Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Marvel Age was kinda neat but I liked Wizard Magazine which was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Ostrander's Heroes for Hire
    Darn, that was going to be my answer.
    I guess i'll go with West Coast Avengers, then. Though the original Champions is also a strong contender.
    Others that I really enjoyed are the original New Warriors, What If (when it was still "presented" by the Watcher), Alan Davis' ClanDestine, Alpha Flight, X-Men, the Hidden Years, Deathlok (Michael Collins version), etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    it appeared twenty years ago and only lasted 7 issues, but i really dug marvel universe and thought it had a world of potential. it was basically designed to showcase stories prior to fantastic four #1 hitting the stands; the first arc featured the invaders, the second arc paid tribute to marvel's monster hunter era.
    I really LOVEd that series. So much potential, just to be wasted.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 03-16-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Alpha Flight I'm surprised it was still going on during the 1990s but I never saw it in the usual drug store and grocery store I went to. I guess the only way I'd have to see Alpha Flight was if I had to go to a comic book shop.

Was the last 80 issues of Alpha Flight selling well or did Alpha flight at the time just not popular anymore due to Cable, x force, x factor, uncanny x Men, wolverine and the usual Spider Man stuff?

Conan barbarian I knew it was still going on but it got pushed aside too I think.

Marvel Two in One, issue 50 and 51 (I think), maybe 52, I'm getting old, lol. Anyway I think 50 had Thing traveling back in time to team-up/fight with his younger clay lookin' self and the other had Nick Fury and some of the Avengers in a battle royal with Yellow Claw taking on a Shield Helicarrier. It was glorious.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Is Slingers old?
    Am I old?

Its cancellation, along with Byrne's terrible run on ASM, led to a long vacation from comics that only ended when Ricochet came back in Runaways.

Is Runaways old?

-Pav, who also misses Bishop: the Last X-Man...
    2016 Marvel Monthly Buys: Power Man & Iron Fist Silver Surfer Spider-Gwen the Vision Weirdworld

Marvel Team-Up. Maybe Miles this time, teaming up with some of the most random heroes for one-shot stories.

I could go for a new Handbook, and a new, updated run of Marvel Saga.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Marvel Team Up
    Doc Savage
    Cap first vol, ooh the Superette in Eastham, Ma on the Cape. Issue 131

Oh to be on Sugar Mountain .....

Quasar, Squadron Supreme, Captain America... Basically all of Gruenwald's old stuff.
    Avengers West Coast, Avengers under Stern, Harras, Busiek.
    30th Century Guardians of the Galaxy, New Warriors, Excalibur, Claremont's original Uncanny X-Men run.
    More Recent(ish), Slott's Avengers: Initiative and She-Hulk, DnA's cosmic books.

the original official handbook to the Marvel Universe - there had never been anything like that before. I loved how they broke down how each character's powers & their gadgets worked.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

The Ultimiate Marvel Universe, especially pre-Ultimatum.
    Please bring back any Wolverine.

Veteran Member

The old team up books with Spider-Man or Thing and the guest-star of the month. It was a great way to get to see characters that didn't get much play, or have a book or team of their own.

Byrne's run on Alpha Flight. I haven't cared as much for the various attempts to relaunch it, either with the originals or new people.

X-Men 2099, my favorite of the 'X-books,' along with PAD's X-Factor.

Not quite as 'old' but I miss the Avengers Academy, Young Avengers, Runaways and the New X-Men (Hellion, Surge, Dust, etc.).

Marvel before 1994.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Wolfman and Colan's Tomb of Dracula. Easily one of THE best horror comics Marvel ever put out. While I'm at it:

Werewolf By Night
    Deathlok the Demolisher
    Defenders (original version)
    Champions (original version)
    Marvel Team-Up
    Power Man & Iron Fist (original version)
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!
    Marvel pull list: Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Elektra, Punisher, Silver Surfer
    DC pull list: Aquaman, Flash, Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps, Titans, Trinity

New Mutants and Excalibur.

I posted a thread not to long ago about how I want Marvel Comics Presents back. To me, that's a great way to tell stories that aren't going to sustain their own book in a shorter format (if you like two stories in the book, it's probably worth it). Maybe give artists who work a little faster a chance to do more than a book a month if they want to or let new talent take a shot as well. It's just a good way to sample different characters you might not buy as an ongoing.

In fact, many of the suggestions here might fit in well for that book (I know, for example, that Excalibur has had stories in that book as well, certainly the original Weapon X Wolverine story was in there).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?