Page 28 of 91 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 1359
  1. #406
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    Methinks there were some of your DC counterparts who said the New 52 would "never" be undone as well.
    That's a weird parallel. Different cases completely. Apples to oranges.
    Read my previous posts in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    The truth is, Marvel's comic division is in a creative spiral the likes of which haven't been seen since...well, I was going to say the 90s, but even the worst of the 90s was better than much of what Marvel is doing with its comics today.
    This is the clarion call of all fandom on every subject. "This version is the worst ever." and "This thing is the best of all time."
    It's why you see a song that's charting NOW also get mentioned in a "greatest songs of all time" chart that's released NOW.
    "...even the worst of the 90's was better than much of what Marvel is doing with its comics today."
    I'm sorry. I worked on staff in the 90's. This statement is full on bonkers. I'm not saying you're not in your rights to say how ever you feel about any comic, but before you say that again, go a 90's annual crossover or a 90's What If? based on one of those crossovers. Or any 12 issues of Marvel Comics Presents (including MY stories). :-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    "There are always new stories to tell, and those stories don't require..." "killing characters, or resurrecting characters who were far more relevant when dead."
    Those examples are stories that happen throughout the HISTORY of comics.

  2. #407
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Someplace thats not here
    Posts
    1,562

    Default

    I would like to fully acknowlege that the reason why I, as someone who has enjoyed a whole lot of the post OMD stories, still keeps debating this is really because I cant in the end really loose whether or not OMD is reversed.

    I have nothing against the marrige so if they did bring it back I wouldnt feel like "my Spidey has died" just that I get more stories. I talked with someone about this on here pre board-reboot and he said that those of us that have bought the title since OMD would loose when it was changed back and I just dont see the logic in something like that. I feel like I have won already having had 10 years of various status qou that I have for the most part enjoyed.
    If the marrige came back that in itself is not anything I am against.

  3. #408
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    That's laughable when DC has been eating Marvel's lunch on the charts overall for more than half a year, and Marvel can only compete by flooding the market with overships.
    You're talking about 3 months of sales in ONE year versus about a solid decade of 11 out of 12 months of every year.
    And you're falling back on a gossip site's "article" and "insights" over the overships.
    It's leading you to some very faulty conclusions.
    Outside of shipping weight, no retailer is paying for any overshipped copies. They're free comics. Some retailers give them away to regular customers as incentives. No overshipped comic counts towards dollar amounts in the charts.
    DC's Rebirth has reinvigorated its line. And they're doing remarkably well in the Top 10. All the power to them. I'm not arguing that. That's a fact. It'd be nice if you could stick to facts as well.

  4. #409
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    The top 10 has been dominated by DC comics for months. Anything not Star Wars or Spider-Man hasn't been ranking too high for Marvel.
    Same argument, anything not Batman or Justice League, you're looking at close to business as usual.
    But thanks for pointing out how well the Spider-Titles have been consistently doing. ;-)

  5. #410
    Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Is every superhero destined to remain single as long as he is a superhero I wonder. We currently only have one single major marvel hero who is married Deadpool who may get his marriage annulled or get a divorce during his latest crossover comic event. That shows a common trend to all heroes who inevitably separate from spouses. I wonder if reed returns it will be sans sue who may have vanished and he will keep searching for her but ultimately will admit he has lost her forever to whatever plot device.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-20-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    The Self is the only existing reality

  6. #411
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Everyone has acknowleged that small changes happened, but the stories themselves still happened.
    Bor, ask yourself how could "every story have still happened" when the very nature of OMD / OMIT made certain stories happen significantly differently? This is a paradox.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    And I am certaintly not the one doing any quibble here I am just not ignoring actual comic history because I am stil mad about a story thats almost 10 years old.
    Saying that OMD and everything DC has done over the years is such a silly statement and anyone trying to look at this even a little objectively would see that.
    Btw you never answered my question: Did you just not know that some of the things you tried to point to, like the identity reveal still happening, was already addressed or where you just trying to make it seem like there were bigger plotholes then there actually are?
    Yeah, I read OMIT.

    But if the Illuminati made everyone in the world of the Marvel U forget the identity reveal happened, how is that really different than a reset like Crisis On Infinite Earths?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    This really reminds of the whole thing the last couple of years where people kept saying that Harrys return was never addressed when it quite clearly was years ago in a pretty good story.
    And you'll notice I didn't mention that aspect, knowing it was explained away in the Molten Man arc of BND.

  7. #412
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Backwoods of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Is every superhero destined to remain single as long as he is a superhero I wonder. We currently only have one single major marvel hero who is married Deadpool who may get his marriage annulled or get a divorce during his latest crossover comic event. That shows a unhealthy trend. I wonder if reed returns it will be sans sue who may have vanished and he will keep searching for her but ultimately will admit he has lost her forever to whatever plot device.
    Deadpool is a parody character, so he's not to be taken seriously. He might throw away his marriage to Mephisto to defeat Mephisto just for kicks. As for Reed and Sue, they may somehow come back all de-aged as teenagers and have a massive re-wedding a little later with Franklin recreating himself with his infinite God powers (because he can solve any problem by making an entire freakin' universe with a mere freakin' thought.) As far as relationships go at Marvel, I would count on "on and off" in the big scheme of things, where they are sometimes married, sometimes not. I think like someone said earlier, OMD was merely the latest in a series of wierd relationship breakups that happened before. To borrow a quote from the movie Daredevil, "The fight is neverending" I feel that's as much true for good vs. evil as it is for relationships too in Marvel Comics.

  8. #413
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Same argument, anything not Batman or Justice League, you're looking at close to business as usual.
    But thanks for pointing out how well the Spider-Titles have been consistently doing. ;-)
    If you think characters like Flash, Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman outselling Marvel's supposed heavy-hitters like Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Wolverine for months is "business as usual", I don't know what to tell you.

  9. #414
    Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Deadpool is a parody character, so he's not to be taken seriously. He might throw away his marriage to Mephisto to defeat Mephisto just for kicks. As for Reed and Sue, they may somehow come back all de-aged as teenagers and have a massive re-wedding a little later with Franklin recreating himself with his infinite God powers (because he can solve any problem by making an entire freakin' universe with a mere freakin' thought.) As far as relationships go at Marvel, I would count on "on and off" in the big scheme of things, where they are sometimes married, sometimes not. I think like someone said earlier, OMD was merely the latest in a series of wierd relationship breakups that happened before. To borrow a quote from the movie Daredevil, "The fight is neverending" I feel that's as much true for good vs. evil as it is for relationships too in Marvel Comics.
    yes there is a element of parody involved with deadpools marriage especially when you consider she is a succubus he married to keep her from Dracula. That was a interesting love triangle between it could be argued three monsters depending on how you view deadpool. Anyway you are may be right that the relationships of MU may be going through a rough patch but may recover in the next cycle but from what Dans telling a certain spider will never set foot again inside a church to step before the altar to say I do again. Casual relationships are going to be his destiny for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-20-2017 at 03:16 PM.
    The Self is the only existing reality

  10. #415
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    If you think characters like Flash, Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman outselling Marvel's supposed heavy-hitters like Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Wolverine for months is "business as usual", I don't know what to tell you.
    Jimmy and Amanda's Harley Quinn book has always been a wonderfull seller for DC for sometime.
    After over a decade of not charting well against Marvel titles, I think it's great that a number of DC characters with their own high-rated network TV shows and big budget movies coming up are putting up a fight on the charts.
    I'll say it again and again, DC's Rebirth did gangbusters for them-- and it's really helped boost some of their most iconic properties. Good for them!

  11. #416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I would add that you had Spider-Man in video games, movies, etc. with the onset of the 21st century too. I am the only one in the family who seems to bother with comic books at all, everyone else gets their kicks with the superhero movies.
    That's another factor. In terms of profits generated, the comics are essentially a Research & Development lab for the things that generate hundreds of millions of dollars.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  12. #417
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Backwoods of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    yes there is a element of parody involved with deadpools marriage especially when you consider she is a succubus he married to keep her from Dracula. That was a interesting love triangle between it could be argued three monsters depending on how you view deadpool. Anyway you are may be right that the relationships of MU may be going through a rough patch but may recover in the next cycle but from what Dans telling a certain spider will never set foot again inside a church to step before the altar to say I do again. Casual relationships are going to be his destiny for the foreseeable future.
    And even better, Deadpool's deal with the devil brings back Wolverine such that his death never happened

  13. #418
    Astonishing Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    lol he may do so after all he considers spider man his hero and wants to emulate him in their shared book.
    The Self is the only existing reality

  14. #419
    Amazing Member farmernudie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Agreed--and hey man, welcome back.

    Thanks!! It's been longer than i realized. Not sure how many years. Just realized everything is SO new around here, passwords and resets and names etc.

    But good to be back. Came to check out the ol' boards on a lark and decided to read some of the current forum topics. I've been into a lot of Epic Collections and collecting older stuff the past years. Still read some current Spidey too, which has always been my fav, although it's not any longer for various reasons. Kinda weird to think about it as i've gotten older lol.

  15. #420
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...
    Posts
    847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    And even better, Deadpool's deal with the devil brings back Wolverine such that his death never happened
    Yes sir!!! And Deadpool pokes fun of wolverine for the death that never happened!!!!
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

    BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •