Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
    Given the Knightmare in BvS and all the hatred this Superman faces (or faced) from the public, could you see the above happening? Also, do you think this was the original plan for Justice League, before the BVS backlash, because personally I think it was.
    If Snyder had his way completely? I think it'd be one heck of a possibility.

But as things stand, there's no way. Not even Snyder and WB are that stupid.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Astonishing Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Hey! Playing the irate MOS hating fanboy is my Sthick! Stop it.

Oh and...Man of murder! Man of Murder!

:P
    No, you play the angry fanboy yelling with capital letters making his best Mark Waid impersonation, I'm the quiet hater that deep down doesn't even care.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    No, you play the angry fanboy yelling with capital letters making his best Mark Waid impersonation, I'm the quiet hater that deep down doesn't even care.
    Ah. Yes. True....*clears throat*

SNYDERMAN SUX !! MAN OF MURDER IS NOT MUH SUPERMAN!! BRING BACK THE TRUNKS NOW!!!

Ah. I feel better now. Is that more my style?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ah. Yes. True....*clears throat*

SNYDERMAN SUX !! MAN OF MURDER IS NOT MUH SUPERMAN!! BRING BACK THE TRUNKS NOW!!!

Ah. I feel better now. Is that more my style?
    Yeah, that's more your style, Waid wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, that's more your style, Waid wannabe.
    Well I like Waid's writing, love Birthright and I respect his views on Superman, but ...Yeah he was wrong on MOS, or at least he could have acted more like a rational adult back then.

But I'm not referencing Waid in my various sarcastic " rants"but more accurately the near hysterical reactions to the film back then and the " Zack Snyder raped my childhood and tramatized my children " crowd that was coming here and elsewhere starting the week the movie was released. I don't know if you will remember or was even here then but I had fun lampooning that mentality then. 10 point text in multiple colors and as many exclamation points as it was humanly possible to use with ever more over the top proclamations to how Zack Snyder and MOS destroyed modern civilization etc.

Ah...The good old days....

Anyhow back to topic guys, nothing to see here...
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-18-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post

I agree, even if that WAS the initial Intention ( which I don't quite buy. I think there was Intentional audience misdirection employed there) with the backlash, there is no way Cav-El is going the INJUSTICE route, ever.

Well I like Waid's writing, love Birthright and I respect his views on Superman, but ...Yeah he was wrong on MOS, or at least he could have acted more like a rational adult back then.

But I'm not referencing Waid in my various sarcastic " rants"but more accurately the near hysterical reactions to the film back then and the " Zack Snyder raped my childhood and tramatized my children " crowd that was coming here and elsewhere starting the week the movie was released. I don't know if you will remember or was even here then but I had fun lampooning that mentality then. 10 point text in multiple colors and as many exclamation points as it was humanly possible to use with ever more over the top proclamations to how Zack Snyder and MOS destroyed modern civilization etc.

Ah...The good old days....
    Those discussions have dragged on until recently. Probably MoS was the most discussed film of the movie history, until BvS: DoJ come out of course.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-18-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Snyder Superman has little development. He doesn't seem to enjoy his gifts. He is a lonely man. Has control issues. He's has no friends. No Jimmy. No Bruce. No Diana. No Lana. No John Henry. He doesn't seem connected to Metropolis we see him loving his city say like Spiderman. Lois and his mother seem to be his only tether...and they made Lois his motivation in a huge way. If he loses Lois he prob could lose it. hat happened so far doesn't negate this Superman going an Injustice style fall from grace. But chances from all e have heard they learned not to go fully with Zak's dreary vision. Superman he'll do a 180 when he comes back. Prepare for smiles and wisecracks. But then didn't Injustice Superman before he lost his morals and marbles...was a bright happy guy? Had the same good upbringing etc and happy life? So is Injustice Superman a given if Superman loses his close human tethers? Seems that is what Dc been trying to push for a while. They need to stop that.

I saw it mentioned before. Btw, the "‘you were right about him" is a misdirect (if they don't change their mind ). Jay Oliva, the storyboard artist for BvS, on the knightmare sequence...

"What if what you saw was a Time Boom, a latent memory from the future when Flash comes back? If you look at the cut, he doesn’t go to sleep! He’s waiting for the [Lexcorp file decryption] and suddenly this [Knightmare sequence] comes in, and he’s jogged out of it seeing his own death. And what does he see? He sees Flash. And if you’re a DC fan, you know what’s happening. You know that Flash going back in time, that memory is now coming back to him… mind you, it’s jumbled.

The thing is that, it’s meant to be so kind of subtle, most audiences just think of it as a dream. And it’s meant to be that way. It’s just like in the comics when there might be some shadowy figure standing in the background, you don’t know who that character is until five issues down the line. The main purpose of that in the film – because people will probably say ‘why even have it, if it’s not going to be followed through?’ – I’m going to say: ‘Well, it’s there because it actually adds to… Bruce Wayne’s kind of mania. Because he sees this memory. He doesn’t quite know exactly what he saw, all it does is tell him is that Superman is bad.

And remember, when Flash goes back in time, he tells him ‘you were right about him.’ He doesn’t say exactly who ‘him’ is. The average audience member, and even Bruce Wayne, is going to think that he’s right about Superman, when in fact he’s referring to someone else."

http://screenrant.com/batman-v-super...are-not-dream/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post

Quite the backhanded compliment there. But there's no evidence that anyone involved in those movies has any inclination to turn a homicidal Superman into a persisting character. Syder didn't even write MoS anyway, he was the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Quite the backhanded compliment there. But there's no evidence that anyone involved in those movies has any inclination to turn a homicidal Superman into a persisting character. Syder didn't even write MoS anyway, he was the director.
    The only inclination they have is to shove Batman down our throats. That's the reason they added that whole Knightmare sequence.
    "Dice que soy un atrevido y solo le robe un beso."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Lol, yes it was.

My meaning with that was partially in reference to some of Zach's thoughts on Superheroes in general and some on Batman specifically, would mean that he'd lean that direction if he had full control of the sandbox with no fear of backlash. That's not that same as him doing so within the context of MoS or the DCEU. That said, I do think they might still do some kind of short-term "mind control" fight. But that's not the same thing.

And a case could be made for DC/WB having a history of using controversy as a promotional tool (MoS's neck-snap, Pa saying "Maybe..", how Lois outing Superman's secret in the New52 was promoted, etc).

All that having been said, they know not to take it that far, even if they had the inclination, which I agree they don't (or wouldn't let themselves, regardless). Cartainly not in the context of building this universe.

I do know that Snyder didn't write these - but directors do tend to have at least some say in what's written in a general sense (hence why writers sometimes change when a new director is found, depending on the property). Given the amount of leaway he was given by WB (and leaway that's generally been given to directors on Superman as a movie franchise historically), it strikes me that this would likely have been the case with MoS's universe initially.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

I'd really like to see it. All due respect to Cavill, his acting range has been very limited thus far in DC movies.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'd really like to see it. All due respect to Cavill, his acting range has been very limited thus far in DC movies.
    I really don't think that's on Cavill. Have you seen him in other parts? I'd especially recommend "The Man From U.N.C.L.E" but he's been very good (imo) in quite a bit, and even has some great moments in MoS (the army base scene where Lois talks with him while the military watches).
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Not that he has being given much to work with. After all they really wanted to make another Batman movie not a Superman one.
    "Dice que soy un atrevido y solo le robe un beso."