Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Don't you know that punching strangers means you're a man of action, instead of just having anger issues??? And that if you actually talk to people before hitting them, then it makes you a wimp??
    Johns' run didn't really get good until Throne of Atlantis.

Clem Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Johns' run didn't really get good until Throne of Atlantis.
    I'd say it didn't get good until after Forever Evil.

I was going over his run today, and I had forgotten how bad his 2nd arc, the David Graves one was. I always remembered how bad the opening Darkseid arc was, but his 2nd was both bad and forgettable.

Throne of Atlantis, I didn't like anyway, but it was followed by Trinity War, which was an awful crossover.
    Last edited by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever; 03-19-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I'd say it didn't get good until after Forever Evil.

I was going over his run today, and I had forgotten how bad his 2nd arc, the David Graves one was. I always remembered how bad the opening Darkseid arc was, but his 2nd was both bad and forgettable.

Throne of Atlantis, I didn't like anyway, but it was followed by Trinity War, which was an awful crossover.
    Trinity War was basically just a set up story for Forever Evil (which I loved), when you look at it like that rather than a self-contained story, it wasn't bad. Anyway back to my point was that while I didn't like Justice League Origins, it is so engrained into the events of the new 52, if they do completely get rid of it, then Rebirth might as well be a hard reboot.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 03-19-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Clem Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Trinity War was basically just a set up story for Forever Evil (which I loved), when you look at it like that rather than a self-contained story, it wasn't bad.
    I liked Forever Evil too, but not Trinity War.
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I liked Forever Evil too, but not Trinity War.
    The same.. listen that superman kill one person and the chaos after that... I prefer Forever Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I mean, that is just probably be the most convoluted and ridiculous thing that DC could do. To have Superman with a child, but not remember having that child is just...yeah. Anyway, you know this is not gonna happen, right? We've already seen Zircher's art with Clark and Lois post-Reborn and Clark is literally wearing a wedding ring. And the Kubert cover for Action Comics has their literal wedding scene pulled from the 1996 Wedding Album issue. So, he not only remembers being married to Lois, but also remembers exactly how they got married.
    This is the biggest nit pick you'll see today (sorry), but I keep seeing this mentioned and it is not true. That particular image on the AC cover is from the first issue of the Loeb/Kelly era, if I'm not mistaken, and not from the actual Wedding Album issue. The dress is the same, but that particular image in front of the stained glass did not happen in the wedding album.

Sorry to nit pick.

Edit: It's from Superman #151, "We're Back!"
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 03-20-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    This is the biggest nit pick you'll see today (sorry), but I keep seeing this mentioned and it is not true. That particular image on the AC cover is from the first issue of the Loeb/Kelly era, if I'm not mistaken, and not from the actual Wedding Album issue. The dress is the same, but that particular image in front of the stained glass did not happen in the wedding album.

Sorry to nit pick.

The placement directly in front of a window came later (because it was originally in front of the groomsmen), but the pose is straight off the foldout back cover image in the Wedding Album.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post

Sorry to nit pick.

Oh, i know the stained glass isn't in the actual issue, but their pose and her dress and hairdo are the exact same.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman fans brace yourself: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...ill-love-hate/

I take it as the Superman fanbase will be even more divided after Wednesday. Thanks DC, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Yeah because we can't have Batman and Co looking Bad or Showing Supes with a Backbone. Nope nosiree. Lets Make the Parademons allergic to Hugs while we're at it. The Horror!
    Yeah...I'm not going to miss much about the original take on the League's origin .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman fans brace yourself: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...ill-love-hate/

I take it as the Superman fanbase will be even more divided after Wednesday. Thanks DC, as usual.
    So either A. Dr. Manhattan oficially gets inolved in DC Continuity and is the one who split Superman and the only controversy comes from Alan Moore fans.

or B. new 52 superman goes away and the wonder woman romance gets retconned out of history and Bleeding Cool thinks that will cause a controversy.

I really need an eyeroll emotioncon right now. Right, because it isn't a logical conclusion at all that there will be some people who are going to hate how things turn out here and that it's going to cause at least some minor continuity issues. Haven’t fans already been discussing those two things anyway? While I might change my mind about this on Wednesday right now this doesn't even seem like anything worthy of the attention BC is paying to it at all.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-20-2017 at 09:09 AM.

DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/Bug/Cave Carson/DoomPatrol/Flash/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mister Miracle/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/NW: The New Order/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Britannia/Eternity/Faith/Harbringer Renegade/Ninjak/Quantum and Woody/Secret Weapons/War Mother/X-O Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So either A. Dr. Manhattan oficially gets inolved in DC Continuity and is the one who split Superman and the only controversy comes from Alan Moore fans.

or B. new 52 superman goes away and the wonder woman romance gets retconned out of history and Bleeding Cool thinks that will cause a controversy.
    It was described as continuity controversy, so I'm guessing "B." On top of other changes.

Tsk.. As I Expected.. I only want see N52 Superman again one last time..

Continuity problems? They want to erase him.. I know that before Reborn.. and maybe things like the WW annual, change a little the
    post-crisis past again.. and for the boy.

With Superman changed in the begin of rebirth.. The rest No matter.. With Robin:Son of Batman canon(or only Maya and Goliath existence) I have enough..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-20-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Mighty Member

"Mercy, could you pass the popcorn?"-Lex Luthor