Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Incredible Member veriaqa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    607

    Default Real Rogue vs The Flying Brick Rogue

    I saw many people commenting about how they dislike the movie Rogue because she can't fly and doesn't have the super strength power. Interesting choice, I say. And those people would love to see The Flying Brick Rogue on silver screen. They're "dying" to see it.

    One problem though, the Real Rogue only has absorbing as her power. She only became the flying brick as we know because she absorbed Ms. Marvel power. A character that the movie rights is not owned by Fox.

    So the question is, to those who want to see it, how do you propose to explain her having those powers in movies without the existence of Ms. Marvel in movie universe?
    Last edited by veriaqa; 03-19-2017 at 01:04 AM.
    I'm half the beast

  2. #2
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    6,783

    Default

    She could just absorb the powers of mutants who fly? lol.

  3. #3
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    I saw many people commenting about how they dislike the movie Rogue because she can't fly and doesn't have the super strength power. Interesting choice, I say. And those people would love to see The Flying Brick Rogue on silver screen. They "dying" to see it.

    One problem though, the Real Rogue only has absorbing as her power. She only became the flying brick as we know because she absorbed Ms. Marvel power. A character that the movie rights is not owned by Fox.

    So the question is, to those who want see it, how do you propose to explain her having those powers in movies without the existence of Ms. Marvel in movie universe?
    Have her absorb someone like Exodus's power instead. Not too difficult to get past that barrier, just pick a mutant (or two) with a similar power set to Ms. Marvel and boom you have classic Rogue.
    You brought back Wolverine

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member DurararaFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    I think the sexy, confident, fighter that stands shoulder to shoulder with Storm part of Flying Brick Rogue is what appeals to people the most. You don't neccesarily need the flying bruck powers for that but the movies sure have a difficulty portraying her as competent as is. So it's not surprising people, including Anna Papuin are asking for it.

    And you can just replace Carol with Cannonball really, he should've replaced Carol and Cody in her backstory, get there in one swoop.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    I saw many people commenting about how they dislike the movie Rogue because she can't fly and doesn't have the super strength power. Interesting choice, I say. And those people would love to see The Flying Brick Rogue on silver screen. They're "dying" to see it.
    Did You saw many people commenting about how they dislike Legacy Rogue or Evolution Rogue? I don't think so.
    If Fox Rogue wasn't interesting and that was a reason why people didn't like her.
    If Fox Rogue was or became similar to Real Rogue people would be happy.
    and this could be interesting beginning of the story but X3 wasn't good and this movie didn't help her personality. and later movies were obviously even weaker for her.
    One problem though, the Real Rogue only has absorbing as her power. She only became the flying brick as we know because she absorbed Ms. Marvel power. A character that the movie rights is not owned by Fox.
    Wonder Man powers? Fox need to "sacrifice" one mutant or two mutants to give her powers and then Apocalypse could recreate their powers... So in reality Fox would lose nothing...
    Actually the story about M or other mutant who would lose powers (because Rogue used his/her powers) and because of that he/she would end up going to Apocalypse as horsema? this could be very interesting.
    Marvel even created a story how Rogue absorbs powers pernamently: Sunfire powers in Rogue

    So the question is, to those who want to see it, how do you propose to explain her having those powers in movies without the existence of Ms. Marvel in movie universe?
    Monet?
    one of Legion personalities?
    Gladiator? Exodus?
    other powers?
    power of clone of random X-men?
    Lifter ? http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ned_Lathrop_(Earth-616)
    Sabre? http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sabre_(Mutant)_(Earth-616)
    Post without techno virus? http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kevin_Tremain_(Earth-616)

    but powers are not important. Interesting character is more important.
    People didn't had problems with Mystique because she was better than original.
    Rogue was useless, whiny and that was a reason why people didn't like her
    Last edited by Xelossik; 03-19-2017 at 01:32 AM.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

  6. #6
    Mighty Member ChronoRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    The problem with movie Rogue isn't having just her basic powers. It's being a weak damsel in distress whose biggest enemy are seat-belts. Look at how Evolution Rogue was portrayed, she was capable of taking care of herself in most fights.

    Movie Rogue is pathetic and I fully blame the writers/directors for that. Anna Paquin has stated multiple times she wanted to play a bad@ss Rogue, but she never got the chance.

    Don't get me wrong, seeing Rogue using her classic powers would be nice to. Rogue flying in the sky and punching people's faces is very nice as well. And pretty easy to solve, you don't really need Ms Marvel to give her that powerset or even the origin really. Just have a OC mutant with the similar powers work against Mystique and there you go. Origin and stolen powerset is done.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member veriaqa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Did You saw many people commenting about how they dislike Legacy Rogue or Evolution Rogue? I don't think so.
    If Fox Rogue wasn't interesting and that was a reason why people didn't like her.
    If Fox Rogue was or became similar to Real Rogue people would be happy.
    and this could be interesting beginning of the story but X3 wasn't good and this movie didn't help her personality. and later movies were obviously even weaker for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The problem with movie Rogue isn't having just her basic powers. It's being a weak damsel in distress whose biggest enemy are seat-belts. Look at how Evolution Rogue was portrayed, she was capable of taking care of herself in most fights.

    Movie Rogue is pathetic and I fully blame the writers/directors for that. Anna Paquin has stated multiple times she wanted to play a bad@ss Rogue, but she never got the chance.

    Don't get me wrong, seeing Rogue using her classic powers would be nice to. Rogue flying in the sky and punching people's faces is very nice as well. And pretty easy to solve, you don't really need Ms Marvel to give her that powerset or even the origin really. Just have a OC mutant with the similar powers work against Mystique and there you go. Origin and stolen powerset is done.
    I agree that the movie portrayal of Rogue is somewhat "lacking". But hey it was intentional. The movies (ie the writers/directors) want a damsel in distress whom could be saved by Wolverine. So, Rogue in movie serves her purpose in that area. You fans of Rogue don't like it? Then suck it. Things don't always suit whatever you want.

    But if the movies (ie the writers/directors) want it they can make Rogue as a badass super heroine WITHOUT turning her into a flying brick character who solves every problem by punching it in the face (not anything wrong with that approach just seem a tad boring). Real Rogue that uses her real power to solve problem and "heroing" is much much more interesting than "sexy flying brick" in my opinion.
    I'm half the beast

  8. #8
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    I agree that the movie portrayal of Rogue is somewhat "lacking". But hey it was intentional. The movies (ie the writers/directors) want a damsel in distress whom could be saved by Wolverine. So, Rogue in movie serves her purpose in that area. You fans of Rogue don't like it? Then suck it. Things don't always suit whatever you want.
    True. Writers prefered to sacrifice most X-men to create show for 4 heroes and that's why MCU has better box office.
    and You know that was very good idea in first movie but her character "development" in next movies was also lacking and that's the problem.
    she learned nothing while being in 3 movies... and that was intentional... I know this
    But if the movies (ie the writers/directors) want it they can make Rogue as a badass super heroine WITHOUT turning her into a flying brick character who solves every problem by punching it in the face (not anything wrong with that approach just seem a tad boring). Real Rogue that uses her real power to solve problem and "heroing" is much much more interesting than "sexy flying brick" in my opinion.
    thanks that You agreed with me that powers are less important than interesting personality.
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

  9. #9
    Incredible Member veriaqa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    True. Writers prefered to sacrifice most X-men to create show for 4 heroes and that's why MCU has better box office.
    and You know that was very good idea in first movie but her character "development" in next movies was also lacking and that's the problem.
    she learned nothing while being in 3 movies... and that was intentional... I know this

    thanks that You agreed with me that powers are less important than interesting personality.
    Err... should I call Selina or what?
    I'm half the beast

  10. #10
    Mighty Member ChronoRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    ...? Yes we know it was intentional. But it was and still is a bad move by Fox to keep her in that position and never move her out of it. Rogue in the comics is nothing like that character and the character didn't really catch on as a result.

    Comic book movie adaptions don't have to be exactly the same as the franchise they are inspired from and tbh they literally can't be because of the limitations of the medium, but when you don't at least try and translate what made the comics or characters popular you've wasting it's potential. It's pointless and counter-productive.

    I still think this is why the X-Men movies can't make the same amount of money as the Avengers films, despite the comic counterparts outselling them regularly and holding the record of highest selling team comics.

    As for the rest of your argument... this sounds like preferences and has nothing to do with why movie Rogue sucks as a character. The comics and cartoons show that Rogue with her basic powers can exist as a character, no one was arguing that in the first place.

  11. #11
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Err... should I call Selina or what?
    You can. She will agree with me.

    facts are simple: MCU movies earn more on average.

    I didn't write that MCU is better or that MCU has higher quality right?
    If I would... Selina would be there already.

    thanks that You agreed with the rest
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

  12. #12
    Incredible Member veriaqa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    ...? Yes we know it was intentional. But it was and still is a bad move by Fox to keep her in that position and never move her out of it. Rogue in the comics is nothing like that character and the character didn't really catch on as a result.

    Comic book movie adaptions don't have to be exactly the same as the franchise they are inspired from and tbh they literally can't be because of the limitations of the medium, but when you don't at least try and translate what made the comics or characters popular you've wasting it's potential. It's pointless and counter-productive.

    I still think this is why the X-Men movies can't make the same amount of money as the Avengers films, despite the comic counterparts outselling them regularly and holding the record of highest selling team comics.

    As for the rest of your argument... this sounds like preferences and has nothing to do with why movie Rogue sucks as a character. The comics and cartoons show that Rogue with her basic powers can exist as a character, no one was arguing that in the first place.
    Yep, you got it at last. My question is how to bypass the limitation of not having the right to Ms. Marvel. And by the way, movie Rogue is not sucks. She serves her role as Wolverine's damsel in distress well.
    I'm half the beast

  13. #13
    Mighty Member ChronoRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Yep, you got it at last. My question is how to bypass the limitation of not having the right to Ms. Marvel. And by the way, movie Rogue is not sucks. She serves her role as Wolverine's damsel in distress well.
    Except Rogue's role is not to be Wolverine's damsel in distress. Which is why movie Rogue sucks.

  14. #14
    Incredible Member veriaqa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You can. She will agree with me.

    facts are simple: MCU movies earn more on average.

    I didn't write that MCU is better or that MCU has higher quality right?
    If I would... Selina would be there already.

    thanks that You agreed with the rest
    Yes that is one fact. But I don't care. Sorry. That's not my question. And my enjoyment of X-men movies is not depended on how much money Marvel movies get.
    I'm half the beast

  15. #15
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    Yep, you got it at last. My question is how to bypass the limitation of not having the right to Ms. Marvel. And by the way, movie Rogue is not sucks. She serves her role as Wolverine's damsel in distress well.
    That's impossible. She can have powers of all X-men and she still don't be liked by people.
    movie Rogue is not sucks. She serves her role as Wolverine's damsel in distress well.
    Character can't be damsel in distress for 3 movies and be interesting.
    Yes that is one fact. But I don't care. Sorry. That's not my question. And my enjoyment of X-men movies is not depended on how much money Marvel movies get.
    Ok. you don't need to care
    but why You asked this question?
    You don't want interesting Rogue
    You want to have damsel in distress
    Damsel in distress doesn't need powers because she won't use them
    damsel in distress work better if she is weak and not interesting
    Favorite Comics:
    Uncanny Avengers vol 3, All New Wolverine, Deadpool, Mighty Thor
    Astonishing X-men

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •