Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Was I the only one extremely disappointed with this issue as I was expecting a massive Cable Vs. Red Skull battle on the astral plane based on the cover? I feel like now that Cable as been co-opted into his soon-to-be RessurXion title, that Duggan has more or less checked Cable out of the book. I think it's fair to say that none of the Stryfe or Belle sub-plots that Duggan hinted at will be addressed at all between now and the end of his run on UA.
    Was it ever explained how the Red Skull got to be so good at using telepathy considering he never grew up with the power or trained?
    All they did was graft Xavier's brain into his.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    None ever were described (regularly) as most powerful telepath after Xavier. And even sometime equal to Xavier.
    Rachel was. Even when she wasn't Phoenix, Xavier remarked on her psi-bolts being equal to his own. Nate was regulary said to be more powerful than Xavier, or Jean for that matter.

Xavier himself wasn't limitless like the Grey clan seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Poor Storm... she is about the only mutant, with Eye-Boy, that never was acknowledged as Omega-level in the comics at least once She is the Howard Wolowitz of the X-Men
    Iron Man implied she was once iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    None of these is as famous/prominent/memorable as Jean. Rachel would be the closest. Johnny Storm words are not suddenly absolute truth, is really not that hard to believe that Jean is what people think when you say "telepath". Also, as I said this is probably so they can have a Jean/Cable interaction.
    Sure, but Jean is DEAD. A child version of her was brought here from BEFORE she became a telepath. Johnny Storm does know that Jean wasn't a telepath from the start, he was around back then. He has some awareness of the world around him or he wouldn't know about this version of Jean in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Proof? And "implied" is not the same as "stated".

(and you didn't noticed I was joking?!)

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Sure, but Jean is DEAD. A child version of her was brought here from BEFORE she became a telepath. Johnny Storm does know that Jean wasn't a telepath from the start, he was around back then. He has some awareness of the world around him or he wouldn't know about this version of Jean in the first place.
    Eh, she always has been a telepath, but she used to have mental blocks put by the Professor; unless you are about the 60's comics where she the weakest of the O5.
    What Medusa thinks in the middle of the Battlefield where the X-men could be hearing:

"Why didn't they just tell us, Iso ? we would have found a solution. It didn't have to become...This"

What Medusa thinks when the battle is over and she is back and safe in New Atillan:

"Our species' ability to transform through Terrigenesis does not outweigh the lives of even a single mutant"

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Was it ever explained how the Red Skull got to be so good at using telepathy considering he never grew up with the power or trained?
    All they did was graft Xavier's brain into his.
    Raw power plus lack of concern for the mental health of his victims.

Longtime Reader

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Exodus would be the real answer and I haven't seen Nate Grey's power levels recently.
    No news. Apparently he's still depowered and in metaphorical limbo.

Rachel was. Even when she wasn't Phoenix, Xavier remarked on her psi-bolts being equal to his own. Nate was regularly said to be more powerful than Xavier, or Jean for that matter.

Emphasis added. He is more powerful than either Jean or Xavier at his peak performance level. Demonstrated by feats and history in the books.

Johnny's dumb, news at 11.

Child's play. Betsy fixed that basket case of snakes Mystique. Emma restored everyone after AOX. Rachel rebuilt Scott and Sue from the ground up once.

Actually Rachel would likely be the best to go to given she's the most familiar with Nate's mind from their psychic rapport.
    She's the closest person Nate has to 'family' left in the Marvel universe, yet they almost never interact.

Maybe when or if Jeen meets Nate Grey, there will be some sort of psychic cataclysm and Quentin Quire will grow up or something. That's how unlikely it seems right now, much less Nate being 'fixed' and restored by anyone, since plainly not a single damn is given by anyone at Marvel for the character.

But, if Nate was back at his normal power level, there would be no question about who the world's foremost telepath was.
    Last edited by Zodlike; 03-17-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Was I the only one extremely disappointed with this issue as I was expecting a massive Cable Vs. Red Skull battle on the astral plane based on the cover? I feel like now that Cable as been co-opted into his soon-to-be RessurXion title, that Duggan has more or less checked Cable out of the book. I think it's fair to say that none of the Stryfe or Belle sub-plots that Duggan hinted at will be addressed at all between now and the end of his run on UA.
    Nope. This issue felt rushed, which makes me think it's not finished yet. I believe someone was slated to die in this story according to solicits and interviews, which at this point has to be Quicksilver. And it's obvious that Cable and Deadpool are leaving the team, which sucks. This book just went from my favorite team book to one I no longer care about.

Now I just want to see how it wraps up, how Cable returns, and move on. Done with UA after this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Nope. This issue felt rushed, which makes me think it's not finished yet. I believe someone was slated to die in this story according to solicits and interviews, which at this point has to be Quicksilver. And it's obvious that Cable and Deadpool are leaving the team, which sucks. This book just went from my favorite team book to one I no longer care about.

Now I just want to see how it wraps up, how Cable returns, and move on. Done with UA after this arc.
    Agreed. No Deadpool, no Cable, no Duggan, no buy. Dropping after this arc.
    DeadpoolX-MenTMNTMMPR
    Ideas never die.

Rachel was. Even when she wasn't Phoenix, Xavier remarked on her psi-bolts being equal to his own. Nate was regulary said to be more powerful than Xavier, or Jean for that matter.

Quite true at the time the comics came out. But that was before Jean came into her Omega-Level status, which was some years later, about 2 years before her death. At that point, she was more powerful than Xavier and most likely equal to Nate.

They call her Prestige, she can do magic tricks with her mind.

It's a joke.

Emma is far more experienced and a master manipulator.

Rachel is much more powerful and in control.

Psylocke has finese and skill.

Exodus is just plain broken.

Tean would be stomped by any of them. She can't even utilize her full power yet and is incredibly inexperienced.

Heck, I bet the much better trained and less morale QQ could top Tean too atm.

Out of them Rachel is literally the best choice bar none yet once again she is pushed aside and her role given to Tean because Marvel wants Tean in just as much books as Old Man Logan.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 03-17-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quite true at the time the comics came out. But that was before Jean came into her Omega-Level status, which was some years later, about 2 years before her death. At that point, she was more powerful than Xavier and most likely equal to Nate.

Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Jean fought Xavier mentally very well here in 1979.

I meant Jean's death in 2004. From about 2002 onward she was doing very powerful TP feats, without the PF. And when she did use the PF, one could tell from the flames vs her pink energy signature.

to be fair Jean did just keep Karnak mind-zonked for some time in IvX. which is no small feat. yeah, i would have preferred they go to Rachel but i'm fine with Teen Jean.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    to be fair Jean did just keep Karnak mind-zonked for some time in IvX. which is no small feat. yeah, i would have preferred they go to Rachel but i'm fine with Teen Jean.
    Everyone is using Jean. All New Wolverine, Uncanny Avengers, Avengers in Civil War 2. Maybe she is quite good?
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Captain America Steve Rogers Vision