Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    that's because Red Robin is a burger joint, not a Superhero.
    Yeah I've seen the memes but I live in the UK and we don't have those here so maybe that's why I don't have issues with the name.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah I've seen the memes but I live in the UK and we don't have those here so maybe that's why I don't have issues with the name.
    I live in New York, and I've never even seen a Red Robin.

Hell, Tim took on the mantle of Red Robin before I'd even HEARD of the restaurant chain.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Get his wingsuit back and get a solo book.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I live in New York, and I've never even seen a Red Robin.

Hell, Tim took on the mantle of Red Robin before I'd even HEARD of the restaurant chain.
    I don't care that it's a restaurant. So what? I'm not a Tim fan but you have to admit that he took that name and made it his own. Red Robin earned his hero strips on the pages of The Red Robin solo.

He can do that again.

I don't care that it's a restaurant. So what? I'm not a Tim fan but you have to admit that he took that name and made it his own. Red Robin earned his hero strips on the pages of The Red Robin solo.

He can do that again.
    Dude, I'm one of the guys DEFENDING the Red Robin name. I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    Get his wingsuit back and get a solo book.
    Please no wing suit. Just thinking about it makes me want to barf.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    The Redbird was the name of Tim's car and motorcycle since 1993. If he wants to use that name, he has every freaking rights.
    Damian didn't know abut the car and car is not a Superhero identity.

But You know i'm feeling generous Tim can use it. He can even use the costume since he's so into hand me downs and like's dressing like other heroes. Tim can be Redbird now Damian's done with it.

It was only a matter of time before Tim starting getting Damian's hand me downs.

You don't normally see older bigger people getting hand me downs from younger smaller individuals but whatever Damian's already taken so much from Tim .

Plus Tim has recently been cosplaying as/ trying resemble Robin in Tec despite not being one so it's no biggie it was already going that way.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2017 at 09:51 PM.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Please no wing suit. Just thinking about it makes me want to barf.
    I liked it. to me it gave him his own distinct look It was for that reason I disliked when he went back to the old robin suit in tec I felt like he was going backwards.

Plus it displayed his technical skills building those machine wings that can deflect bullets it gives him something unique to him he can either use offensively or defensively

Red Robin Tim Wing Trick.jpg
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Dude, I'm one of the guys DEFENDING the Red Robin name. I really like it.
    Oh I know sorry if that came off as me snapping at you just at the people who keep saying things like Red Robin Yum. It's like, "I know we get it" but some people to this day do that same meme every time the name pops up.

Sorry mate wasn't an attack on you I should have started my post with" I know right". Wasn't meant to be accusatory,I was agreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    Plus it displayed his technical skills building those machine wings that can deflect bullets it gives him something unique to him he can either use offensively or defensively
    Bat folks are always getting flying tech then forgetting about it. Nightwing had what was it.. Amazonian flying cloth making up the wings of his post disco Blue and yellow outfit, and they were used like once.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Incredible Member

Damian didn't know abut the car and car is not a Superhero identity.

But You know i'm feeling generous Tim can use it. He can even use the costume since he's so into hand me downs and like's dressing like other heroes. Tim can be Redbird now Damian's done with it.

It was only a matter of time before Tim starting getting Damian's hand me downs.

You don't normally see older bigger people getting hand me downs from younger smaller individuals but whatever Damian's already taken so much from Tim .

Plus Tim has recently been cosplaying as/ trying resemble Robin in Tec despite not being one so it's no biggie it was already going that way.
    Damian is a character, he does what his writers wants. His writers knew about the Redbird name and it connections with Tim, so yeah, it's coming from Tim. Hand me downs, really? It's funny, because as you said, Damian's already taken so much from Tim.
    He took away Tim's Robin mantle and he has a new best friend now, who calls himself Superboy. He took away Tim's role in the Teen Titans and his friends in it and Dick became his big brother. Maybe Damian should stop stealing Tim's stuff. Oh, and Tim was Bruce's son even before Damian was introduced into the comics. And no, the old version from the Batman: Son of the Demon doesn't count, it was a different character, a simple baby who disappeared after that one-shot. Grant Morrison created Damian in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    Damian is a character, he does what his writers wants. His writers knew about the Redbird name and it connections with Tim, so yeah, it's coming from Tim. Hand me downs, really? It's funny, because as you said, Damian's already taken so much from Tim.
    He took away Tim's Robin mantle and he has a new best friend now, who calls himself Superboy. He took away Tim's role in the Teen Titans and his friends in it and Dick became his big brother. Maybe Damian should stop stealing Tim's stuff. Oh, and Tim was Bruce's son even before Damian was introduced into the comics. And no, the old version from the Batman: Son of the Demon doesn't count, it was a different character, a simple baby who disappeared after that one-shot. Grant Morrison created Damian in 2006.
    I doubt Grant Morrison was thinking Tim Drake's Car when he came up with that name.
    I doubt that Grant knows or remembers that Tim had a car.
    I doubt that Tim Drake ever enters Grant's stream of consciousness.
    In fact I can guarantee that the only person at DC ever thinks about Tim.

Tim is so sleath he isn't on anyone's Radar.

Robin,Teen Titans and hanging with a Kryptionain. None of those are Tim's. All those belong to Dick Grayson first and Bats have always hung with Kryptonians dude. That tradition goes back to the 50's it's just this current partnership is so amazing, DC decided they were actually worthy of a comic series like their dads had.

Even Jason is currently running with one.

Just because you are wearing another person's clothes, cosplaying as someone or such it doesn't mean they belong to you.

Does Batman Beyond also belong's to Tim?

Also Dick Grayson was the first person to be Bruce's son.

Damian never took anything from Tim. They were given to him by Dick and DC because he is better than Tim and he rocks those things more than Tim ever did. Point in case Dick and Damian, Robin and Superboy.

But like I said You can have RedBird Damian's not using it.

The one inaccuracy in your statement, besides the who's better between Tim and Damian being debatable: Morrison. Remembers. EVERYTHING!

Ex. A lot of people say the name Black Bat for Cass was generic and lame, but it was actually a callback to something she was called ONCE in her solo book.

Incredible Member

I doubt Grant Morrison was thinking Tim Drake's Car when he came up with that name.
    I doubt that Tim Drake ever enters Grant's stream of consciousness.
    In fact I can guarantee that the only person at DC ever thinks about Tim.

Tim is so sleath he isn't on anyone's Radar.

Robin,Teen Titans and hanging with a Kryptionain. None of those are Tim's. All those belong to Dick Grayson first and Bats have always hung with Kryptonians dude. That tradition goes back to the 50's it's just this current partnership is so amazing, DC decided they were actually worthy of a comic series like their dads had.

Even Jason is currently running with one.

Just because you are wearing another person's clothes, cosplaying as someone or such it doesn't mean they belong to you.

Does Batman Beyond also belong's to Tim?

Also Dick Grayson was the first person to be Bruce's son.

Damian never took anything from Tim. They were given to him by Dick and DC because he is better than Tim and he rocks those things more than Tim ever did. Point in case Dick and Damian, Robin and Superboy.

But like I said You can have RedBird Damian's not using it.
    The difference is that Dick outgrew those roles, Tim didn't. Dick became Nightwing, and he had the Titans. Dick never had a friend named Superboy. Damian isn't better than Tim, maybe in your dreams. Dick wasn't Bruce son, Bruce was Dick's ward. Tim actually became his son and Bruce acted that way towards him. Did you only read Red Robin, right? Maybe you should read Tim's Robin series, and you will see.
    "Just because you are wearing another person's clothes, cosplaying as someone or such it doesn't mean they belong to you." Yeah, those things don't belong to Damian.
    Batman Beyond is Terry's mantle, just because Tim wore it temporary, it didn't belong to him. It was an experiment, nothing more. But the Robin mantle was different. Tim totally made it his own and he was fantastic. Damian isn't a good Robin. He is a good character, but the Robin role carries so much responsibility. Tim understood the weight of it, but Damian doesn't. Damian needs a role where he could be himself, and the Robin mantle doesn't fit to him.

What about Tim taking the Owlman mantle? (Just an idea don't murder me)