Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

I'm sure Aunt May is glad to be alive.

And if she knew the price that Peter paid for her, she would be devastated

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I'm sure Aunt May is glad to be alive.
    Marvel should have left her character dead after Amazing # 400...it was the perfect send off and was just a great issue with great storytelling and emotion.
    It will be pretty hard for Marvel too match that again when it comes time for her character to really die, and they should have done it with OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    And if she knew the price that Peter paid for her, she would be devastated
    I'm sure Aunt May would have done the same for Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Stan The Man and Joey Q holding a special Cup'O'Joe for charity on April 14th

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cup-o-j...ts-32639126506

Given the two have differing philosophies on the marriage, and depending on the right question being asked, this could be of interest.
    I also find it curious that this comes on the heel of Homecoming, the big MJ marketing push, references to OMD in the comics and with variant covers,the announcement of Spectacular, a return to basics approach and the Make Mine Marvel initiative. Too many coincidences...and I don't believe in coincidence. Has Stan Lee been brought back in to fix the current state of Marvel as an advisor much like DC did with Geoff Johns?

No...Aunt May would not have made a deal with the devil just to serve her own personal wants and desires no matter what it was. Honestly speaking...neither would have Peter if it hadn't been editorially mandated by Quesada.
    Making a deal with evil goes against everything Peter and his Aunt stand for, the whole story of OMD stinks from top to bottom and the only reason people defend and try to make up illogical excuses for it is because they hate MJ and don't want her back in the book
    Much like the whole Peter should have never been with MJ because she was a super model crap...but now that Peters a Billionaire I guess these Anti-MJ shippers would still try to say MJ is too good for him. Such nonsense!.
    If Uncle Ben was alive and knew Peter had done this he would not have thought that Peter had made the right choice in doing it...even if it was to save his Aunt's life he would be very disappointed in him.

There is a world of difference between

a) being a man in your late 30s with a wife of contemporary age whom you are considering putting in a state of pain and torment along with yourself to avoid feeling guilty about your 80 year old mother who's lived a long and full life and has told you to let her die after a life spent striving and sacrificing everything so you, her son, could be happy

and

b) Being an 80 year old woman who's son is dying and has their whole life ahead of him. Maybe Aunt May would sell out MJ for that.

But that's an inherently different experience. Most parents would do anything for their kids, including kill (see Renew Your Vows). So if aunt may has to sacrifice herself and MJ for her SON of course she'd do it but it doesn't cut both ways.