Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    How exactly does time flow for an immortal? Especially one who is far younger than the others.
    Apparently many of the people will assume she is Gal's age of 31 in the movie and therefore think she is the naiive to the ways of the world.

If they had not made her 5000 years old, according to Synder, then the excuse of her only learning her powers would make much more sense. That is, if she was only in her 20's or even is she is 31.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    How can you tell? Do you have any footage to back this up? Any statements from DCEU officials? Because you seem to have overlooked a lot of our points of arguments which basically are more pertinent than mere assumptions of things that never happened.

For all his power, Superman's punches left Doomsday unfazed. Diana tossed DD into the air with her shield, but that shield was under the force of her own physical strength. She tossed him into the air with one arm. One arm!
    Unless Doomsday weighs more than the tank she threw in her trailer, this isn't all that impressive for someone like Wonder Woman. Lets say Doomsday, at most, weighs two tons. For a person like Wonder Woman who is supposed to be as strong as Superman, her tossing Doomsday up in the air like that would liken for me to be a day at the gym for her doing bicep curls.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    How can you tell? Do you have any footage to back this up? Any statements from DCEU officials? Because you seem to have overlooked a lot of our points of arguments which basically are more pertinent than mere assumptions of things that never happened.

For all his power, Superman's punches left Doomsday unfazed. Diana tossed DD into the air with her shield, but that shield was under the force of her own physical strength. She tossed him into the air with one arm. One arm!
    I'm using logical deduction. She really wasn't all that great relative to Superman considering that she's got five thousand years of experience under her belt, a sword and a shield whereas he fought bare-knuckled. Again, I think the pulse-racing electric cello theme might've tricked you
    Last edited by username_; 03-20-2017 at 09:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Geoff Johns, who will have more creative control than Snyder, has said Diana is just as strong and fast as Clark with better fighting skills.

And the fight itself proves this, with Clark being completely inconsequential until he gets the spear, while Diana is actually damaging Doomsday.
    Johns is only a glorified consultant the directors can use for info and input, the influence he has beyond that amounts to nothing.

I agree with the second part though, Diana wasn't getting trampled by Doomsday and she didn't seem to be in all that much trouble. Given time and space, I think she could eventually have struck a blow Doomsday couldn't regenerate from.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Apparently many of the people will assume she is Gal's age of 31 in the movie and therefore think she is the naiive to the ways of the world.

If they had not made her 5000 years old, according to Synder, then the excuse of her only learning her powers would make much more sense. That is, if she was only in her 20's or even is she is 31.
    My point is, we don't know how time flows. 24 Hours for us may feel as if an instant for the Amazons. We also know that Hippolyte did not want Diana trained, and it isn't until Hippolyte agrees with it, that Antiope begins to push her past the rest of the Amazons, that she gets to show her full power.

Its the same as working out with weights. Yes, we both potentially will start off at the same level, but it isn't until we push those muscles further, do we being to see the potential in our bodies. If nobody ever pushed Diana to the point to instinctively protect herself, as we see in the clip, than that power may have never been realized.
    Last edited by richalex; 03-20-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Richard Alexander

Unless Doomsday weighs more than the tank she threw in her trailer, this isn't all that impressive for someone like Wonder Woman. Lets say Doomsday, at most, weighs two tons. For a person like Wonder Woman who is supposed to be as strong as Superman, her tossing Doomsday up in the air like that would liken for me to be a day at the gym for her doing bicep curls.
    Um, you try moving someone that is physically stronger and bigger than you, and they are prepared for it, and see how well you do.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Johns is only a glorified consultant the directors can use for info and input, the influence he has beyond that amounts to nothing.

I agree with the second part though, Diana wasn't getting trampled by Doomsday and she didn't seem to be in all that much trouble. Given time and space, I think she could eventually have struck a blow Doomsday couldn't regenerate from.
    Geoff Johns is over the DCEU. He's more than a consultant. As we see in the Wonder Woman movie, he's one of the writers. He has more than just "Info and Input".
    Richard Alexander

Um, you try moving someone that is physically stronger and bigger than you, and they are prepared for it, and see how well you do.
    As soon as I am gifted by the greek gods, or somehow my father is really Zeus, I'll let you know then how easy it is.

The idea is, if she is at a point where throwing tanks is easy for her, than being able to toss Doomsday in the air is surely as easy a feat for her as is tossing a tank.

BANNED

Geoff Johns is over the DCEU. He's more than a consultant. As we see in the Wonder Woman movie, he's one of the writers. He has more than just "Info and Input".
    He's not over anything, he's a tag along... and a pretty poor choice since WW is one of the characters he's never understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    He's not over anything, he's a tag along... and a pretty poor choice since WW is one of the characters he's never understood.
    So him being Co-Head of the DCEU with Producer Jon Berg. means he's nothing but a Tag along...Interesting. I want that job.

http://screenrant.com/dceu-movies-geoff-johns/
    Richard Alexander

As soon as I am gifted by the greek gods, or somehow my father is really Zeus, I'll let you know then how easy it is.

The idea is, if she is at a point where throwing tanks is easy for her, than being able to toss Doomsday in the air is surely as easy a feat for her as is tossing a tank.
    I didn't know Tanks have Super Strength. Is it like the Haunted Tank, magical?

Sarcasam aside, you're arguing a breathing moving being with Strength Greater, and growing stronger by the attack, vs. a Tank.
    Richard Alexander

I didn't know Tanks have Super Strength. Is it like the Haunted Tank, magical?

Sarcasam aside, you're arguing a breathing moving being with Strength Greater, and growing stronger by the attack, vs. a Tank.
    All I am talking about is Diana being able to toss a being in the air that should weigh no more than the tank she threw in the trailer. Just because Doomsday is growing stronger doesn't mean that Diana should not be able to lift him with relative ease.

Also, since Diana has strength that is supposed to be on par with Superman, wouldn't that be a display of strength for Doomsday to knock or toss either of them around? I mean, it is the same argument, right? She is sparring with someone, who may be stronger, but then again she is also supposed to be very strong and is living and breathing like Doomsday.

Given that a tank is incredibly durable and tough, I would certainly say one of it's superpowers is toughness. Plus the ability to spew artillery at objects from a great distance away is another superpower. I guess anyone could play with sarcasm if they didn't really think about what the other poster said for more than a second.

All I am talking about is Diana being able to toss a being in the air that should weigh no more than the tank she threw in the trailer. Just because Doomsday is growing stronger doesn't mean that Diana should not be able to lift him with relative ease.

Also, since Diana has strength that is supposed to be on par with Superman, wouldn't that be a display of strength for Doomsday to knock or toss either of them around? I mean, it is the same argument, right? She is sparring with someone, who may be stronger, but then again she is also supposed to be very strong and is living and breathing like Doomsday.

Given that a tank is incredibly durable and tough, I would certainly say one of it's superpowers is toughness. Plus the ability to spew artillery at objects from a great distance away is another superpower. I guess anyone could play with sarcasm if they didn't really think about what the other poster said for more than a second.
    There is still a big difference between moving an inanimate object vs a physical being with strength at your level or greater, who is bracing to fight you.
    Richard Alexander

There is still a big difference between moving an inanimate object vs a physical being with strength at your level or greater, who is bracing to fight you.
    Maybe the inanimate object was moving at her? We don't know as of yet.

I just don't think 'tossing' Doomsday was this incredible feat for someone as strong as Wonder Woman should be. Obviously we are going to differ on this.

If she had beaten Doomsday all by herself, now that is a feat. Something she hasn't done in the comics, as far as I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard01
    1.) That is NOT a glimpse of the future. That's Batman having a bad dream brought on by some bad Thai food until evidence suggests otherwise.
    I got no stakes or interest on a Superman vs Wonder Woman argument but this seems rather naive of you to say. You know Apokolips is hinted at in that movie and you know the end goal is for the League to unite against Darkseid. How did Batman got the bright idea? Because someone who was there told him to and obviously so it`s going to be changed.

There`s nothing complex or cynical in the choice of scening from the director and you don`t have to disregard it because it still wouldn`t show how the League fell, only that it did.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-20-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

"Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

"Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg