Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's not so much that it's certain to cut right through her flesh and bone. It's been shown on many occasions to go through metal without much trouble. Considering that X-23 is going to need her claws and close quarters to pull out a win, any situation where a Xemomorph's blood can take the plating off of her claws seems like a Xenomorph win unless X-23 lands something that will finish it before that.

There are about a zillion ways that a little girl with with only a set of adamantium plated claws goes down for the count.

- Xenomorph tail to the chest? X-23 is probably done.
    - Xenomorph tail manages to land a serious cut to the throat? X-23 is probably done.
    - Xenomorph manages to tear one of her arms clean off? X-23 is probably done.

It seems like an X-23 win hinges on the plating not melting, and her having a really good day.
    Why are we assuming the acid can take the plating off?

Why are we also assuming any of the damage you listed really slows her down, considering a few of those are things she shrugged off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Announcer: "The Inbetweener just chumped Death itself! All hope is lost! Wait.. what's that sound? Bah gawd, it's Galactus' theme music!"

Galactus: "Inbetweener! Whatcha gonna do when Galactamania runs wild on you brother!"

*suplexes the Inbetweener into a moon*

Veteran Member

It's not so much that it's certain to cut right through her flesh and bone. It's been shown on many occasions to go through metal without much trouble. Considering that X-23 is going to need her claws and close quarters to pull out a win, any situation where a Xemomorph's blood can take the plating off of her claws seems like a Xenomorph win unless X-23 lands something that will finish it before that.

There are about a zillion ways that a little girl with with only a set of adamantium plated claws goes down for the count.

- Xenomorph tail to the chest? X-23 is probably done.
    - Xenomorph tail manages to land a serious cut to the throat? X-23 is probably done.
    - Xenomorph manages to tear one of her arms clean off? X-23 is probably done.

It seems like an X-23 win hinges on the plating not melting, and her having a really good day.
    Implaling does NOTHING to stop Laura considering she was impaled in Logan and she carried on and even pulled out the harpoon herself. Her healing factor is apparently quite fast.

Donald Pierce even told the guys shooting to not stop shooting because she'll heal (we're talking about dozens of guys firing shots at her).

Honestly, Laura will take some acid damage but the Xenomorph will be long dead before it'll be act any further after she takes said damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Implaling does NOTHING to stop Laura considering she was impaled in Logan and she carried on and even pulled out the harpoon herself. Her healing factor is apparently quite fast.

Donald Pierce even told the guys shooting to not stop shooting because she'll heal (we're talking about dozens of guys firing shots at her).

Honestly, Laura will take some acid damage but the Xenomorph will be long dead before it'll be act any further after she takes said damage.
    "Impaled" by folks who had zero intention of killing her. That's absolutely not going to be how a Xenomporh is playing it. There's also not comparing that "Harpoon" to a Xenomorph's tail. It's two different leagues.

As for Pierce, a Xenomorph won't have anything like stopping on what passes for it's mind.

The other thing about this whole "X-23 Will Lay Waste" assertion is that The Reavers have somehow managed to live through being tasked with dealing with X-23. While she is dangerous, it's not like we are talking about something that didn't have to be turned into a killer. I don't even think a Xenomorph can conceive of not just wiping out whatever is in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Why are we assuming the acid can take the plating off?

Why are we also assuming any of the damage you listed really slows her down, considering a few of those are things she shrugged off?
    This is where there could be a catch. I am basing a good bit of what I believe on Xenomorph blood being able to wear down Zealot's blades when they were forged in space for killing anything in creation.

I tend to doubt that adamantium is on par with them.

This is where there could be a catch. I am basing a good bit of what I believe on Xenomorph blood being able to wear down Zealot's blades when they were forged in space for killing anything in creation.

I tend to doubt that adamantium is on par with them.
    Since it's movie version for the Xenomorph, it's not really a catch. Unless the comics are considered movie canon, which I doubt.

Also, Godkiller a weapon in Marvel that, you guessed it, was made to kill all gods, broke on Thanos. Unless the blades have the feats, the statement doesn't mean much.

EDIT : also, kill everything in creation doesn't mean they're indestructible, per se
    Announcer: "The Inbetweener just chumped Death itself! All hope is lost! Wait.. what's that sound? Bah gawd, it's Galactus' theme music!"

Galactus: "Inbetweener! Whatcha gonna do when Galactamania runs wild on you brother!"

Also worth noting that if we are talking specifically about "Movie" Laura, the nature of the adamantium is relatively untested. I don't think we can say with certainty that her plating is absolutely equal to Logan's.

Also worth noting that if we are talking specifically about "Movie" Laura, the nature of the adamantium is relatively untested. I don't think we can say with certainty that her plating is absolutely equal to Logan's.
    No reason to really assume otherwise, since adamantium has only shown up a few times, and the only time there was ever an issue, was when a superheated adamantium blade chopped off Logan's claws.

No reason to really assume otherwise, since adamantium has only shown up a few times, and the only time there was ever an issue, was when a superheated adamantium blade chopped off Logan's claws.
    Since it wasn't someone who was actually a part of the program that created Logan, I can't really see just buying into it automatically being an equal.

Like you said above, looking at it in terms of "Feats" in the film is probably about where I'd max it out.

Veteran Member

Except for queens, xenos don't have impressive soaks. Their armor isn't much tougher than an equivalent size insect, and roughly the same amount of injury that would kill a large animal will kill them. Even if their blood can dissolve her adamantium, she's going to mortally wound it in the process. And as has been mentioned, organics aren't as severely affected as metal. So she's going to get in at least four devastating chops before her claws are reduced to bone. I don't see any non-queen surviving those four hits. Even if it does somehow survives that, it will be badly wounded and facing a regenerater with bone daggers on her hands and feet.

In fact I believe that unless given reason to believe otherwise fictional metals are considered to be generally identical to other objects of the same metal. Ex: Antarctic Vibranium/Secondary Adamantium as opposed by 2 guys fighting with average Vibranium weaponry.

That doesn't mean that the individual thing made of the metal might have a flaw or some defect of some sort, just that we don't assume there is one unless there's a reason.
    Last edited by Dalak; 03-16-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Well, adamantium isn't just copper. It seems like an alloy(unless I'm recalling that wrong) that could be less than perfect. We also didn't see it go up against any of the older stuff.

Since it wasn't someone who was actually a part of the program that created Logan, I can't really see just buying into it automatically being an equal.

Like you said above, looking at it in terms of "Feats" in the film is probably about where I'd max it out.
    Not how it works.

Logan has a nice track record with adamantium. In the series it's been shown that adamantium can be infused into other folks or turned into weapons, etc.

In trucks Laura, she's got adamantium. Unless something happens that disproves that it's the same thing as Logan's, we treat them as such. Now if it's said to be a different kind of adamantium, sure, feats play.

Not how it works.

Logan has a nice track record with adamantium. In the series it's been shown that adamantium can be infused into other folks or turned into weapons, etc.

In trucks Laura, she's got adamantium. Unless something happens that disproves that it's the same thing as Logan's, we treat them as such. Now if it's said to be a different kind of adamantium, sure, feats play.
    Which happens when we know it was not actually Weapon X that bonded it's adamantium to X-23's claws, no? While I see what you're getting at, it seems like the film disproves that it's the exact same thing as Logan's or Deathstrikes.

Which happens when we know it was not actually Weapon X that bonded it's adamantium to X-23's claws, no? While I see what you're getting at, it seems like the film disproves that it's the exact same thing as Logan's or Deathstrikes.
    That's not how it works, you have to prove a difference to say the metals are different rather than us having to prove that the metals are precisely the same. Vibranium is Vibranium unless it's the Antarctic Variety after all, and Adamantium is Adamantium unless it's shown that it can be damaged or said to be Secondary Adamantium. Since that concept hasn't been brought up in the Movies I personally assume anyone with the recipe for Adamantium (Not Common) isn't going to make an inferior batch without a reason to. Even less chance if they are designing something to face Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Even less chance if they are designing something to face Logan.
    Sidebar - That actually seem like what they were up to? Seemed to me like they assumed he might be dead.