Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Was Kyle Rayner ever a part of the Justice League in current continuity?

This seems like it should be a simple"no" but since Emerald Twilight happened and some version of GL Rebirth happened...

No. According to Throne of Atlantis, for the duration of the New52 up to that point, no members had ever joined the founding 7.

Just another reason New52 sucks monkey chucks

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    No. According to Throne of Atlantis, for the duration of the New52 up to that point, no members had ever joined the founding 7.

Just another reason New52 sucks monkey chucks
    It was mentioned at some point that Martian Manhunter had joined the League and been kicked out because they couldn't trust him, therefore your statement is not 100% true. Nevertheless, as for Kyle I'm leaning to say no as well. It appeared that the only recruitment drive the New52 League ever conducted was right before Trinity War when they recruited Element Woman, Atomica and Firestorm.

I think, barring Rebirth retooling continuity, Hal was the only GL on the League before Simon and Jessica joined.

The only other GL the League seemed aware of enough to acknowledge was Guy, and he was on the short-lived New 52 JLI (as I recall).

They will probably give the honor back to him once Wally's Flash career is fully reestablished. It's within "lost years".

Did the first New 52 Justice League *of America* series reference it being the first time a group has gone by that name? If not, there could have been one that nobody has mentioned previously, and it could be the one that Ray Palmer was in as well. That way the main Justice League membership could have held steady but others could be members of the JLA. That doesn't even really require any memory-restoration shenanigans.
    For the love of God, people, just put "In my opinion..." at the beginning of your posts so that we can stop wasting bandwidth arguing about whether someone was trying to express a fact or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Did the first New 52 Justice League *of America* series reference it being the first time a group has gone by that name? If not, there could have been one that nobody has mentioned previously, and it could be the one that Ray Palmer was in as well. That way the main Justice League membership could have held steady but others could be members of the JLA. That doesn't even really require any memory-restoration shenanigans.
    Wally's period as Flash is confirmed to be within lost years, which coincides with Kyle's JLA membership, so yeah it will probably tie into memory restoration shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Wally's period as Flash is confirmed to be within lost years, which coincides with Kyle's JLA membership, so yeah it will probably tie into memory restoration shenanigans.
    I wasn't necessarily thinking Wally would be there, since he is still a part of the Titans-age group. I was only really thinking about Ray Palmer and Kyle.
    For the love of God, people, just put "In my opinion..." at the beginning of your posts so that we can stop wasting bandwidth arguing about whether someone was trying to express a fact or not.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

This^^^^^^^^
    I wonder what it would be like--to be the fastest man on Earth? Well...I'll never know-- The Flash was just a character some writer dreamed up! -Barry Allen (showcase #4)

I wasn't necessarily thinking Wally would be there, since he is still a part of the Titans-age group. I was only really thinking about Ray Palmer and Kyle.
    Kyle and Wally are around the same age actually.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Not right now, but he'll probably be retconned back.
    Cyclops was right

Nothing was said about that, but I guess he was filling in for Hal during his Parallax days. DC just forgot to tell us.

Kyle and Wally are around the same age actually.
    Not necessarily any more. I think Kyle is being depicted as more late 20's, while Wally is more early 20's.

Not that their specific age is the important thing (and I know I mentioned it) but rather when they were in operation. But I don't get the impression that Wally was ever anything other than Kid Flash in the New 52 history, he didn't become old enough to be an adult Flash until now when he has returned. And I can't see Kid Flash being in the JLA.

Was Kyle a member of the Titans once upon a time? During those Donna Troy years maybe?
    Save Ferris...

Not necessarily any more. I think Kyle is being depicted as more late 20's, while Wally is more early 20's.

Not that their specific age is the important thing (and I know I mentioned it) but rather when they were in operation. But I don't get the impression that Wally was ever anything other than Kid Flash in the New 52 history, he didn't become old enough to be an adult Flash until now when he has returned. And I can't see Kid Flash being in the JLA.
    Pointless to argue against: Wally being Flash has been re-confirmed several times after Rebirth one shot, including by Barry's own mouth once. So it's going to be reintroduced to continuity.

Kyle and Wally are the 90s front legacy characters and besties, so they will have their history return eventually. There is actually more of a chance of including Kyle to Titans even.