Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #25

The first ten dollar issue of Amazing Spider-Man has come out.

The contents were as follows...
    • The Osborn Identity Part 1 (40 Pages)
    • A Christos Gage/ Todd Nauck Clash story (8 Pages)
    • A Tsum Tsum team-up (6 Pages)
    • James Asmus/ Tana Ford doing a Parker Industries-centric back-up (5 Pages)
    • Hannah Blumenrich showing a teenage Spidey helping out a dog (8 Pages)
    • Amazing Spider-Aunt cartoons (2 Pages)
    • Dan Slott & Giuseppi Camuncoli showing what Otto's been up to (10 Pages)

What did you guys think?

The main story gave some hope to Spidey/Mockingbird shippers, and used the extra length well, with some action set pieces in the beginning, and an exploration of the supporting cast later.

The dog story was very cute.

The new Doc Ock has some interesting possibilities. Given that octopuses have a reputation for having eight legs and scaling walls, keeping the Octopus motif with powers based on Spider-Man does make sense.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

the "invisible" woman is Silver Sable?
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

Commander Rogers: "Carol, I don't know where NATASHA and JESSICA disappeared to. I don't. We found their R.F.I.D. implants in El Paso..They'd been removed..and then they both just disappeared. Which, I shouldn't have to remind you, they are both trained to do. If they don't want to be found, and they're careful, they're not going to be found."

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

And silver sable is back I'm hoping they give a good explaination on how she survived probably swam to safety I'm assuming and preferred to lay low.

On the upside we now know not just from this issue but from the solitications that silver sable isn't working with Osborn so that's a relief and in fact she'll be working with spider-man to take down Osborn.

And it's always great to see Peter and Bobbi together it's one of the great things about the Dan slott all new all different marvel run of amazing spider-man I also hope we continue to see more interactions between them in coming issues.

Also I'd like to see more if Betty Brant she's probably the most underused character in spider-man especially in recent years even for a supporting character.

And I believe the octavius and hydra story is hinting at octavius having a role in secret empire.

My only gripe is the cringe worthy "my octopus sense is tingling". But of course this plays into how "inferior" doc ock. He wants to proves he's better than Peter and yet he's still biting off all of Peter's style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    And silver sable is back .
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

Commander Rogers: "Carol, I don't know where NATASHA and JESSICA disappeared to. I don't. We found their R.F.I.D. implants in El Paso..They'd been removed..and then they both just disappeared. Which, I shouldn't have to remind you, they are both trained to do. If they don't want to be found, and they're careful, they're not going to be found."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    My only gripe is the cringe worthy "my octopus sense is tingling". But of course this plays into how "inferior" doc ock. He wants to proves he's better than Peter and yet he's still biting off all of Peter's style.
    And he has the nerve to call Peter a parasite when Parker Industries wouldn't have existed in the first place without Otto stealing Peter's body and exploiting all the trust and good faith people in Peter's life placed in him. Then again, Otto's major character flaw is that he's a big-time hypocrite, so this isn't exactly unexpected.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The first ten dollar issue of Amazing Spider-Man has come out.

The contents were as follows...
    • The Osborn Identity Part 1 (40 Pages)
    • A Christos Gage/ Todd Nauck Clash story (8 Pages)
    • A Tsum Tsum team-up (6 Pages)
    • James Asmus/ Tana Ford doing a Parker Industries-centric back-up (5 Pages)
    • Hannah Blumenrich showing a teenage Spidey helping out a dog (8 Pages)
    • Amazing Spider-Aunt cartoons (2 Pages)
    • Dan Slott & Giuseppi Camuncoli showing what Otto's been up to (10 Pages)

What did you guys think?

The main story gave some hope to Spidey/Mockingbird shippers, and used the extra length well, with some action set pieces in the beginning, and an exploration of the supporting cast later.

The dog story was very cute.

The new Doc Ock has some interesting possibilities. Given that octopuses have a reputation for having eight legs and scaling walls, keeping the Octopus motif with powers based on Spider-Man does make sense.
    Well, this was quite an issue.

The main story was tremendous and solidifies the assumption of many fans that Immonen's run and the Osborn Identity arc is going to be hot stuff indeed. This introductory chapter was a weighty story and felt gigantic on its own even without the added heft of the back-up material. Immonen is really ideal for the espionage-y feeling of this story. I love the potential Spidey/Mockingbird match-up and it was great to see some of the ol' supporting cast. I'm especially intrigued by the possibility that Ned Leeds is alive. Even though Peter suspects a clone, I think the truth will be revealed to be something else entirely. And that last page...wow! Silver Sable never looked better.

Loved the Clash story by Gage and Nauck. Clash is a character I'd love to see more of and I heartily approve of his treatment in this short.

The Tsum Tsum team-up was cute enough but pretty disposable. The fact that the villain was the White Rabbit made it worthwhile for me. WR is one of my favorite C-list villains (or D-list) so it's always a treat to see her pop up.

The James Asmus/Tana Ford story was slight but interesting in that it lays further groundwork for the dismantling of Parker Industries. Mind you, the idea that PI will soon be no more could just be a fake-out. After all, it looked done once before. But this story definitely builds on the idea that the end of PI is inevitable.

The dog story was cute - as was the Amazing Aunt-May strip. Like the Tsum-Tsum team-up, though, they were worth a grin and that's about it.

The concluding story, with Ock's new status quo, was frankly awesome - every bit as exciting and tantalizing as the main story. Ock's new look is absolutely bad-ass and I love that both him and Zola want to take down PI (wonder why PI is in Zola's sights). Glad to see that Ock's new face is not a dead ringer for Pete. That would've started things down the same SSM road again and I think a new path is in order.

All in all, this was quite a volume. Some big, heavy duty developments alongside some lighter fare.

Can't wait for The Osborn Identity to unfold and then for Secret Empire to hit (which I hope Camuncoli will be back for).

Pete's life is going to be pretty crazy for the immediate future, that's for sure!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I almost laughed when I heard that...!!

....Then I realized that it made a bit of twisted sense for Otto to be wielding the Spider-powers in a similar style like his codename; since Octopi do have suckers that stick/cling to anything it touches.

Plus, it's amazing to find Arnim Zola to appear within this issue; so it appears that one way or another, either Peter or Otto (or both) will be involved within the upcoming SECRET EMPIRE Event.

PS.......also can't wait to learn how Silver Sable survived after all of this time......

Now THIS is what I want from the amazing spiderman. Great issue and a good start to this new arc.

Spidey/Mockingbird shippers are being teased so hard right now. The writers:
    aid2581587-728px-Get-Your-Best-Friend-to-Stop-Teasing-You-Step-6-Version-4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Wait what? That was Silver Sable? Shes alive? Oh yeah! Party time!

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Spidey/Mockingbird shippers are being teased so hard right now. The writers:
    aid2581587-728px-Get-Your-Best-Friend-to-Stop-Teasing-You-Step-6-Version-4.jpg
    Would there even really be that many shipping them to begin with? Does it already have a shipping name ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would there even really be that many shipping them to begin with? Does it already have a shipping name ?
    Spiderbird? Mockingspider? Mockingman?

Glad I got this book at a hefty discount, because if I hadn't I'd be feeling pretty cheated by the 'extra content'. The main story was bloated, and the backups were for the most part inconsequential. Marvel need to cut it out with these pointless $9.99 issues. They should just put this stuff in a #.1 or an Annual.
    Currently enjoying:
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows ~ Daredevil ~ Old Man Logan ~ Zombies Assemble

Currently anticipating:
    Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan ~ Incredible Hulk

Oh and I forgot to mention the interesting possibility that Doc Ock could take back parker industries from peter (hostile takeover). This would return spiderman to being an everyday man. I wonder how fans would react. I know theres a lot of fans complaining about Peter being rich now.

I'm excited for this. I loved the superior spiderman run (even if I disliked the idea of peter being replaced on principle). So its the superior octopus being a "new" villian for peter parker and spiderman sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 03-15-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Oh and I forgot to mention the interesting possibility that Doc Ock could take back parker industries from peter (hostile takeover). This would return spiderman to being an everyday man. I wonder how fans would react. I know theres a lot of fans complaining about Peter being rich now.
    It most likely will happen during secret empire or in amazing spider man since I believe it confirmed that the title will be tying into the event probably for two issues at most it would be interesting if this plot does take place if it happens in the main series of secret empire as well or is acknowledged spencer tends to be consistent with his acknowledgment of canon.