Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Teen Titans #6 Preview

From AiPTcomics ...

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...view-titans-6/

Aqualad is back and while he's not in the preview pages there's blood in the water. Looks like they face off against a water enemy.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

"As the SFPD continues their search fo over fifty prisoners who escaped from the maximum security facility last week,authorities still don't know how they got out and where they are now.In others news, shark attacks are up nearly 400% in......"

Really subtle dialogue there, but hey i'm looking forward to the villain.(I will not spoil it for others who have not seen #7's cover.

I don't know why but pham can draw amazing animals, if you look at the seal in the preview or BB on the cover of #6/7 you can see what I mean.

BB's tofu is back. People compared this roster to the original titans show, except with cyborg swapped for kid flash, and it seems kid flash hates tofu too.

I preordered my copy, but now wish i had chosen the variant cover after seeing it, Burnham's starfire is really elegant, and his aqualad is also decent. I wonder what Starfire and aqualads interactions will be like, it was implied that aqualad has family problems, so it would be nice for a child/mother relationship between them.
    Only problem is aqualad's spike on his back. I had not noticed it on the pham cover originally, but i hope it is not as big in the book as on the variant. A massive spike on your back is a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by Red obin; 03-17-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    "As the SFPD continues their search fo over fifty prisoners who escaped from the maximum security facility last week,authorities still don't know how they got out and where they are now.In others news, shark attacks are up nearly 400% in......"

Really subtle dialogue there, but hey i'm looking forward to the villain.(I will not spoil it for others who have not seen #7's cover.

I don't know why but pham can draw amazing animals, if you look at the seal in the preview or BB on the cover of #6/7 you can see what I mean.

BB's tofu is back. People compared this roster to the original titans show, except with cyborg swapped for kid flash, and it seems kid flash hates tofu too.

I preordered my copy, but now wish i had chosen the variant cover after seeing it, Burnham's starfire is really elegant, and his aqualad is also decent. I wonder what Starfire and aqualads interactions will be like, it was implied that aqualad has family problems, so it would be nice for a child/mother relationship between them.
    Only problem is aqualad's spike on his back. I had not noticed it on the pham cover originally, but i hope it is not as big in the book as on the variant. A massive spike on your back is a recipe for disaster.
    I prefer the variant a bit too. The wave looks amazing.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

I preordered my copy, but now wish i had chosen the variant cover after seeing it.
    Lol, preordered both. I've been preordering way too many Cover B variants sight unseen ever since Rebirth when DC made variants open to order. Need to cut back but I reckon by purchasing only the variants I like after release, I lose the 40% DCBS discount plus needing to pay additional shipping and/or taxes will offset any savings from not preordering variants blind.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Astonishing Member

Thats really taken from the catoons, he was afaik never written as vegetarian in the comics.

Astonishing Member

First in-continuity use of the word 'orgasm'?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

So it seems that either Beastboy can't cook, or that cooked tofu just looks like vomit. Now I really do understand why the team needs Aqualad: dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Lol, preordered both. I've been preordering way too many Cover B variants sight unseen ever since Rebirth when DC made variants open to order. Need to cut back but I reckon by purchasing only the variants I like after release, I lose the 40% DCBS discount plus needing to pay additional shipping and/or taxes will offset any savings from not preordering variants blind.
    DCBS discount?

How do I get into that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    DCBS discount?

How do I get into that, please?
    https://www.dcbservice.com

I get my regular reading copies from my local comic shop and variants and GNs from DCBS. There's a $7.50 flat rate shipping (monthly schedule) but I kinda order a lot so it's worth it. They frequently have new GNs for 50% off, too.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 03-17-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I wonder if Beast Boy is going to badger Damian to buy him a moped next ?

Astonishing Member

Huh. For some reason, Gar looks older here, like significantly older. Please let this be a sign that they're aging him back up to be in Dick's generation.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Bug! Adventures of Forager; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Mister Miracle; Superman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Huh. For some reason, Gar looks older here, like significantly older. Please let this be a sign that they're aging him back up to be in Dick's generation.
    You do know he was never in Dicks generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    He was like three years younger than Dick, but he was part of the NTT so that has to count for something.

About the preview: I am really enjoying this comic can't remember the last time I enjoyed TT this much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    He was part of the NTT with Dick and he was only a bit younger. And he was certainly older than Tim and Damian and a veteran member of the Titans. That's what I meant. It annoys me that some writers seem to want to keep BB and Raven as "kids" forever, when they clearly weren't by 2011.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-17-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Bug! Adventures of Forager; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Mister Miracle; Superman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    He was like three years younger than Dick, but he was part of the NTT so that has to count for something.

About the preview: I am really enjoying this comic can't remember the last time I enjoyed TT this much.
    Exactly! And, both Kory and Raven were 18 years old. So, this "teen" thing is strictly an editorial mandate.