Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    The Otto backup was the real star of the issue; a fantastic next step for the character and better than the expected Superior Spider-Man II that I expected to come out of the CC story. Great costume design and story. I wouldn't be shocked if this eventually led into a Dan Slott-penned Superior Octopus title after Dan eventually leaves ASM.

I would be just for the simple fact that no matter how much one might like "Superior Ock/Spider-man" or how much it sells it's a direction that is and should have a limited shelf life.

I mean yes the concept could be mined for years & sell really well but then again Bendis could've done the same thing with Norman Osborn & the Dark Avengers book/concept if he really wanted to but outside of one more arc in New Avengers he knew when to end it despite it's success & I suspect Dan will eventually do the same and put the Superior concept to rest eventually.

i would rather Slott do a Superior Ock title and leave Amazing. that way he can finally write the character he truly, for whatever reason, loves.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

The main story, Clash and Ock story were all good. They really shouldn't have added all the filler in there. I'd rather 1 less bad quality story and instead a few awesome looking posters, maybe that's just me.

Anyway possible Spidey love-triangle coming up that's not something we had recently, I think that's good as long as it's handled right. (Bobbi and Spidey are adorable, though I was hoping for Sable returning for some time so )

I do have 1 major problem though in an otherwise good written story.
    Why was Sable pointing her sniper rifle at Harry, and thinking it's Osborn. Sure they have the same hairstyle, but surely Sable being the professional mercenary she is, she would have gathered proper intel before
    doing an assasination. Surely Harry's face is different than Normans she would never make a mistake like that. Curious how they'll explain that.

As for Sable surviving Rhino had a moment of regret and let her go, she used her stealth tech to sneak out is my theory.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

The Superior Octopus SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I would be just for the simple fact that no matter how much one might like "Superior Ock/Spider-man" or how much it sells it's a direction that is and should have a limited shelf life.

I mean yes the concept could be mined for years & sell really well but then again Bendis could've done the same thing with Norman Osborn & the Dark Avengers book/concept if he really wanted to but outside of one more arc in New Avengers he knew when to end it despite it's success & I suspect Dan will eventually do the same and put the Superior concept to rest eventually.

I hope Marvel does give Superior Octopus a shot. Most of the Marvel new launches of the past few years haven't gone past 12-24 issues, whether by lack of readership or design concept so there isn't much to lose if it didn't sell. Slott would bring name recognition and the fans of Superior Spider-man would follow (hopefully). Or if Slott didn't leave the main title, someone like Christos Gage who did well with writing Otto also, could pen the book. Get Camuncoli on the art and I'm sold!

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I hope Marvel does give Superior Octopus a shot. Most of the Marvel new launches of the past few years haven't gone past 12-24 issues, whether by lack of readership or design concept so there isn't much to lose if it didn't sell. Slott would bring name recognition and the fans of Superior Spider-man would follow (hopefully). Or if Slott didn't leave the main title, someone like Christos Gage who did well with writing Otto also, could pen the book. Get Camuncoli on the art and I'm sold!
    I would be astounded if this title DIDN'T happen but not sure if it would have the legs (tentacles?) to go beyond 20 issues. Still, that seems to be SOP these days for new Marvel books.
    I miss Kevin Nichols. Not as much as bacon, but still...

I would be astounded if this title DIDN'T happen but not sure if it would have the legs (tentacles?) to go beyond 20 issues. Still, that seems to be SOP these days for new Marvel books.
    When Superior was happening, I was one who thought maybe Slott would try to make Otto more of an anti-villain and maybe try to spin him off into his own book.

But I don't think think that's the case anymore.

It seems to me that Ock has been built back up solely to be a threatening villain to Spidey.

-Pav, who could be wrong...
    2017 Marvel Monthly Buys: America Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider Iron Fist Power Man & Iron Fist Silver Surfer Spider-Gwen

Well, is Marvel making series that, by design, have a finite run or is that just accidental? In other words, are the series running short because Marvel is basically making extended miniseries or because readers aren't getting hooked on the new series?

it could be blamed on linewise crossovers necessitating a relaunch or launch of new series depending on who was the focus of the series or sometimes who marvel is going to push to the fore. example captain marvel and riri after CW2 or kid kaiju series coming out from monsters unleashed.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Spectacular Member

Don't know if it's been said but how does Bobbi know that Peter is Spiderman and how many know his identity now

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Don't know if it's been said but how does Bobbi know that Peter is Spiderman and how many know his identity now
    http://www.cbr.com/comic-book-questi...cret-identity/
    The Self is the only existing reality

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, is Marvel making series that, by design, have a finite run or is that just accidental? In other words, are the series running short because Marvel is basically making extended miniseries or because readers aren't getting hooked on the new series?
    A combo of both but I think it is mostly the latter.
    I miss Kevin Nichols. Not as much as bacon, but still...

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Just throwing my 2 cents in that I would REALLY like to see a Superior Octopus solo series and I would hope it runs for a long time. Regardless, I hope Ock stays in this form for a long time. I think Marvel had a rare hit w/ Superior SM and then they had to undo it to return the status quo (still waiting on that to happen w/ Thor, Cap, Wolverine, and the O5, btw....... any time now, Marvel!) So, I think this is a rather brilliant way to give Superior fans what they want AND give traditional Spidey fans what they want. In other words, just like my avatar is getting at .... try to make everyone happy!!

How to not make everyone happy: Give some people what they want at the expense of taking what other people want and/or give people what they never, ever asked for (Scarlet Spider as a bad guy?!?!?! C'MON!!!!)
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Spectacular Member

I still don't get how you can start a new scarlet spider series, with Ben in a flawed clone body that is all jacked from the decomposing before he was able to get to a webware device to stop the break down. They could of at least had him swap into another protobody or something so he isn't another degenerating clone.

Quote Originally Posted by rckstr1253 View Post
    I still don't get how you can start a new scarlet spider series, with Ben in a flawed clone body that is all jacked from the decomposing before he was able to get to a webware device to stop the break down. They could of at least had him swap into another protobody or something so he isn't another degenerating clone.
    I'm guessing this will probably be addressed in the first issue.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    They were Avengers together in Dark Reign and he outed himself to that version of the team. He was the only one who maintained a secret identity. Of course he can be justified about not revealing his identity to the current team, as Thor's identity is also secret, and the same is true of the three kids who left to form the Champions.