Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 591
  1. #556
    Fantastic Member bobellis75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    You'll like it enough. It was a good/decent trade despite it being the equivalent of taking like War & Peace or The Bible and condensing it down to like 50 pages.

    You'd have a lot of room with just All Star Superman, if that's all you include in that trade except One Mill. If I were using your plans, I'd use up more space and do my longer O.Mill version from my JLA bind after All Star Batman. But even if you don't go with that and use this trade, you'll definitely have a fuller richer All Star experience.
    I ordered the shorter version. I think that will be enough for me to flesh it out.

    Do you have pics of any of your binds? Would love to see some of your stuff!

  2. #557
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    My Morrison era JLA bind's map looked kinda like this (it was more complicated, but I stripped it down some):
    ---Vol 1---
    JLA Year One TPB
    JLA Midsummer Nightmare TPB
    JLA Secret Files #1
    JLA #1 - #4
    Society of SV story from JLA 80-Page Giant 1
    JLA/Wildcats
    JLA #5
    Aztek #10
    JLA #6 - 17

    ---Vol 2---
    JLA #18 - 19
    Pages from Superman Forever #1
    JLA #20 - 23
    My abridged version of DC One Million

    --Vol 3ó
    JLA #24 - 27
    Amazo's bio to Malefic's bio from DCU Villains Secret Files & Origins #1
    M.Manhunter 6-9
    JLA #28 - 41
    JLA: Earth 2 TPB
    JLA #42
    JLA League of One TPB
    JLA Heaven's Ladder 1
    JLA #43 - 44
    Justice League: "Blame" (from Tower of Babel old tpb)
    JLA #45 - 46
    Tower of Babel epilogue material from Tower of Babel old tpb
    JLA CLass 1-3 (with intro saying it didnít happen here, but I felt it belongs with Morrisonís other JLA stories)
    Thank you America for voting for change.

  3. #558
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gotham City, Earth 666
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    My Morrison era JLA bind's map looked kinda like this (it was more complicated, but I stripped it down some):
    ---Vol 1---
    JLA Year One TPB
    JLA Midsummer Nightmare TPB
    JLA Secret Files #1
    JLA #1 - #4
    Society of SV story from JLA 80-Page Giant 1
    JLA/Wildcats
    JLA #5
    Aztek #10
    JLA #6 - 17

    ---Vol 2---
    JLA #18 - 19
    Pages from Superman Forever #1
    JLA #20 - 23
    My abridged version of DC One Million

    --Vol 3ó
    JLA #24 - 27
    Amazo's bio to Malefic's bio from DCU Villains Secret Files & Origins #1
    M.Manhunter 6-9
    JLA #28 - 41
    JLA: Earth 2 TPB
    JLA #42
    JLA League of One TPB
    JLA Heaven's Ladder 1
    JLA #43 - 44
    Justice League: "Blame" (from Tower of Babel old tpb)
    JLA #45 - 46
    Tower of Babel epilogue material from Tower of Babel old tpb
    JLA CLass 1-3 (with intro saying it didnít happen here, but I felt it belongs with Morrisonís other JLA stories)

    Thanks for this! I ve been meaning to bind this series for a while now as I haven't read the ssues since they came out. It will be nice to finally get them out of the ol long boxes.
    And then there were none...


    Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

  4. #559
    Fantastic Member bobellis75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    My Morrison era JLA bind's map looked kinda like this (it was more complicated, but I stripped it down some):
    ---Vol 1---
    JLA Year One TPB
    JLA Midsummer Nightmare TPB
    JLA Secret Files #1
    JLA #1 - #4
    Society of SV story from JLA 80-Page Giant 1
    JLA/Wildcats
    JLA #5
    Aztek #10
    JLA #6 - 17

    ---Vol 2---
    JLA #18 - 19
    Pages from Superman Forever #1
    JLA #20 - 23
    My abridged version of DC One Million

    --Vol 3—
    JLA #24 - 27
    Amazo's bio to Malefic's bio from DCU Villains Secret Files & Origins #1
    M.Manhunter 6-9
    JLA #28 - 41
    JLA: Earth 2 TPB
    JLA #42
    JLA League of One TPB
    JLA Heaven's Ladder 1
    JLA #43 - 44
    Justice League: "Blame" (from Tower of Babel old tpb)
    JLA #45 - 46
    Tower of Babel epilogue material from Tower of Babel old tpb
    JLA CLass 1-3 (with intro saying it didn’t happen here, but I felt it belongs with Morrison’s other JLA stories)
    That's a pretty well thought out bind...nice work. I do want to include Year One for sure. I think we are on the same track, but you certainly have included more extra content. How do those Manhunter issues fit in?

  5. #560
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    How do those Manhunter issues fit in?
    Tis a JLA story. I love MM, so I wanted to include it, give him a spotlight story. Totally removable. Binds are all about our tastes and preferences.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

  6. #561
    Fantastic Member bobellis75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Tis a JLA story. I love MM, so I wanted to include it, give him a spotlight story. Totally removable. Binds are all about our tastes and preferences.
    Totally. I wasn't sure what the story was in those issues. Also love MM. I'll check em out.

  7. #562
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Arkham, Mass (lol no)
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    I'm gearing up for Grell Green Arrow. Should be 99% all trades it seems and be pretty simple. One non-Grell story getting added is the GA/Tec/Question Annual 3-parter "Fables" story by Denny O.

    Not sure but might maybe perhaps skip some issues and add G.Arrow's "death" and etc. But still weighing that.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-23-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

  8. #563
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm gearing up for Grell Green Arrow. Should be 99% all trades it seems and be pretty simple. One non-Grell story getting added is the GA/Tec/Question Annual 3-parter "Fables" story by Denny O.

    Not sure but might maybe perhaps skip some issues and add G.Arrow's "death" and etc. But still weighing that.
    What about the other GA annuals that Grell did? I know most aren't relevant to the ongoing's story, but the completist in me is annoyed DC hasn't included them.

    Dick Grayson has pics of his beautiful Grell GA binds on his site, if you haven't already checked them out.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

  9. #564
    Fantastic Member bobellis75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm gearing up for Grell Green Arrow. Should be 99% all trades it seems and be pretty simple. One non-Grell story getting added is the GA/Tec/Question Annual 3-parter "Fables" story by Denny O.

    Not sure but might maybe perhaps skip some issues and add G.Arrow's "death" and etc. But still weighing that.
    That's another I'm going to do.....I will use trades for this one as well.

  10. #565
    Fantastic Member bobellis75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    What about the other GA annuals that Grell did? I know most aren't relevant to the ongoing's story, but the completist in me is annoyed DC hasn't included them.

    Dick Grayson has pics of his beautiful Grell GA binds on his site, if you haven't already checked them out.
    I'm not sure that site is still up as he's kind of retired from the binding game....but those were great looking binds.

  11. #566
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    333

  12. #567
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gotham City, Earth 666
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I'm not sure that site is still up as he's kind of retired from the binding game....but those were great looking binds.
    I m actually working on finally binding the floppies I have of this series , I just need to fill the gaps in my collection , and I'll be using Graysons 's map.
    And then there were none...


    Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

  13. #568
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Nice to see all the Grell binding love got to bind the trades at some point. Semi torn on what to bind next choice between Power of Shazam and Hawkworld or Shade the Changing Man and a Garth Ennis/Carols Ezquerra 2 book bind.

  14. #569
    Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Gotham City, Earth 666
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Nice to see all the Grell binding love got to bind the trades at some point. Semi torn on what to bind next choice between Power of Shazam and Hawkworld or Shade the Changing Man and a Garth Ennis/Carols Ezquerra 2 book bind.
    Hahaha you Can't go wrong with any of those!
    And then there were none...


    Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

  15. #570
    I am the law Judge Dredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mega-City One
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Got this map off of Grayson, not sure who came up with it, but wanted to get any thoughts on the map below vs just going 1 - 300 with mini-series mixed in.

    HELLBLAZER:

    --Jamie Delano--
    Book 1 - ORIGINAL SINS [#1-19 + Swamp Thing #76-77]
    Book 2 - THE FAMILY MAN [#20-24, 28-31, 33-40, 84, 250]
    Book 3 - PANDEMONIUM [Annual '89 + Bad Blood #1-4 + The Horrorist #1-2 + Pandemonium + Secret Files #1]

    --Garth Ennis--
    Book 4 - DANGEROUS HABITS [#41-50, 52-61]
    Book 5 - TAINTED LOVE [#62-77 + Special #1 + Vertigo Jam #1]
    Book 6 - RAKE AT THE GATES OF HELL [#78-83, 129-133 + Heartland + Chas #1-5]

    --Paul Jenkins--
    Book 7 - THE NATURE OF THE BEAST [#89-109]
    Book 8 - HUMAN PUNK [#110-128 + Hellblazer-The Books of Magic #1-2]

    --Warren Ellis + fill-ins (so far)--
    Book 9 - SETTING SUN [#25-27, 32, 51, 85-88, 134-145, 250 + Shoot]

    --Brian Azzarello--
    Book 10 - LAPDOGS AND ENGLISHMEN [#146-174, 250 + Secret Files #1]

    --Mike Carey--
    Book 11 - BLACK FLOWERS [#175-196]
    Book 12 - DOWN IN THE GROUND [#197-215, 229 + All His Engines]

    --Denise Mina + other fill-ins--
    Book 13 - SEASON OF THE ZEALOT [#216-228, 245-246 + City of Demons #1-5 + Papa Midnite #1-5]

    --Andy Diggle--
    Book 14 - THE LAUGHING MAGICIAN [#230-244, 247-249 + Lady Constantine #1-4]

    --Peter Milligan--
    Book 15 - BLOODY CARNATIONS [#250-275]
    Book 16 - DEATH AND CIGARRETES [#276-300, Annual '11]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •