Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephtanner View Post

If anything, I sympathize with you. I was very fond of Kon in his Pre-Flashpoint days. In fact, reading about Jon and Damian in Super Sons really made me feel nostalgic for the days Kon and Tim partnered up, especially in their Young Justice period. I hope Kon will make a comeback and that Tim will be released from Oz's prison soon. Or did the New 52 turn Tim into a turd, too? Hope not!
    All of the YJ gen turned into turds after n52 :'( I kinda wanted Kon to come back in Superman reborn arc but I guess we have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    As I pointed out to another poster Mxy says that Jon tried to fix Superman and Lois by giving them the red energy but it turned them into their New 52 selves instead.
    We don't know that, all we saw was the return. For all we know SuperDad and MaLois are somewhere else on Mxy's game board. We have to get to full issue to know exactly what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    We don't know that, all we saw was the return. For all we know SuperDad and MaLois are somewhere else on Mxy's game board. We have to get to full issue to know exactly what's going on.
    But that's literally been said, in the last issue Jon went after a falling Superdad and Ma Lois so it's safe to say he grabbed them with the red energy but they turned into their Red selves.

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    Look closely at Lois and Clark's positions after Jon blows up the globe with the red power. You see them falling. Mxy is still on the DP building because he was closer to it. But you can see Clark reaching out to Lois as they fall. Then if you keep reading you'll notice that Jon flew towards his mom and dad as they fell. Lois is depicted as a blue human shape and Clark is depicted as a red shape with two arms and a cape. Jon is depicted as the helix shaped red power (seen from his fist).

All of this can be seen in the panel where Mxy is repeating "cheaters! Cheaters! Cheaters!"

Mighty Member

24 issues to go until the issue 1000

I love how this goes along with Superman's history of doing things on a epic "comic book" scale. As Grant Morrison said when Superman's friends come to visit they come from the future, when he walks the dog he walks it past Saturn. So Superman does have a Joker-like villain but he's not just a crazy guy dressed like a clown he's a reality altering imp from the 5th dimension. Superman can have grounded human stories but there should be a good mix of epic cosmic adventures thrown in.

I think they should use the New 52 Superman as the "first 5 years" then add Superman Blue's life right around the time of Death of Superman and continue onward. So New 52 takes the place of Byrne's Superman, which really hadn't been in full continuity since Johns' Secret Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    As I pointed out to another poster Mxy says that Jon tried to fix Superman and Lois by giving them the red energy but it turned them into their New 52 selves instead.
    Yeah, the merger hasn't happened yet. that's why Mxy was gloating. Jon thought he had saved his parent's and won the game but all he did was restore a version of his parents who never married and didn't have him as a son.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-16-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Incredible Member

So Superman does have a Joker-like villain but he's not just a crazy guy dressed like a clown he's a reality altering imp from the 5th dimension.
    If you're going by that angle, then there's Xa-Du as sociopathic killer golden/modern age Joker and Mxy as a more playful silver age trickster joker. Toyman seems to thread the line between the two, depending on how he's written, althrough modern Toyman seems to be written as more of a protector of children with twisted methodology.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think they should use the New 52 Superman as the "first 5 years" then add Superman Blue's life right around the time of Death of Superman and continue onward. So New 52 takes the place of Byrne's Superman, which really hadn't been in full continuity since Johns' Secret Origins..
    I think they're going the Byrne route, though. Someone on here said the other day that the post-Reborn Fortress looks pretty much identical to the Byrne's character designs.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-16-2017 at 11:50 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

You mean on that new Gary Frank cover? I suppose it might look like the Mahnke's Tesseract Fortress, but not really Jurgen's Classic Fortress.

jurgfort.jpgpocketfort.jpg

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

There's similarities, but there's also oddities. For example Jor-El's statue looks nothing like Byrne Jor-El. So I think things are still in flux.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    You mean on that new Gary Frank cover? I suppose it might look like the Tesseract Fortress, but not really the Jurgens Fortress.

jurgfort.jpgpocketfort.jpg
    I can't find that cover so I haven't seen it myself. Can someone post it? I don't know if that's what the poster was talking about, but he said that Jor-El and Lara's statues and Kelex were all identical to the Byrne versions.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-16-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

Byrne didn't give him a Fortress. Maybe someone was thinking of the Krypton scenes with Jor-El in the citadel?

Here's the #977 variant again.

Astonishing Member

Byrne didn't give him a Fortress. Maybe someone was thinking of the Krypton scenes with Jor-El in the citadel?

Here's the #977 variant again.
    I meant that the Fortress had Byrne's character designs for Lara and Jor-El. I don't think that's what he was talking about. I have seen THAT cover. He said that he saw Jor-El, Lara, Kelex, and a Kryptonian battle suit from Reign of the Supermen.

Here's the original post

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingVulcan View Post
    Uhm...As far as Pre-Flashpoint Canon...

There are some BIG clues that Krypton is changing back to Pre-flashpoint...

spoilers:
    The Statues in the former Nuperman's Fortress NOW look like 90% the MOS Jor (Now with hair and exposed head) and Lara designs...and Nuperman's Kelex is now, suddenly, an almost PERFECT match to the Byrne design...The Kryptonian Battlesuit that Kal wore to walk to Metropolis in 'Reign of the Supermen' is back, rendered nigh-perfectly!
    end of spoilers

Keep it COMIN', DC...you have my attention!
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-16-2017 at 11:54 PM.

I figured that's what you meant after I posted, but I can't seem to remember any other cover with the Fortress, aside from that super vague one recently with Steel. I can only remember scenes from the comic with Jor-el as the lost Gibb brother or possibly the New 52 version.

Astonishing Member

I figured that's what you meant after I posted, but I can't seem to remember any other cover with the Fortress, aside from that super vague one recently with Steel. I can only remember scenes from the comic with Jor-el as the lost Gibb brother or possibly the New 52 version.
    Maybe its from the interior somewhere? Idk. We'll just have to wait and see, but it wouldn't surprise me if it mostly just reverts back to Byrne's designs or at least 90s-style Fortress. Jurgens does seem to have a heavy preference there.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-17-2017 at 12:13 AM.