Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    That's what I would have given it. VERY good issue
    Im Mary Poppins, yall.---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Astonishing Member

Who also thinks the books won't show how Bruce's three "test tube babies" get out of the Fortress of Solicitude and completely ignores whatever reaction they might have to being literally "put on ice"?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Who also thinks the books won't show how Bruce's three "test tube babies" get out of the Fortress of Solicitude and completely ignores whatever reaction they might have to being literally "put on ice"?
    And before that, being hung like sides of beef in the batcave, wtf?

art was ok. Nice colors by JB. Once again Finch fucks up a scene, Bane punches 2face with his right, and then again with his right. Most fights you hit with one arm, then follow with the other, you dont reload with the same fist. But not a biggy, it just stops the flow. Like why did Finch draw it that way?

Very cool to see all the rogues get stomped, nice comic booky action. I dont get why it took him all day? In between fights, which ended with one hit, King shows lots and lots of time passing. Why?

Kings words: a bunch of gobledee-gook lol

6.5/10

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Great issue. King is killing it. He mixes some innovative depth and classic elements and references (befitting of Rebirth) and fun and suspense. King is single-handedly saving Bane as a great Batman villain and DC villain. And we're gradually starting to get a feel for King's Batman more and more with each issue and arc, which is really cool (and expected).

And Finch and Jordie Bellaire are just doing great, especially with Bane.

King, Snyder, more Snyder/Capullo coming, Dixon's Bane Conquest, Snyder's Batman/Shadow...great times.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-16-2017 at 06:53 AM.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Ya know, I've been having some problems with that, too. Those look like standard hangmans knots, which would result in death once the process is begun; the individual would die of asphyxiation very quickly. It's not a pretty sight, either; if the art work had ACCURATELY depicted the faces of three people hanged by the neck, Gotham Girl would have PTSD forever (along with the readers of the comics). Yeah, it made for a pretty dramatic closing panel for that issue, but I'm hoping it was some dolls or something and not the three real tubie babies. Sure, one doesn't expect graphic literature to be actually THAT graphic, but some explanation would have been nice.

Not much happened here. I mean, it was still a good issue and Bane gets the treatment he desrves, but this arc is really about action and a little bit of story. Still was glad to see how Bane punches everyone who dares to stand between him and Batman. Finch and Bellaire and inkers did a good job.

Bane was amazing in this. A bit OP but I don't mind. I felt so good seeing him take everyone down. Is it bad that in this story I'm rooting for Bane.

Good to see Bruce showing that he cares for his kid and Batman as a caring father being acknowledged.

Seeing all those baddies was something of fan service but in a good way.

Spectacular Member

Reading this just for the art and waiting for the Button storyline.

ugh this is so so close to being dropped

"Im Mary Poppins Yall!" Aioros22's Avatar

This issue would have rocked if Bane just hummed a theme all along the Watchtower.

Incredible Member TheNewFiftyForum's Avatar

I kind of wish Finch had given the halls of Arkham Asylum more of a visual motif, for a story featuring it as a center piece this was a far cry from Sale's work in The Long Halloween, McKean's in A Serious House, or even Janin's version from just a few months back. King did a good job of framing Bane's mission in a very sympathetic light though, and while I'm usually not a fan of the rouges gallery being treated as a collective of punching bags it did make sense from a storytelling perspective this time around. I also thought the Alighieri-narration went on a bit too long and kind of smothered the last few pages, which is surprising considering how great King usually is with structure.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Bane was amazing in this. A bit OP but I don't mind. I felt so good seeing him take everyone down. Is it bad that in this story I'm rooting for Bane.

Good to see Bruce showing that he cares for his kid and Batman as a caring father being acknowledged.

Seeing all those baddies was something of fan service but in a good way.
    I don't think so. I'm rooting for Bane too and he was awesome in this issue.

Only critic is that everyone kinda looks the same. It's distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Still hoping that gets addressed.

Incredible Member TheNewFiftyForum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post

art was ok. Nice colors by JB. Once again Finch fucks up a scene, Bane punches 2face with his right, and then again with his right. Most fights you hit with one arm, then follow with the other, you dont reload with the same fist. But not a biggy, it just stops the flow. Like why did Finch draw it that way?

Very cool to see all the rogues get stomped, nice comic booky action. I dont get why it took him all day? In between fights, which ended with one hit, King shows lots and lots of time passing. Why?

Kings words: a bunch of gobledee-gook lol

6.5/10
    If you look at it again, you'll see that it's actually a right uppercut-left hook combination.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow