Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    He did reinvent the character of Robin. He was nothing like Jason and very distinguished from Dick as well. Dick was never geeky and introverted. Like him or not he did give new life to the Robin mantle.

He wasn't redundant until they created a ripoff character a couple years ago. Until then what character would you say he was overly similar to?
    I'd argue the New-52 made him redundant, far before Duke arrived on the scene

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, if you would compromise on one point, . . .

. . . losing the cowl might be an interesting way to go.
    The domino mask is too generic, but okay, I'm willing to make some compromises as soon as the real Tim comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I'd argue the New-52 made him redundant, far before Duke arrived on the scene
    But what character was he overly similar to that made him redundant?
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

With the dreaded New52, it seemed like Dick's new updated origin (in Nightwing #0) started poaching some of Tim's identity the way Dick was using computers and figured out Bruce was Batman, which had been more Tim-like traits.
    Also, with Tim's updated origin in Teen Titans #0, he lost aspects that made him unique when they shortened the history of the Robins before him. There wasn't enough time for Tim to figure out something was wrong with Batman because he was grieving over the absence of a Robin, and Tim wouldn't have had all those years of Robin footage to analyze that Robin's moves were the same as circus boy Dick Grayson's moves.

Not that he was similar to anyone. Just look at all the Bat Events that occurred in the New-52 prior to the Eternal's. Court of Owls, Death of the Family, etc. You won't find anyone more redundant in the Bat Fam then Tim in those stories. It was honestly to the point where one could ask, why was he included?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    With the dreaded New52, it seemed like Dick's new updated origin (in Nightwing #0) started poaching some of Tim's identity the way Dick was using computers and figured out Bruce was Batman, which had been more Tim-like traits.
    Also, with Tim's updated origin in Teen Titans #0, he lost aspects that made him unique when they shortened the history of the Robins before him. There wasn't enough time for Tim to figure out something was wrong with Batman because he was grieving over the absence of a Robin, and Tim wouldn't have had all those years of Robin footage to analyze that Robin's moves were the same as circus boy Dick Grayson's moves.
    That could be fixed by restoring as much of his old history as possible. Problem is, it's harder for Tim to become more like his old self when a character so similar to his old self is around.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Not that he was similar to anyone. Just look at all the Bat Events that occurred in the New-52 prior to the Eternal's. Court of Owls, Death of the Family, etc. You won't find anyone more redundant in the Bat Fam then Tim in those stories. It was honestly to the point where one could ask, why was he included?
    That was the fault of writers and editors who didn't understand or care about Tim. His character wasn't broken, nothing was stopping them from using him better. They just didn't because of their own incompetence. And Death of the Family was terrible overall so it's not the best example period.

TLDR, Tim was fine before the New 52 crap started piling on.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; Today at 06:21 PM.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

That could be fixed by restoring as much of his old history as possible. Problem is, it's harder for Tim to become more like his old self when a character so similar to his old self is around.

That was the fault of writers and editors who didn't understand or care about Tim. His character wasn't broken, nothing was stopping them from using him better. They just didn't because of their own incompetence. And Death of the Family was terrible overall so it's not the best example period.

TLDR, Tim was fine before the New 52 crap started piling on.
    Agreed completely. The direction they went with Tim was certainly poor.

. . . That was the fault of writers and editors who didn't understand or care about Tim. His character wasn't broken, nothing was stopping them from using him better. They just didn't because of their own incompetence . . .
    I think part of the problem was they tried to keep too many Robins during a too condensed timeline. They should have eliminated Tim's presence / history completely for the New 52 and then reintroduce the character from scratch in a way where he didn't seem so redundant / unnecessary.