Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    To be fair, we all knew the ultimate solution to all of this won't please everyone and extremists on both sides are going to agree to hate the outcome.

What we are going to see is the fusion of two continuities together. The extreme anti New 52 opponents who were salivating at the prospect of the entire New 52 era being completely swept away and Superman's back story returning to what it was preFlashpoint verbatim are going to be disappointed that elements and some story content of the New 52 are going to be folded in. It was not all crap, after all.The extreme Superwonder shippers who are wishing Jon and Lois to burst into flame so Supes can go back to having a soap operatic relationship with Wonder Woman as if the last year of stories didn't happen of course are going to be disappointed because that ain't happening, and the Superfamily is here to stay for the next year or two at least, if not much longer. Supes as a family man has struck an undeniable chord and Jon has become pretty darn popular.

Me, I'm bracing to be disappointed that my hope that we can finally be rid of the arbitrary line between PreCrisis, Post Crisis, preFlashpoint, Post FLASHPOINT can all be erased or very very blurred and we can finally have a Superman that is the sum total of his whole published life in the way Batman and pretty much every other iconic hero ( aside from the mess that is WW) are seen. I think this " new" Supes will be focused on reconciling the Post Crisis continiuity and New 52 continiuity more than anything and maybe that's what it should be, but I think we will now end up with the 5th separate version of Supes to add to the litany and once again a divided fanbase further divided.

We will see for sure Wednesday I guess.
    I think you are really being unfair here. Which extreme smww group here has been wishing pre new 52 Superman and his family to go poof? Most of us have said they have 0 problems him existing along side new 52. The problem is diluting, undermining 5 years of canon to give it to a guy who had his own stories, his own milestones. When DC killed new 52 and sung their song the real Superman is back etc many of us already took the hint. We have no illusions when they wiped out new 52 Diana what we liked was gone. She's not the same person Rucka is writing. Who are we supposed to be shipping in Rebirth? A woman who was ready to toss her so called relationship with some Superman guy under the bus? Who has been deluded? I have no horse in Rebirth. You can have whatever you like ...why should I grudge anyone?

Fans don't have to buy it if not interested. Didn't the old fans DC tried to lure back boycotted new 52? Called him fake? So if new 52 fans don't want to read a father figure, you can't condemn them. They just don't want to. Posters have explained why. And in very logical ways. Some are not even SMWW fans. DC pulled a fast one on fans who thought they were truly dealing with a rebooted universe. They did a 180. Are we supposed to go. OH well, they are the same. Come on. No point in even getting invested if they going to handwave and change so quickly. If they want a new verse, do it. Don't string fans along. If they want to kill of new 52 world then do it. But at least allow it to matter. Good stories, eg Pak, Soule etc which are better than what Jurgens has done in he 90ties might get kicked out, to facilitate lacklustre stories.

If some Superman fans did not want smww fans have a say in what they would like to see then DC should have left them to Elseworlds and stop merchandising them together. DC wants to have their cake and to eat it too. It is Lois and Clark forever they say yet outside Superman and Wonder Woman are pushed as a brand. Don't blame smww fans.

Anyway a Superman with all the memories? Could be. But who is going to take charge to write him post Reborn and what do they plan for him? How does this impact him beyond what we are getting and make him any more compelling? I would say adjusting a status quo does not mean problems with Superman will go away. Married, single, if they can't write good stories, good adventures, a Superman personality that is interesting...fans are back to square one with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Would it be ok if I made a spoiler thread if Rich posts a article today so we won't have to keep using spoiler tags?
    Please wait until the issue is out, if possible. There are always several threads littered with the tags and because I have to check these things, I end up spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Please wait until the issue is out, if possible. There are always several threads littered with the tags and because I have to check these things, I end up spoiled.
    no problem, only reason I suggested it was because this thread already had so many pages as it is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    We have no illusions when they wiped out new 52 Diana what we liked was gone. She's not the same person Rucka is writing..
    But she IS the Diana Rucka wrote years ago. The Diana we're all more familiar with, and that's always a good thing.

But she IS the Diana Rucka wrote years ago. The real Diana, and that's always a good thing.
    Dude, don't use the term like "The Real Diana" in this forums, thats a Pandora Box that we shoulnd't touch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    But she IS the Diana Rucka wrote years ago. The Diana we're all more familiar with, and that's always a good thing.
    Quoted for truth. Even though I was a fan of Azzarello, I have to say that I would sacrifice it in order to have current Wonder Woman connect back to classic Wonder Woman continuity. Hopefully, we'll see Cassie and Donna (not those piles of crap we got from Lobdell and Finch) make a return during Rucka's run and the Wonder Woman legacy restored.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-20-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Dude, don't use the term like "The Real Diana" in this forums, thats a Pandora Box that we shoulnd't touch.
    Yeah, I caught myself posting that and adjusted it realizing it was a bit bull-headed.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I think you are really being unfair here. Which extreme smww group here has been wishing pre new 52 Superman and his family to go poof? Most of us have said they have 0 problems him existing along side new 52. The problem is diluting, undermining 5 years of canon to give it to a guy who had his own stories, his own milestones. When DC killed new 52 and sung their song the real Superman is back etc many of us already took the hint. We have no illusions when they wiped out new 52 Diana what we liked was gone. She's not the same person Rucka is writing. Who are we supposed to be shipping in Rebirth? A woman who was ready to toss her so called relationship with some Superman guy under the bus? Who has been deluded? I have no horse in Rebirth. You can have whatever you like ...why should I grudge anyone?

Fans don't have to buy it if not interested. Didn't the old fans DC tried to lure back boycotted new 52? Called him fake? So if new 52 fans don't want to read a father figure, you can't condemn them. They just don't want to. Posters have explained why. And in very logical ways. Some are not even SMWW fans. DC pulled a fast one on fans who thought they were truly dealing with a rebooted universe. They did a 180. Are we supposed to go. OH well, they are the same. Come on. No point in even getting invested if they going to handwave and change so quickly. If they want a new verse, do it. Don't string fans along. If they want to kill of new 52 world then do it. But at least allow it to matter. Good stories, eg Pak, Soule etc which are better than what Jurgens has done in he 90ties might get kicked out, to facilitate lacklustre stories.

If some Superman fans did not want smww fans have a say in what they would like to see then DC should have left them to Elseworlds and stop merchandising them together. DC wants to have their cake and to eat it too. It is Lois and Clark forever they say yet outside Superman and Wonder Woman are pushed as a brand. Don't blame smww fans.

Anyway a Superman with all the memories? Could be. But who is going to take charge to write him post Reborn and what do they plan for him? How does this impact him beyond what we are getting and make him any more compelling? I would say adjusting a status quo does not mean problems with Superman will go away. Married, single, if they can't write good stories, good adventures, a Superman personality that is interesting...fans are back to square one with him.
    Well im not interested in derailing this thread or engaging in a fight, but there have been some pretty nasty things said about Jon and Lois and early on here we had some posters joking about wanting to see Nuperman beat up Jon ,so there's that. Extremist do exist , maybe not here on this forum, but elsewhere? Yes. There were some loony Clois-ers that were essentially painting Nuperman as a monster just because he wasn't dating Lois. That kind of crap exists out there.

However to be clear, I am NOT accusing anyone here of saying such things and as far as I know most of us are sane, so if you or anyone took offense, I apologise as that was not my intention.

As for the rest, I do wish DC would eventually throw you guys a bone in regards to SM/WW, especially when I think they did ultimately treat you guys like crap, and I personally wish they had just given Nuperman his own self contained series set outside of the main continiuity by say a Greg Pak and go from there, and who knows , depending on what happens Wednesday, that could still happen.

And I agree, Supes is only as good as his stories and creative direction, and his marital status or family status has no bearing ultimately. Supes stories were crap before FLASHPOINT, they got good again for awhile with the New 52 until it eventually became a mixed bag with great stuff intermixed with unmitigated crap. Right now the books are good ( in my opinion). You disagree. Some agree with me, some Agree with you. That's fine. Eventually the stories may become crap again, and when they do, I will call them crap. Yes, I prefer the current status quo, but ultimately my loyalty is to good stories first. If Tomasi and co. Had simply continued with Nuperman but told stories of the same quality as now, I'd be equally cautiously enthusiastic.in many ways I wish DC had just put the hard work into building up and fixing Nuperman , but they didn't.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

The only thing that could actually surprise me would be the two Supermen staying separate, and/or Superman and Lois not remembering Jon. The latter I see as a virtual impossibility. The former unlikely since Mxy pretty much confirmed already they were the same man split.

But, that's if there's actually anything to this idea that it will be a huge surprise to us here. Which there likely isn't, its probably just clickbait.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-20-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The only thing that could actually surprise me would be the two Supermen staying separate, and/or Superman and Lois not remembering Jon. The latter I see as a virtual impossibility. The former, unlikely but I guess not totally impossible.

But, that's if there's actually anything to this idea that it will be a huge surprise to us here. Which there likely isn't, its probably just clickbait.
    At this point I don't think they would have revealed they were the same people split if they were staying separate they could have revealed Nuperman and and Lois as clones or alternate universe doppelgangers if that was the route they were going. It's most likely just click bait, would't be the first time for Bleeding Cool.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

I mean, maybe it will surprise readers who don't frequent forums and haven't put it together yet. But we here bounce so many ideas off one another and share info I think we have it close to figured out. That's not touting our collective horn just that the combined thoughts of a community is a huge benefit when it comes to putting together a puzzle.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    This is the biggest nit pick you'll see today (sorry), but I keep seeing this mentioned and it is not true. That particular image on the AC cover is from the first issue of the Loeb/Kelly era, if I'm not mistaken, and not from the actual Wedding Album issue. The dress is the same, but that particular image in front of the stained glass did not happen in the wedding album.

Sorry to nit pick.

Edit: It's from Superman #151, "We're Back!"
    I'm not sure but I could've sworn I saw the same image from Superman #151 not in the Wedding Album issue but somewhere inside or maybe the back cover of the Wedding and Beyond TPB. My copy is buried somewhere in storage so I can't really look it up to verify.

In any case, I'm looking forward to Wednesday. This month has been crazy with all these cliffhangers. I learned my lesson from spoiling myself before the Mxy reveal. I vow to remain spoiler-free this time around.

Never mind found it thanks for sending anyway.
    Last edited by GSman; 03-20-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I guess you were kind of wrong about the history thing not to be insulting or anything.
    Well, I kinda was and I wasn't at the same time. I don't want to get too spoiler-y in this thread, though. If you wanna talk more about this, PM me.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with it. I would go into more details about my take, but I forgot how to spoiler tag lol.
    [spoil] + [spoil] with a / in-front for the latter (but after the first bracket) .