Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 187
  1. #91
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    At least Valeria make sense. Moon Girl was just create to be a Mary Sue.
    Do you realise how ridiculous sounding this comment is?

    It'seems like some of you throw this "mary-sue" phrase around willy nilly without applying critical thought to the equation.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  2. #92
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Why should Lunella get short changed in her own book?
    I never said anything about her getting short changed unless you consider the other characters actually being consistent between guest appearances in her book and their appearances in their own as short changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The thing that cracks me up with most of these Lunella haters is that their not even reading her book but still feel the need to whine.

    As you've eloquently stated, readers who don't like Moon Girl are under no obligation to punish themselves reading her book.

    It's really that simple.
    And as I had stated in a previous post, not reading a character you don't want to becomes harder the more that they're pushed by Marvel. And Marvel is certainly starting to push her more.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 03-19-2017 at 05:55 PM.

  3. #93
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I never said anything about her getting short changed unless you consider the other characters actually being consistent between guest appearances in her book and their appearances in their own as short changing.
    The question I asked was why Lunella should be shortchanged in her own solo book.

    Most non-mutant characters who have the misfortune of appearing in a book with the X-men or related event get chumped to ooc hell so........
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  4. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    while we're at it, you know what really ticks me off, this Nate The Great guy...

    Who exactly decided he was so great? Don't they realize that his so-called 'greatness' really diminishes characters who have earned their greatness, like Spider-Man??
    wtf?
    This character wasn't introduced into a well established universe, so you never get in a situation where say Spiderman shows up in this book and gets jobbed.

  5. #95
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The question I asked was why Lunella should be shortchanged in her own solo book.

    Most non-mutant characters who have the misfortune of appearing in a book with the X-men or related event get chumped to ooc hell so........
    And having a character act in-character is shortchanging her how exactly? Unless you're insinuating that other characters not being dumbed down would result in her being outshined. Because if that is the case, she's not really all that an impressive character to begin with.

    Plenty of characters have guest starred in someone else's book and been treated with plenty of respect, especially when it comes to the fact that part of the reason for a guest appearance is for fan service value while possibly getting their fans to buy your book at least for the issue/s. Disrespecting the characters doesn't exactly make fans of said character/s want to return.

  6. #96
    Kurtty Fan Slicknickshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    wait, so this whole deal is all over some three page preview where Nightcrawler acts in a certain way that doesn't gel with your sense of his character?
    give me a break. Different writers are going to have different takes on different characters. Just because Kurt isn't imitating Errol Flynn or quoting passages from the Bible doesn't make him out of character. He doesn't like taking the train... that's it. If I could teleport, I wouldn't like public transportation either. I can't teleport and I still don't care much for public transportation.
    If you crystalize in amber an inflexible notion of who a character is and how they behave then you're never going to be happy.
    This isn't just a little ooc. I can handle it. Kurt doesn't complain at all like In this preview. Not shocked this marvel forum is against X-Men tho.

  7. #97
    Senior Member Doc Sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This isn't just a little ooc. I can handle it. Kurt doesn't complain at all like In this preview. Not shocked this marvel forum is against X-Men tho.
    gibe me a break. You started this thread, complaining about an all ages book that doesn't portray Nightcrawler exactly how you want him to be. I don't think anyone replying t this thread is anti-x-men, rather just anti-pettiness.
    The Nightcrawler I know and grew up with was a carefree swashbuckler... now he is all morose and pious. But I'm not going to lose my shit over it because different writers crying different things to the table; and characters should grow, develop and change. Skip the book. If I'm not mistaken there is an actual issue of Extraordinary X-Men hitting the stands the very same day. Read that one instead. Problem solved.

  8. #98
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    3,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Not shocked this marvel forum is against X-Men tho.
    And unless this thread veers away from that erroneous impression, I don't see it staying active for long.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, SHSO player, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。

  9. #99
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And having a character act in-character is shortchanging her how exactly? Unless you're insinuating that other characters not being dumbed down would result in her being outshined. Because if that is the case, she's not really all that an impressive character to begin with.

    Plenty of characters have guest starred in someone else's book and been treated with plenty of respect, especially when it comes to the fact that part of the reason for a guest appearance is for fan service value while possibly getting their fans to buy your book at least for the issue/s. Disrespecting the characters doesn't exactly make fans of said character/s want to return.
    Dude, when non-mutant characters stop getting chumped out in X-related books and events I'll be more than happy to see your point but until then......

    It is what is.

    If it's not T'Challa, Wakanda, the Inhumans and now, Lunella, some fans of the X-books always seem to have something negative to say about other characters without the x-gene.

    I personally really don't care for the X-verse which is why I never create threads or post in X-related threads on the X-forums, but for some unfathomable reason, it's fashionable for hate threads to be posted in the Marvel forum by some disgruntled readers just because....
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 03-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  10. #100
    Junior Member Revoirver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kolong Langit
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This isn't just a little ooc. I can handle it. Kurt doesn't complain at all like In this preview. Not shocked this marvel forum is against X-Men tho.
    wow ; I am impress how you can spin it about everyone against X-men.
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

  11. #101
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sonic View Post
    gibe me a break. You started this thread, complaining about an all ages book that doesn't portray Nightcrawler exactly how you want him to be. I don't think anyone replying t this thread is anti-x-men, rather just anti-pettiness.
    The Nightcrawler I know and grew up with was a carefree swashbuckler... now he is all morose and pious. But I'm not going to lose my shit over it because different writers crying different things to the table; and characters should grow, develop and change. Skip the book. If I'm not mistaken there is an actual issue of Extraordinary X-Men hitting the stands the very same day. Read that one instead. Problem solved.
    The thing that kills me here is that Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur is a book aimed at a much younger audience featuring a 9 year old child prodigy who actually falls well within the misunderstood and alienated wheelhouse that is the X-men's purview.

    One would think that this would make her story more appealing to that readership.

    I guess it would be different if Lunella wasn't a child of Terrigenesis as opposed to the atom.
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  12. #102

    Default

    I read the preview, kurt acts a little more childish than he normally would but it wasn't that big a deal to me.

    I thought it was a decent preview.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-19-2017 at 07:51 PM.

  13. #103
    Junior Member GrandEleven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    And [...] I'm more than willing to overlook any odd characterization in the name of a fun story.
    Oh Bendis ....

    (I kid I kid)

  14. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And while you can try to say that it's a matter of either read it or don't, that doesn't exactly work in a shared universe when the character starts to be pushed by Marvel. Outside of her solo, she's already appeared in 2 events (one of which made no sense for her to even be there considering the reason she was called in), another solo, an X-Men Annual and will be a part of a team book that it's ridiculous to put a 9 year old in.
    So let's go through those appearances.

    IvX: It made sense for her to be there, what with being an Inhuman, and one Ms. Marvel has met already, and one with a dinosaur. And she didn't play that big a role in it - she just helped Forge modify a device he'd invented.

    Monsters Unleashed: The world was under attack by monsters, of course she would be trying to do something. But it's worth noting that her intelligence wasn't even the main thing she brought to the story. She figured out how to translate the language of the monsters, but her main role was to provide moral support to Kei. Also, it's an event about monsters, it made sense for Devil to be included, and that meant it made sense for Lunella to be included.

    Wasp: Nadia's putting together a think tank of brilliant young women. It makes sense to ask Lunella. And in the story, Lunella didn't actually really solve anything.

    The X-Men Annual: She and Forge argued and debated a little about a rocket she was building. It was really just a cute story, and it didn't really try to paint Lunella as better than Forge, it was just the writer wanting to do a story where Forge met Lunella.

    Secret Warriors: Well, since we know little about the book, it's hard to say that it's "ridiculous" for Lunella to be there. The book may justify her presence quite reasonably.

    When people bitch about how Marvel "pushes" Lunella, you'd think she was showing up everywhere so she could make everyone look bad. But she's had a handful of cameos, with pretty much all of them making sense, and I would wager they're the result of other writers liking the character, rather than some sort of big editorial fiat.

    When she shows up in Avengers in order to outsmart Doom, then maybe you'll have a case. But right now? It's petty complaining that a character you don't like exists.

  15. #105
    Junior Member GrandEleven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    1) Once again. If you don't like a given comic book, simply stop purchasing that comic book and your problem will go away.
    The entire point to visiting a message board is to interact with others and share your opinion. If you don't want to hear conflicting opinions, stop visiting message boards and your problems will go away. See how that response works both ways?

    Sometimes i think too many people have confused a conflicting opinion with somehow being "wrong" and needing correction.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •