Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I find Valeria to be equally as ridiculous but difference is, Valeria isn't the protagonist of her own solo that writes her to be the smartest at the expense of everyone around her.
    I'm not sure other characters are suffering because Moon Girl has her own title...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    See Tony Stark and Scott Summers.
    True. But both of those characters are given Byronic manpain backstories to justify their dickish behaviour.
    There's also a gender element at play. Is Lunella really that arrogant, or have we just been conditioned to expect female characters, especially children, to act sweet and nice, so it seems more egregious when they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Are people complaining that Lunella is a Mary Sue but then talk about flaws in her character??
    I bet these are the same people who claimed that Rey in The Force Awakens is a Mary Sue, despite her arguably having a backstory that explained her feats of skill better than Luke Skywalker's backstory did, and he was just as great at everything he tried.

Ultimate Member

I find Valeria to be equally as ridiculous but difference is, Valeria isn't the protagonist of her own solo that writes her to be the smartest at the expense of everyone around her.
    Guess you never read Batman.

Stuff likes this happens all the time. You read it or you don't.

This is not John Stewart case where you only see him butchered in one Green Lantern book. Kurt and all those guys in appear in way more books to where whatever happens in Moon Girl's book won't get you cat calls of Logan is boring! Kurt is crybaby! Like you see with John Stewart or Cyborg or Duke Thomas.

And yes Majestik was right you didn't hear all this with Val-solo book or not. It was just accepted. And view as a trait for her not a call to boycott Fantastic Four.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

This is not John Stewart case where you only see him butchered in one Green Lantern book. Kurt and all those guys in appear in way more books to where whatever happens in Moon Girl's book won't get you cat calls of Logan is boring! Kurt is crybaby! Like you see with John Stewart or Cyborg or Duke Thomas.

And yes Majestik was right you didn't hear all this with Val-solo book or not. It was just accepted. And view as a trait for her not a call to boycott Fantastic Four.
    Batman actually gets out smarted in his own book.And people do get pissed when he's hyped up to much outside of it.Why do you think the term 'BatGod' was made?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I bet these are the same people who claimed that Rey in The Force Awakens is a Mary Sue, despite her arguably having a backstory that explained her feats of skill better than Luke Skywalker's backstory did, and he was just as great at everything he tried.
    HA! And Anakin "I can make fully functional AIs & blow up Sith starships @ ten years old" Skywalker.

True. But both of those characters are given Byronic manpain backstories to justify their dickish behaviour.
    There's also a gender element at play. Is Lunella really that arrogant, or have we just been conditioned to expect female characters, especially children, to act sweet and nice, so it seems more egregious when they don't.
    Only in the past few years( maybe a decade by now) have Tony and Scott have been written this way though. They haven't been written to this kind of dickery prior to Marvel dismantling both Avengers and X-Men.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 03-19-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Fan Fiction at its' best! Join Us At Age Of Marvels!

Fantastic Member

I wouldnt call her a Mary sue myself.But the difference is that we actually saw Luke training in using the force. Neither Luke nor Anakian were using the force to its its fullest extent in the Movie they were introduced. That is what pushed her into OP territory to me.

As for her backstory.Its not the fault of the viewers that the director decided to cut a important flashback scene which could have justifyed it.
    Last edited by Baseman; 03-19-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Accepted? I'm sorry, but I've seen numerous people who find Valeria to be insufferable. Hell even in-universe her own future self finds her to be annoying.

And while you can try to say that it's a matter of either read it or don't, that doesn't exactly work in a shared universe when the character starts to be pushed by Marvel. Outside of her solo, she's already appeared in 2 events (one of which made no sense for her to even be there considering the reason she was called in), another solo, an X-Men Annual and will be a part of a team book that it's ridiculous to put a 9 year old in.

Why should Lunella get short changed in her own book?
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

At least Valeria make sense. Moon Girl was just create to be a Mary Sue.
    Magneto/Cyclops/Batman/Deathstroke/Punisher

while we're at it, you know what really ticks me off, this Nate The Great guy...

Who exactly decided he was so great? Don't they realize that his so-called 'greatness' really diminishes characters who have earned their greatness, like Spider-Man??
    wtf?

1) Once again. If you don't like a given comic book, simply stop purchasing that comic book and your problem will go away.

2) That's not what "Mary Sue" means.
    The Jack is BACK.

MY SITE

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    1) Once again. If you don't like a given comic book, simply stop purchasing that comic book and your problem will go away.

2) That's not what "Mary Sue" means.
    The thing that cracks me up with most of these Lunella haters is that their not even reading her book but still feel the need to whine.

As you've eloquently stated, readers who don't like Moon Girl are under no obligation to punish themselves reading her book.

It's really that simple.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.