don't say nothing at all there.

I can't say I care about Duke one way or another, and DC has yet to convince me otherwise, but I see people say how he's a copy of Tim. And in many way he is. Here's the thing though, Tim isn't some unique butterfly. The most distinct thing about him these days is that he's smart, but quite frankly him being smart far from actually makes him distinct. Tim lost the things that made him distinct a long time ago, and one of those things was never his personality.

As far as I'm concerned Duke and Harper isn't really that different from the 90's crop in their importance, their handling, and what they actually bring to the table. At least with Duke though they are not reintroducing him so they could reintroduce old ideas from yesterday, or just so he could be around just for the sake of being around. Well maybe not so much that last one.

I will say this about Duke, they need to poop or get off the pot with him. They won't even tell us his damn superhero name. What the hell are they waiting for. If they seriously want people to get behind this character then they need to start giving people something to get behind.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-17-2017 at 12:39 PM.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Maybe just maybe if the attacks would stop-the accusations would too.

All the flaws of the Batmnan universe can be ignored except when it comes to a black boy named Duke.

Batman neglects his son-blame Duke
    Batman neglects Tim-blame Duke
    Batgirl's book is bad blame Duke
    Wally West is beign ignored-blame Duke
    Cyborg's book is bad blame Duke

Now we got folks want him to go to the hood and defend it and wonder why folks would be offended by that?

What is this the 1970s?

Why was that not suggested for Batwing? Bronze Tiger? Micheal Lane? Crispus Atticks version of Spectre? Micheal Holt?

And isn't Oprheus dead?

Folks have defended Duke and LOL folks who hate Duke no matter what won't listen.

And yes that includes those who don't like seeing a black boy with Batman.

That poster is entitled to feel that way. If that is what he sees. We have folks boycotting Batman over Duke. Of all the books I hear leading the list of boycotts-it's Batman and Duke Thomas is the main reason.

What are suppose to think? He is BARELY in that book-I could understand if he was getting page time like fake Wally but what is going to happen if he does something big?

Folks have screamed don't suh with minorities-so we don't get a Riri Williams. Well they are taking their time and still got complaints.
    No, when Wally West is being ignored, you blame BLACK Wally West.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I can't say I care about Duke one way or another, and DC has yet to convince me otherwise, but I see people say how he's a copy of Tim. And in many way he is. Here's the thing though, Tim isn't some unique butterfly. The most distinct thing about him these days is that he's smart, but quite frankly him being smart far from actually makes him distinct. Tim lost the things that made him distinct a long time ago, and one of those things wasn't his personality. As far as I'm concerned Duke and Harper isn't really that different from the 90's crop in their importance, their handling, and what they actually bring to the table. At least with Duke though they not reintroducing him to just reintroduce old ideas from the past.
    False. Cass, Tim, and to a lesser extent Steph have all had highly successful solo books, and the only reason they're "ideas from the past" is because DiDio hates them and didn't want them in the New52 in the girls case, and Tim was ruined by the New52 in his case.

Destroy first RHATO run and "kill" Tim. That's why I avoid Detective threads. I can't be objective with him, so I prefer don't say nothing at all there.
    "Destroy'? I read the first RHatO storyline, and I find it hard to believe it could have gotten any worse than THAT trash.

Also, don't know for sure, but I'd wager given his appearances in other books that Tim's "death" was ordered by editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    No, when Wally West is being ignored, you blame BLACK Wally West.
    Not an unrealistic response. Which Wally West is being featured in more books right now? Hint: It's not the ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    I hate to agree with this. I really, really do. But.... QFT!
    Explain the Harper hate then. Last time I checked she was whiter than a snowstorm.

When someone accuses Duke haters of being racist it just cracks me up. It's such a baseless, petty attack. And it reassures me that his defenders really do lack good arguments to defend him with.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 03-17-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."