Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Expendable and replaced it is, then.

    Attachment 46816
    If you read the stories, both stories point to exact opposite. If he sent two teams after his first team then he obviously viewed the O5 as worth more then the lives of those second two teams. Who he did view as expendable. To him they weren't even X-Men they just a group that Moira found and the second group were randomers he put together and then ditched. It was Cyclops who trained the All New and Different X-Men. If anything that points to Xavier being possessive of his own X-Men the O5.

    He wiped Beasts memories.
    Recruited Jean without her parents consent.
    Abused Cyclops
    And took advantage of Angels wealth.

    The only one who probably got off easy was Iceman. Now stay on topic.

  2. #17
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    If you read the stories, both stories point to exact opposite. If he sent two teams after his first team then he obviously viewed the O5 as worth more then the lives of those second two teams. Who he did view as expendable. To him they weren't even X-Men they just a group that Moira found and the second group were randomers he put together and then ditched. It was Cyclops who trained the All New and Different X-Men. If anything that points to Xavier being possessive of his own X-Men the O5.

    He wiped Beasts memories.
    Recruited Jean without her parents consent.
    Abused Cyclops
    And took advantage of Angels wealth.

    The only one who probably got off easy was Iceman. Now stay on topic.
    I commented on a picture that you posted. You went off on the tangent.

    But thanks for admitting Xavier has used people he deems expendable and replaceable.
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I commented on a picture that you posted. You went off on the tangent.

    But thanks for admitting Xavier has used people he deems expendable and replaceable.
    No you're going off on a complete strawman. Xavier can be possessive of his own ideas and team and still consider certain people expendable particularly if they're not one of his own making.

    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-18-2017 at 11:18 AM.

  4. #19
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No you're going off on a complete strawman. Xavier can be possessive of his own ideas and team and still consider certain people expendable particularly if they're not one of his own making.

    So...your argument that Magneto is different than Xavier because Magneto considered lackeys expendable and replaceable...is that Xavier considered certain lackeys to be expendable and replaceable?
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So...your argument that Magneto is different than Xavier because Magneto considered lackeys expendable and replaceable...is that Xavier considered certain lackeys to be expendable and replaceable?
    No my argument is that Xavier is more possessive then Magneto. Magneto let his Brotherhood disband and he got several different iterations with completely different members. Xavier was possessive over the O5, I'd argue he's more controlling then Magneto.

    Both are arrogant, but Xavier will use his team to achieve his goals. While Magneto at the end of the day really just relies on himself. They're to sides of the same coin, but they operate ever so differently.

    And Onslaught itself was a fusion of Xavier's mind + only a sliver of Magnetos darkness.

    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-18-2017 at 11:30 AM.

  6. #21
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No my argument is that Xavier is more possessive then Magneto. Magneto let his Brotherhood disband and he got several different iterations with completely different members. Xavier was possessive over the O5, I'd argue he's more controlling then Magneto.

    Both are arrogant, but Xavier will use his team to achieve his goals. While Magneto at the end of the day really just relies on himself. They're to sides of the same coin, but they operate ever so differently.

    And Onslaught itself was a fusion of Xavier's mind + only a sliver of Magnetos darkness.
    I mean, when even Toad and the Blob ditch your ass, you just lack the panache to keep anyone around.

    Who'd wanna be possessive of either of those anyway. ::shudder::
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

  7. #22
    Incredible Member Marvelboy1974's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    779

    Default

    To block other telepathy out?

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    To block other telepathy out?
    Diamond form already does that

  9. #24

    Default

    So she took the visor from Cyclops' costume, the nails from Rachel's one and then she ran out of idea about what to put over her underwear?

    What does it do? It makes me laugh.

  10. #25
    Last of my kind ZNOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,425

    Default

    It covers up that flawless gouge in her left cheek...
    Last edited by ZNOP; 03-18-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,702

    Default

    She's not wearing the helmet on the new Secret Wars cover doesn't seem to have scratch in her diamond form there.

    With Cyclops death, does that mean the Void is free? It's not like it could ever die. It could keep the void locked in.

  12. #27
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    It covers up that flawless gouge in her left cheek...
    Thread needs a poll with a "Bad fashion choice, as Emma occasionally (*cough*often*cough*) does".
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

  13. #28
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Taking time off from 'Marvel Future Fight' on my cell
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Whenever i see her NXM diaper, I'm 50% laughing, 50% weeping.
    Genkai nante nai
    (No limits)
    Zettai nante nai
    (No absolutes)

  14. #29
    Last of my kind ZNOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She's not wearing the helmet on the new Secret Wars cover doesn't seem to have scratch in her diamond form there.
    We all saw and know that Medusa kept Emma's cheek so unless Emma had a tertiary mutation which grants her an accelerated healing factor she should be scared...

    With Cyclops death, does that mean the Void is free? It's not like it could ever die. It could keep the void locked in.
    The Void "sliver" may very well be free but, I'm gonna run with it being trapped in a some kind of psychic limbo since it was trapped somewhere in Scott's mind when he died. I'm not gonna entertain the notion of Emma becoming Onslaught-ish so she can save face (pun intended ) in the eyes of her fans.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 03-18-2017 at 07:00 PM.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

  15. #30
    Mighty Member Minerboh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Ever since Claremont left, Xavier took a darker path for sure.

    As for Emma's new costume... I find it horrible.
    Emma's had a very cool costume during Whendon's era.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •