Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 428
  1. #106
    Mighty Member NightwingIvI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Anywhere but Blüdhaven
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Dick's strength in Grayson wasn't his intelligence; it was his people skills. His ability to read and manipulate people. Tim is not good at that kinda thing. As an introvert, he wouldn't really fit into the James Bond role.

    On totally unrelated note, I also think that it is funny that Dick is the only Robin to have come up with an original name.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  2. #107
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Dick's strength in Grayson wasn't his intelligence; it was his people skills. His ability to read and manipulate people. Tim is not good at that kinda thing. As an introvert, he wouldn't really fit into the James Bond role.

    I also think that it is funny that Dick is the only Robin to have come up with an original name.
    No he didn't. Nightwing is based in the Superman mythos.

  3. #108
    Mighty Member NightwingIvI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Anywhere but Blüdhaven
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    No he didn't. Nightwing is based in the Superman mythos.
    Robin 10char
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  4. #109
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Robin 10char
    Ah, alright.

  5. #110
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,943

    Default

    How does the idea of Red Robin-Prime sound?

  6. #111
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I wonder. Is it actually possible for Tim Drake fans to gather and discuss the character without hating on or badmouthing a more successful or doing better than your favourite bat sidekick. You guys have too much spite and you covert far too much.

    No Tim shouldn't have had Grayson. That role was Dick's and he was perfection in it.
    Tim would have been rubbish as Agent37. He is last person in the bat family that would work in that role. He just doesn't fit that role.

    You guys kept going on about how Tim should have been the Spy. How he would have a made better spy than Dick. This book would be so much better with Tim excreta excreta when the title was still going and now that's over the run is over you're still going on about it.

    Stop coveting.

    And while we are on this. No Tim shouldn't be next Night Owl or the next Blue Beetle or the next RedBird. Why is he always squeezing into other roles and costumes already establish by other people? If he wants something different then let him come up with his own thing.

    I don't see why he needs anew name Red Robin if fine and the Red Robin solo was okay so why not carry on with another solo.


    LMFAO at "Grayson was the reason the new 52 failed" I don't think I've ever heard anything so hilarious, insane and stupid.
    It's a good thing none of your favorite characters have ever taken on someone else's role
    IMG_9299.jpg
    or else your complaints might look a little inconsistent

    I could go on about how Tim as an Agent of Spyral might have worked, but Grayson did it fine so I accept it.

    Red Robin had a chance to be a great mantle on par with Nightwing and Batgirl, but that time has passed. It has too many negative connotations and failed to become anything more than "Robin but not Robin". He needs a new name. Whether it's someone else's name or something new, people aren't going to get behind Red Robin again.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 03-20-2017 at 12:45 PM.

  7. #112
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It's a good thing none of your favorite characters have ever taken on someone else's role
    IMG_9299.jpg
    or else your complaints might look a little inconsistent

    I could go on about how Tim as an Agent of Spyral might have worked, but Grayson did it fine so I accept it.

    Red Robin had a chance to be a great mantle on par with Nightwing and Batgirl, but that time has passed. It has too many negative connotations and failed to become anything more than "Robin but not Robin". He needs a new name. Whether it's someone else's name or something new, people aren't going to get behind Red Robin again.
    While I certainly believe Tim could have made a good agent, it would have been a VERY different book than the one we got, and I honestly don't think it would have been as good.

    I'm a person. I still like the Red Robin name. I know other people. They like the Red Robin name. A small sample group yes, but clearly not everyone is as angry at the name as you make them out to be.

    And lastly, while I maintain that "Batman and Robin" was a great book, I never did come around to liking it in CONCEPT, because, much like Tim wasn't the best Batfam member suited to be a secret agent, I believe Dick wasn't the best pick to take the Batman mantle.

    Yes, even with my feelings having softened toward Dick, and him having returned to being one of my favorite heroes, I still feel this way.

  8. #113
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Midnight.

    His Red Robin costume looked a lot like Dr. Mid-Nite.

    It's too good a name to waste on a Spirit copy.

  9. #114
    Mighty Member FishyZombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't see why he needs anew name Red Robin if fine and the Red Robin solo was okay so why not carry on with another solo.
    that's because Red Robin is a burger joint, not a Superhero.

  10. #115
    Mighty Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    I wonder if he returned he remained anonymous and adopted a villains identity to be a matches Malone like figure who could ostensibly try to be a information broker for the criminals but is in fact denuding them gathering evidence on their crimes and disbanding gangs, criminal enterprises and draining the resources of the super villains. He could keep his identity secret even from bat family for specific period of time for specific reason like naming a master criminal or something and ostensibly fight them.
    The Self is the only existing reality

  11. #116
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I wonder if he returned he remained anonymous and adopted a villains identity to be a matches Malone like figure who could ostensibly try to be a information broker for the criminals but is in fact denuding them gathering evidence on their crimes and disbanding gangs, criminal enterprises and draining the resources of the super villains. He could keep his identity secret even from bat family for specific period of time for specific reason like naming a master criminal or something and ostensibly fight them.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Batfamily keeping big secrets from each other. Me no likey!

    Not to mention, Tim would have to be the world's biggest douchebag to hide the fact that he was still alive from his friends, mentor, and girlfriend.

    Actually, that WOULD fit with his New52 characterization, but we should all be trying to FORGET about that.

  12. #117
    Mighty Member theoneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Batfamily keeping big secrets from each other. Me no likey!

    Not to mention, Tim would have to be the world's biggest douchebag to hide the fact that he was still alive from his friends, mentor, and girlfriend.

    Actually, that WOULD fit with his New52 characterization, but we should all be trying to FORGET about that.
    come on don't be such a drama queen as Bruce did the same thing when he returned and so did night wing after forever evil. if its excusable for them Tim could do the same thing especially if there was a cogent reason like his filling a niche and stopping a major criminal organization or master criminal. Anyway the bat family would be happy seeing him alive so they would forgive him jason expected who did not take dicks deception kindly but hey they are family and family is there to forgive.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-20-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    The Self is the only existing reality

  13. #118
    Ultimate Member Assam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    come on don't be such a drama queen as Bruce and dick did the same thing when he returned. if its excusable for them Tim could do the same thing especially if there was a cogent reason like his filling a niche and stopping a major criminal organization or master criminal. Anyway the bat family would be happy seeing him alive so they would forgive him jason expected who did not take dicks deception kindly but hey they are family and family is there to forgive.
    That kind of thing is in character for Bruce and Dick though. They're ALWAYS pulling this shit. It's not Tim's MO.

  14. #119
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No Tim shouldn't be next Night Owl or the next Blue Beetle or the next RedBird.
    The Redbird was the name of Tim's car and motorcycle since 1993. If he wants to use that name, he has every freaking rights.

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    3,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It's a good thing none of your favorite characters have ever taken on someone else's role
    IMG_9299.jpg
    or else your complaints might look a little inconsistent

    I could go on about how Tim as an Agent of Spyral might have worked, but Grayson did it fine so I accept it.

    Red Robin had a chance to be a great mantle on par with Nightwing and Batgirl, but that time has passed. It has too many negative connotations and failed to become anything more than "Robin but not Robin". He needs a new name. Whether it's someone else's name or something new, people aren't going to get behind Red Robin again.
    I like Red Robin. I've gotten used to it and Tim made it into something good in his solo book so he can do it again.

    I don't know why the bat boys have such a problem coming up hero names. But Tim takes the cake it getting ludicrous. At least Dick managed Robin and Damian came up with RedBird. They just need to work on their sense of style and Lack of understanding what makes a functional and practical Superhero costume.





    Damian's RedBird costume is more suited to the catwalk than fighting. It's very dramatic and just too High fashion for chasing tramps down Gotham Alleys.

    That Rebird costume is styling. Say what you will about Damian Wayne but the boy has style.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •