Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Yes, I minor role in a straight to DVD animated movie. Or are you saying because of that movie Batwing is a bigger character than Cass?
    These days, he might be.

Look, maybe if we went back in time 10 years Cass' solo as Batgirl would hold more bearing. But given that its 2017, and Cass is coming off being out of print for almost as long as she was in print, has little to no other media appearances, and no longer has the Batgirl role. She doesn't really have much going for her over characters who have regularly been in print these last 10 years, and who while might not have many other media appearances still has more then Cass does.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-18-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Implying that Kate is a bigger character than Cass..
    I thought this was who he trusted the most not who the bigger character is by whatever qualifier.

Dick, Tim and Kate are likely the usual suspects but I actually place Jason after them in general terms and exactly because of everything they went throught, all the hardness, stress, love/hate thing and still they don`t give up on each other. Pre-Flashpoint Barbara was up there but she`s been living on her own world for a while now. Damian and Cass come next. They`re still young to be trusted with the same level of responsabiity than the older guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I thought this was who he trusted the most not who the bigger character is by whatever qualifier.
    I only brought up who the "bigger" character was because the person I responded to said at the end of his rankings something along the lines of, "Among the bigger characters", having excluded several members.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dick>Selina>Damian>Tim>Kate>Duke>Cass>Luke>Jason>S teph>Babs>Jean-Paul
    I don't see why Jason and Barbara are that low on the list, Batman called them in for help during most of the pre rebirth events.

Cass on the other hand was just reintroduced, and based on the last issues I would say that she is not really "menatly stable" (don't no if that the right expression). She is a strong fighter but I don#t thin that she is really reliable at the moment.

I thought Batman assembled the Tec' team because he didn't trust any its members, not really, and this way he could keep and eye on them. And Batman shouldn't trust Jason on principle, no superhero should. For Jason's own sake. I know Red Hood has more less been neutered but that they should at least keep some illusion of Red Hood as a wild card.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-19-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

1) Alfred
    2) Dick
    3) Babs
    4) Grant Morrison
    5) Ace the Bathound
    6) Bill Finger
    7) Jim Gordon
    8) Cassie
    9) all the other Robins
    10) Batwing
    11) Ben Affleck
    12) Batfink
    13) Pre-Crisis Superman
    14) Adam West
    15) Bob Kane

No wait, I think Ace should maybe be higher....;-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

But more seriously... I do really think Ace & Jim should be on the list. Even though Bruce doesn't usually overtly name his secret identity to Jim, it's at least usually implied there's an agreement he can't go there, and Jim's who he's sought support from many times when it feels like there's no one else.
    And as for Ace.... Come on, man's best friend yo :-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Jim should be on more lists. I agree, but at the same time they have a bit of a need to know relationship. For their mutual benefit there is only so much Batman could trust Jim with.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-19-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I thought Batman assembled the Tec' team because he didn't trust any its members, not really, and this way he could keep and eye on them. And Batman shouldn't trust Jason on principle, no superhero should. For Jason's own sake. I know Red Hood has more less been neutered but that they should at least keep some illusion of Red Hood as a wild card.
    Precisaly, right now is a wild card as a villain, due to his attempt to assasinate the mayor, for everyone outside the core of the Batfamily. The only ones who know the truth are Alfred, Dick, Damian, Duke and presumibly Clark.

Bruce didn't say anything to anyone about his deal with Jason, only Tim supposed it, and Bruce didn't want to admit it at first.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 03-19-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Why is Jim Gordon not on the list? Is this list only for the Batfam? How about people from the Justice League?? How about Leslie Thompkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    Batman doesn't trust in anyone completely.
    Agreed; hell, he barely trusts himself sometimes these days.

Oh, as for his trust/interaction with Babs, there was more of that in the post-Flashpoint Batgirl series when Gail Simone was writing it.

Precisely. To most of the superhero community he is. But this is about Bruce. Counterproductive as it may seem their relationship and road actualy shows a level of trust you can`t just chalk as anything but. This isn`t something that was simply set on RATHO but on Morrison`s INC and Pak`s Annual as well.

Jim should be on more lists. I agree, but at the same time they have a bit of a need to know relationship. For their mutual benefit there is only so much Batman could trust Jim with.
    I said in the description that Alfred and Jim didn't need to go on lists because one was the obvious number 1, and the other isn't technically Bat family. It I DID include Jim, I'd certainly put him on the same level as Pre-Flashpoint Dick, Babs, and Cass. The connection is certainly there, and as far as the identity thing goes, back in No Man's Land, Bruce was 100% ready to reveal himself.

I thought Batman assembled the Tec' team because he didn't trust any its members, not really, and this way he could keep and eye on them.
    Well... that's partially true, but it's more complicated than that. He clearly trusts Kate since he, of his own volition, revealed his identity to her, and partially sought her out to keep her from warning Jacob what was up. He trusts Tim as well since he had talked to him about the general idea before. And he mentions early on that he trusts Steph, too. Cass and Clayface fit more closely, but it's still not that clear-cut.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Rookie Member

Batman's trust of Batwoman isn't clear cut.

Batwoman has a bit of a rivalry thing going that doesn't help, 'what can Batwoman do that Batman can't' and all that, makes her seem a bit like Damian in that regard with needing to prove herself. Plus, there was his recruiting her to the 'Tec team to keep from joining the colony and her father, so he kept secrets from her and had an ulterior motive, but at the same time he trusts her to train the other members and lead them.

She was by his side in 'Tec, and was by his side more than even Nightwing during the Monster Men crossover. But she does things her own way that he doesn't approve of like using guns, but he doesn't try to stop her, so the trust levels are not clear. Plus, it's muddied by her not trusting him, since she accuses of Julia of being Batman's Spy and so thinks Batman is spying on her in her solo.