Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider Girl. Anyone remember the comic?

The 1998 Marvel Universe 2 alternate universe Spider Girl. Anyone enjoy the comic for what it was at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    The 1998 Marvel Universe 2 alternate universe Spider Girl. Anyone enjoy the comic for what it was at the time?
    I do I miss it her character sadly hasn't had much to do since it ended back in 2010 I think it was? Anyways she's only like appeared in spider verse and the shortly lived web warriors since then... I found out about its existence through marvel unlimited it was a really interesting alternate universe take on the character its sadly unlikely to ever return though at least we got a nice send off though.

Yeah. I really enjoyed the whole series. I actually read it all long after and still pick up the books every so often presently. It still holds up well for what it is. It's fun and interesting and delves deep into some parts of Spider-Man's mythos.

I liked how DeFalco handled the Green Goblin storylines and even though Norman was dead, his plans and plots still were in motion to ruin the Parker family.

To this day, Spider-Girl is known as the longest runing Marvel Solo Heroine Comicbook. It ran for years and it still entices people today. Sure it has some old stuff like some dated pop culture references, but the material within the story and characters makes it enjoyable even to this day at points.

I own all of the series and they still use her for the spider girl costume. Oddly Spider gwen, while doing well, I don't know if she'll ever move up to where Mayday was. Also I think the only other series that may hit her numbers is Ms. Marvel, and maybe Moon Girl and Devil dinosaur.

I really miss Tom's writing and Ron's lines. I'd love to see a updated version of the story. Heck, I'd love for her to show up in Renew your vows, and I miss Ben Parker as well (her brother) April was a fun play on the Clone saga, and Venom.

Maybe one day we'll see her again.

DeFalco has stated that his Spider-Girl is a different universe than the one that showed up in Spider-Verse. The timelines branch so much within the Marvel realm that his and Slott's are two different universes.

He also stated he had plenty more Spider-Girl stories to tell. Maybe one day he will give us some of those scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    DeFalco has stated that his Spider-Girl is a different universe than the one that showed up in Spider-Verse. The timelines branch so much within the Marvel realm that his and Slott's are two different universes.

He also stated he had plenty more Spider-Girl stories to tell. Maybe one day he will give us some of those scripts.
    I would love that. Really, I think that having May's MC2 and the Renew Your vows would be a great thing. May's such a cool character as it is. I'm surprised that only the UK Spiderman stories got a cross over with her. Well good to know that our May is still around with her family. Again, would be nice to see Tom write her again. Even in back ups. Maybe if Gerry's Annie gets people into looking at May we may see her make a comeback. Other writers also like her a lot, so there's that factor.

Veteran Member

I remember Spider-girl and her world. Truly had some characters that could use some more stories to be told.

Well, next year marks 20 years since her debut, hopefully there's a plan or two for her

it was an excellent alternate take on the spiderman mythos and has enduring appeal persisting even now.

It was an incredibly successful run; it lasted far longer than a series of that type usually does staving off cancellation numerous times before finally succumbing. I think everyone was surprised it did as well as did; DeFalco and Frenz did some really good work here and it was the right book for that time though I do think the subsequent Ultimate Universe and all the many alternate universe books since then (and Spider-Verse) have diluted the unique flavor of what was created.
    I miss Kevin Nichols. Not as much as bacon, but still...

Rookie Member

I recall the idea of the Spider-Girl in Spider-Verse being a different version to the one in DeFalco's series being raised as a possibility, not outright confirmed.

I didn't know she was in Web Warriors. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotJA View Post
    I recall the idea of the Spider-Girl in Spider-Verse being a different version to the one in DeFalco's series being raised as a possibility, not outright confirmed.
    There were a few other minor differences that made the Spider-Verse Mayday stand out from the original, but yeah, it was just an olive branch to keep people from being steamed. It would have hurt the story and the stakes if outright confirmed.

There's several universes out there that have different takes on MC2, the UK comics have their own version for example. The difference with the story there was Mayday crossed over with her father's timeline, not dimension, and Peter remembered she visited the past and told her when she got back to the present. Also it was retconned that the Spider-Verse Mayday crossed over with 616 Peter early in his history (a team-up early in her title's run that was set during the first appearance of Spencer Smythe), but she was travelling between dimensions when she did so, where as in the actual issue it was supposed to be just straight time-travel

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotJA View Post
    I didn't know she was in Web Warriors. What happened?
    She was a member of the team, and hung out with Gwen, but she and one other Warrior (forgot which one) were trapped on one Earth along with an army of Electros they were keeping secure in a Faraday cage, by the end of the book she was able to go home again. She was only in a few issues.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-16-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, next year marks 20 years since her debut, hopefully there's a plan or two for her
    Wow. Man 20 years. Marvel needs to do something to celebrate that. I mean...come on now, even if it's just Tom and Ron coming back for a special issue.

Are you serious, dude? Of course I remember MC2's Spider-Girl!! I loved her, and I still love her! I have all her comics. Well, all of them which were published on my country. I truly want to know more about what happened to her after the end of both Spider-Verse AND Web Warriors. Having lost her dad was really sad for me.

Personally, I would like to see a crossover between MC2's Spider-Girl/Woman and RYV's (Renew Your Vows) Spider-Family. Mayday and Anna could act like sisters.

He didn't actually confirm that it was an alternate version of her, he left it up to the reader's interpretation with his Spider-Verse story.