Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Why? Steel has been already established as operating as an armored hero in both Morrison's Action Comics, and Superwoman. Superman's death at the hands of Doomsday has also been established. Unless another comic specifically changes when Steel debuted, it would still be after Superman's death.

My general rule of thumb is that, unless the New 52 or Rebirth outright changed or invalidated an important event or major character, it still happened
    What I'm saying is, I believe it has been established that John Henry started as Steel before Superman died. So the idea that he did not start until then would need to be on the "maybe" list.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    What I'm saying is, I believe it has been established that John Henry started as Steel before Superman died. So the idea that he did not start until then would need to be on the "maybe" list.
    I might be remembering this wrong, but I don't think John Henry Irons actually had the Steel armor yet in Morrison's initial New 52 arc. He had a prototype which was heavily implied to eventually become the Steel armor, which tracks with his previous history where he already had a prototype armor from prior to Superman's death and was inspired to wear the "S" and become a superhero. Unless a new story contradicts the original sequence of events, I see no reason to assume things have changed. The only change the New 52 made to Steel's history is how and when he first met Superman, not when he began his career as Steel.

I P00017.jpg

Hmmm, looking at this page now, I think you may be right. It does seem to imply that Steel has debuted, but maybe not. I will update the history.

Veteran Member

Hmmm, looking at this page now, I think you may be right. It does seem to imply that Steel has debuted, but maybe not. I will update the history.
    I guess we'll have to see how Superman: Reborn shakes out, but it certainly looks like Steel's previous history will be put back into the timeline as it was before Flashpoint once all is said and done. Anything Morrison wrote looks like it'll just get tossed out. Rebirth Superman pretty clearly remembers the Death arc as it was originally told, hence the 5 flashbacks we got to him fighting Doomsday during the first arc of Rebirth Action. So, you may have to change it back come Wednesday.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-19-2017 at 07:54 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Veteran Member

I don't know if its worth mentioning, but the original Rucka run and Diana's time as an ambassador as well as her being the Goddess of Truth from the 90s are reestablished as canon.

You should also add that the O'Neill/Adams run from the sixties and seventies seems to be back in canon (unclear if it was ever really out), particularly the shirtless duel in the desert with Ra's al Ghul, as it was just referenced in the latest issue of Trinity.

Deathstroke's son Grant died fighting the Teen Titans again just like in New Teen Titans #2. And what Priest has said about Lazarus Contract also suggests that Terra joining and then betraying the team is also back in continuity.

Also, it may be a maybe, but the latest issue of Trinity seems to suggest that the Legion of Doom was formed at some point. We see a flashback panel of a bunch of villains, including Joker, Cheetah, Grodd, etc. all of whom are in their Pre-Flashpoint forms and are congregated in a big group.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-19-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I don't know if its worth mentioning, but the original Rucka run and Diana's time as an ambassador as well as her being the Goddess of Truth from the 90s are reestablished as canon.
    I will update Wonder Woman's history, but how does her time as an ambassador jibe with the current retcon that she's never returned to Paradise Island since she first left? Was she the Ambassador to the fake Paradise Island now? I am a few issues behind Rucka's Wonder Woman I kinda lost interest once Nicola Scott stopped doing the art.

You should also add that the O'Neill/Adams run from the sixties and seventies seems to be back in canon (unclear if it was ever really out), particularly the shirtless duel in the desert with Ra's al Ghul, as it was just referenced in the latest issue of Trinity.
    And Batman's first encounters with Ra's Al Ghul & Talia are already in my original post, which would include the shirtless duel that was already referenced during the Post-New 52 Morrison issues. The timeline is meant to be a broad strokes kind of thing, not a line by line list of very specific details like Batman's homoerotic sword fight with Ra's

Deathstroke's son Grant died fighting the Teen Titans again just like in New Teen Titans #2. And what Priest has said about Lazarus Contract also suggests that Terra joining and then betraying the team is also back in continuity.
    I'd like to wait for the Titans/Deathstroke Lazarus Contract crossover to come out before updating this one, so we know the sequence of events a little more clearly.

Also, it may be a maybe, but the latest issue of Trinity seems to suggest that the Legion of Doom was formed at some point. We see a flashback panel of a bunch of villains, including Joker, Cheetah, Grodd, etc. all of whom are in their Pre-Flashpoint forms and are congregated in a big group.
    Ah, but which Legion of Doom and at what point in the timeline? Like with The Flash and Superman, the Legion of Doom's history is too vague at this point, particularly with Luthor's past crimes being somewhat contradictory.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 03-19-2017 at 09:21 PM.

BANNED

I will update Wonder Woman's history, but how does her time as an ambassador jibe with the current retcon that she's never returned to Paradise Island since she first left? Was she the Ambassador to the fake Paradise Island now? I am a few issues behind Rucka's Wonder Woman I kinda lost interest once Nicola Scott stopped doing the art.
    I think that the ambassador thing is being based on the fact that they reintroduced Ferdinand the minotaur. Which is kindof a great example of how different people see this stuff.

What happens: Ferdinand the minotaur shows up in a story as a friend of Diana's.
    What I think: This version of WW had a version of Ferdinand the Minotaur in her life. The writer is bringing him back because he likes the character.
    What some other people think: All of the stories that had Ferdinand the Minotaur in them must be back in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I think that the ambassador thing is being based on the fact that they reintroduced Ferdinand the minotaur. Which is kindof a great example of how different people see this stuff.

What happens: Ferdinand the minotaur shows up in a story as a friend of Diana's.
    What I think: This version of WW had a version of Ferdinand the Minotaur in her life. The writer is bringing him back because he likes the character.
    What some other people think: All of the stories that had Ferdinand the Minotaur in them must be back in continuity.
    So... nothing about her being an ambassador or the Goddess of Truth has actually been mentioned? Nothing outside of Ferdinand showing up?

BANNED

So... nothing about her being an ambassador or the Goddess of Truth has actually been mentioned? Nothing outside of Ferdinand showing up?
    I would have to go back and look, but that is the only thing I recall as I sit here that has anything to do with that period. There may be a graphic that is meant to illustrate her life once she got to America that might suggest such a thing.

I think over in another series they mention the book she authored, which is also from that period.

In the issue (can't remember which) the "snake" refers to her previous titles.

IMG_5337.jpg

and they add "I know I am missing some". Also, if you want to do a reach, in GLs they do a reference to Gataway City which was where Diana lived in the Bryne run (which was the one where she became Goddess of Truth) and Jessica asks "why did WW ever move from this place?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

IMG_5337.jpg

and they add "I know I am missing some". Also, if you want to do a reach, in GLs they do a reference to Gataway City which was where Diana lived in the Bryne run (which was the one where she became Goddess of Truth) and Jessica asks "why did WW ever move from this place?"
    That snake is a damn liar (lol).

But seriously, that sounds more like a general term for Wonder Woman, not literally a U.N. position type thing.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

IMG_5337.jpg

Its #17. Yeah, I think the snake's references alone are quite clear, especially since it is Rucka writing it and she was a literal ambassador during his first run. Plus, Ferdinand showing up again reinforces this. He was the cook in the embassy after all. And I too think the "missing some" comment alludes to the lost 10 years and their eventual return to the timeline.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 03-20-2017 at 10:33 AM.

I read that issue, but that was more Ares referencing Diana's previous lives, not confirmation that those things happened to her in the current history, which has clearly been altered. This is like Superman Blue and Wally West Red remembering their Pre-Flashpoint lives. Wally remembering being married to Linda doesn't mean he's married to Linda in the current continuity.

Ares taunting Diana with her previous titles as Ambassador and Goddess of Truth only means she had those titles in her old lives, not her current one, which is being rewritten as we speak, much like Superman & Lois Lane's lives together.

Until Rucka sorts out the mystery of the Truth and the Lies, Wonder Woman's current history is still up in the air.

The reference to Gateway City works though. I will update the timeline with that and put her time as the Goddess of Truth and Ambassador in italics, since it is likely that Rucka will bring those back in some form once all the dust settles
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 03-20-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Veteran Member

I think you may also want to update the Doom Patrol's history too? It looks like pretty much all their Pre-Flashpoint history is back in continuity. The current series, issue #3 has Larry referencing their time on Oolong Island (their headquarters during the Giffen run), Crazy Jane, and Rita and Cliff mentions that it was the Chief was the one who cause their accidents that turned them into freaks. And Flex Mentallo also talks about their past with the Men from N.O.W.H.E.R.E. So, that means that the entirety of the Morrison and Giffen runs are back in continuity. I wonder if that might mean their death (Doom Patrol #121) is in canon too. I think it probably does, but I'll leave you with that info as you wish.

Also, I'm assuming Young Animal is part of the mainstream DCU continuity. I think it is, but I'm not sure.

Also, I'm assuming Young Animal is part of the mainstream DCU continuity. I think it is, but I'm not sure.
    At this point, Young Animal seems to have spun off into it's on sub-universe like Vertigo did back in the '90s.

Interesting, Pandora merged Vertigo back into the DCU, along with Wildstorm, but both of them are back to being seperate, but connected, entities again with Rebirth.

I wonder....

That said, I think it would be awesome if Young Animal was in the DCU proper, because that would mean we get Wilddog and Cave Carson back