Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm just hoping that if this Doctor Fate isn't Kent Nelson and/or Khalid Nassour, but is indeed a hostless helmet, that DC isn't planning on keeping Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle and moving Ted over to be the newest Doctor Fate.
    I would prefer it if Khalid came back and remained Dr Fate. I really liked that he was Egyptian plus his book was pretty cool. Although I wouldn't be opposed to Ted as Dr Fate.

Jaime is pretty much Blue Beetle. That's not changing anytime soon since he has a higher profile than either Ted or Dan.
    NOT REMOVING UNTIL
    -Blue Beetle joins the Teen Titans
    -Static joins the Teen Titans
    -We get Young Justice Rebirth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I would prefer it if Khalid came back and remained Dr Fate. I really liked that he was Egyptian plus his book was pretty cool. Although I wouldn't be opposed to Ted as Dr Fate.

Jaime is pretty much Blue Beetle. That's not changing anytime soon since he has a higher profile than either Ted or Dan.
    I don't think Ted is going to become anything other than Ted.

Would Make Up For "Countdown To Infinite Crisis" ...

It would be pretty cool if Ted did get the classic Blue Beetle powers that Dan Garrett had, plus keep his technological accumen.

And the only way I see that happening (assuming it hasn't already), is if Ted becomes the new Doctor Fate.

Above all, though, let him keep building on his current status of leader of the local super-hero community!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Don't get this wrong but both are horrible ideas, especially Ted becoming Dr Fate. That's taking the BLUE & GOLD theme too far!

As to Khalid, he was Mr. Boring and just because he's Egyptian isn't really a reason why he should become Dr Fate. It's about the JSA coming back, not Earth 2 again so Nelson gets my vote. Dr Fate isn't Egyptian anyway, he's a Lord of Order who happened to mess around in Egypt as Nabu. It's more based on the Lovecraftian lore.

So while we're at it, let's make Hal Jordan the Spectre

BANNED

Why is everyone assuming Ted is going to become something else?

Quote Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    Don't get this wrong but both are horrible ideas, especially Ted becoming Dr Fate. That's taking the BLUE & GOLD theme too far!

As to Khalid, he was Mr. Boring and just because he's Egyptian isn't really a reason why he should become Dr Fate. It's about the JSA coming back, not Earth 2 again so Nelson gets my vote. Dr Fate isn't Egyptian anyway, he's a Lord of Order who happened to mess around in Egypt as Nabu. It's more based on the Lovecraftian lore.

So while we're at it, let's make Hal Jordan the Spectre
    Why is Ted becoming Dr Fate a horrible idea? Lol I think it could work!

As for Khalid, he wasn't boring at all, he seemed like a more modern take on Dr Fate. The JSA doesn't interest me at all since its a really dated concept that only a certain demographic and age group of comic fans appreciates.
    NOT REMOVING UNTIL
    -Blue Beetle joins the Teen Titans
    -Static joins the Teen Titans
    -We get Young Justice Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    . . . It's about the JSA coming back, not Earth 2 again so Nelson gets my vote.
    We already had Kent Nelson back as Doctor Fate (just not as the only one) in the recent series by Paul Levitz.
    But people here seem to think the new series is ignoring that nagging little detail.

If you want an interesting take on Dr Fate, putting the golden helment on Ted Kord is certainly a way to do that. Now, my knowledge of Ted is from the Super-Buddies stories. A scientific dude with a big sense of humor now dealing with a magical helmet on his head. That's story gold. It's not the Fate i want to see, but it would make for something interesting. Whether it's Giffen style gold, or whether it's Chinese "live in interesting times" curse interesting, that's up to seeing the actual comics and even then, up to interpretation.

Personally, I'd be leaning towards preferring an old Kent and and young Khalid. Old and young. Original and legacy.