Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    For the people like me who care about characters being portrayed consistently it doesn't matter. Kurt is not someone who complains like the preview makes him out to be.
    were you buying Moon Girl previously?

Always thought it was a book more aimed at kids, not that others can't enjoy it, but I always find it silly for people who don't buy the book and have no interest in buying it offended by the content.
    Current Pull: Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Ultimates, USAvengers, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Jones.

Seriously? You already started a thread in the X-Book forums to complain about the preview. Was a second one really necessary?

This Week's Comics: Iceman #3, Star Trek: Boldly Go #10, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #72, Saga #45, Usagi Yojimbo v 31

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsm24 View Post
    Forge's hand is robotic again, when it's already been shown to have been restored to organic ever since Cable repaired his mind, and it was shown to still be organic again in I vs X , as drawn by Leinel Yu, yet every time he appears with MoonGirl (as well as the entirety of Jeff Lenore's tenure) it's somehow still robotic again! What the hell is going on? And how the hell could a 9 year old girl be smarter than all the other geniuses of Marvel Earth?!
    How did Forge regain his organic limbs again?
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

I disagree!

It's a wonderful book, one that fits a niche that Marvel has always struggled with, and is great fun while also being capable of fantastic drama. I love the series.

And as an X-Men fan, I'm more than willing to overlook any odd characterization in the name of a fun story.

I agree that Kurt's portrayal is not the best(sounds like Evolution Kurt, I guess that may be what they were thinking), but saying a book is terrible just because of how a guest star is written for one issue is kinda of an exaggeration.

How great was Kurt's characterization in Extraordinary? How many characters had to be tdumbed down to tell Lemire's "great" stories? Where was the outrage then?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

this was not good reading. Kurt sounded dumb
    X-Fan for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    That's how they make Moon Girl the smartest. Turn everyone else into idiots.
    Not to mention it took ages for Forge to create a machine to get rid of the cloud, and Moon Girl made a red button in like a second.

Also, I'm gonna miss this look for Piotr.
    I like guys, comics, and traveling. // follow me @ nickmadmen
    “Sure, this will probably end up being another in a long line of emotionally crippling misadventures,
    but let's try to have some fun along the way.”
    ― Brian K. Vaughan, Y: The Last Man

I was under the impression this book was more aimed at kids correct? So even if the X-Men are portrayed a bit differently I'm not going to lose my mind over it, it's just one guest appearance.

Spectacular Member

This book is aimed at kids, so to make the characters relatable, even guest appearances, they are portrayed as behaving like their target audience.

This practice isn't new in comics, when a character has to be powered down or act out of character to make the new kid in town look strong. Plus Moon Girl is Great! my daughter likes her so shes ok in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    How great was Kurt's characterization in Extraordinary? How many characters had to be tdumbed down to tell Lemire's "great" stories? Where was the outrage then?
    Tbh there was quite an outrage about Lemire's Storm.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    then don't buy it and it won't bug you anymore. see? problem fixed.
    Amen to that.

I've been enjoying the series and the preview looks okay to me (I totally loved how DD travel with Lunella and the X-men, so cute xdd)

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    It's no excuse for the portrayal of these characters.
    I don't necessarily disagree. I just don't think it's a thing to get worked up over, either.
    "Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos."

Are you guys really calling this "bad reading" because of Kurt??? You guys are really just trying to find something to dislike tbh.