Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Could you see Cavill's Superman becoming Injustice Superman

Given the Knightmare in BvS and all the hatred this Superman faces (or faced) from the public, could you see the above happening? Also, do you think this was the original plan for Justice League, before the BVS backlash, because personally I think it was.
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 03-18-2017 at 03:59 AM.

I don't know, after 2 movies where he barely talks, I don't think we've gotten to know him enough to make that judgement. They certainly seem to want us to THINK he could what with those knightmare sequences.

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Not the way Injustice Superman became the monster he was, no.

Under Snyder, I could see the New Gods exploiting Cavill's Superman's insecurities to mind control him, but he'd never go down the path Injustice Superman did. I think it'd more like what Dominus did with Superman or Darkseid in Superman: TAS, and he'd eventually regain control of himself.
    Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

I honestly think that was Bruce's Fears influencing things since you hear the sound of the world engine before the scene starts.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

No. Just.....NO.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Injustice? You are kidding right? Injustice would completely end up murdering Superman's reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I honestly think that was Bruce's Fears influencing things since you hear the sound of the world engine before the scene starts.
    I've always seen it as Darkseid trying to use Bruce to take Supes out in the same way he used Luthor. Luthor already intensely disliked Supes, so it was easy for him to be pushed to enact one part of the plan , but it was harder for Bruce to be taken over, so that vision was to play into Bruce's fear and paranoia and push him further to snapping. Batman just assumed the chaos he saw was BECAUSE of Superman and Superman alone.

I think Flash's brief appearance is intentially misleading us the audience to think that the nightmare sequence is connected to Flash's warning that Lois is the " key". Perhaps Lois' role in JUSTICE LEAGUE has to do more with Superman's resurrection...I.e....The key to give Superman extra insentive to fight back death and Return to save the world again?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

It would be absolutely stupid to do that. I'd stop watching anything from Snyder ever again if he goes that way and this is coming from someone who loved MoS and BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I've always seen it as Darkseid trying to use Bruce to take Supes out in the same way he used Luthor. Luthor already intensely disliked Supes, so it was easy for him to be pushed to enact one part of the plan , but it was harder for Bruce to be taken over, so that vision was to play into Bruce's fear and paranoia and push him further to snapping. Batman just assumed the chaos he saw was BECAUSE of Superman and Superman alone.

I think Flash's brief appearance is intentially misleading us the audience to think that the nightmare sequence is connected to Flash's warning that Lois is the " key". Perhaps Lois' role in JUSTICE LEAGUE has to do more with Superman's resurrection...I.e....The key to give Superman extra insentive to fight back death and Return to save the world again?
    Flash also said, "fear him, you were right about him, you were always right about him". Who do you think it was about? It can't be about anyone else save Superman in my opinion.
    Last edited by The Learner; 03-18-2017 at 06:15 AM.

The Injustice character is a villain who was retroactively made to be Superman. This makes him separate from the actual character of Superman as portrayed elsewhere.

I wonder if Lois becomes injustice superwoman who hates the world for creating doomsday due to alien paranoia and killing superman. don't ask me how she gains powers to become superwoman though.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Isn't he already Injustice Superman? #necksnap #notmuhsuperman #manofmurder

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Isn't he already Injustice Superman? #necksnap #notmuhsuperman #manofmurder

/sarcasm

Hey! Playing the irate MOS hating fanboy is my Sthick! Stop it.

Oh and...Man of murder! Man of Murder!

:P

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if we went this route.

And the next guy who thinks a revolutionary idea would be to make Superman an evil dictator-type "should be dragged out into the street and shot."

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    I don't know, after 2 movies where he barely talks, I don't think we've gotten to know him enough to make that judgement. They certainly seem to want us to THINK he could what with those knightmare sequences.
    A character or a person doesn't have to be super talkative and can be a man of few words, yet still show their character and personality. As they say, actions speak louder than words, and so do choices. We've seen a combination of actions, choices, and words to inform us who this Superman is. What exactly do you feel you don't know about him? When Clark's mother, Martha, was kidnapped and Lex said he had to kill Batman to save her, Superman chose to apologize to Batman and reach out to him so he could get his help instead of kill him. When Lex threatened Lois by throwing her off a building, he didn't kill him in retaliation. Superman only killed Zod to protect people that he couldn't protect via other means. And when he killed Zod, like Injustice Superman killed Joker, he didn't become a tyrant.

What Bruce saw was either a manipulation of his own mind by Darkseid or a possible future in which Superman was manipulated by Darkseid. I do think it was left ambiguous to reflect Bruce's point of view. However, we as an audience, who knows more than Bruce, have a choice about whether to respond as he did (so let ourselves fall into Darkseid's trap) or consider everything we've seen and everything we know about this Superman so far from his actions and conclude that, no, he wouldn't become a monster like that.

I still reckon the 'Knightmare' was planted by Lex - Bruce used the Batcomputer to decrypt what had been downloaded but didn't run a check (didn't see it, so it didn't happen ) and then - blammo - Knightmare.

That Lex and his cunning plans