Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    No. In my opinion, damsel in distress character is not a bad character. You can have a damsel in distress character in fiction to be saved. Without that you will have no story to tell. And movie Rogue is a good damsel in distress. She needs to be a damsel in distress in those movies. I'm fine with that and she played her role well.

And there you go the sexist card being played.... . I think you are a cool guy, turned out you just another SJW . I'm out.
    This comment was a wild ride.

you seem to have moved the goal post from how she could gain powers to how you like her without powers as a prop for wolverine. From your initial posts it was the impression that you would like a powered rogue but you don't like it and like rogue as she is which is fine but it would have cleared confusion if you had mentioned it in beginning.
    The Self is the only existing reality

The problem with movie rogue has little to do with her powers tbh, it's literally everything about her characterization - from the change in origin, personality everything. I mean 17 year old rogue in the comics was out there taking down avengers on her own. Movie rogue, whining and crying all the time??

With that said, I would LOVE and PAY for a newly casted rogue, with her power set like that in X-men legacy where she could control her absorption and was a beast on the field without solely relying on her flight and superstrength (which I think is boring because that's so common)

If they do Dark Phoenix Saga and include the Shiar Imperial Guard, they could always have her absorb its most powerful member: Gladiator.

That could be kind of cool actually, having this teenage girl grab ahold of him and hanging on until he collapses in a coma. Then she's amped up and super powerful.

Astonishing Member

I saw many people commenting about how they dislike the movie Rogue because she can't fly and doesn't have the super strength power. Interesting choice, I say. And those people would love to see The Flying Brick Rogue on silver screen. They're "dying" to see it.

One problem though, the Real Rogue only has absorbing as her power. She only became the flying brick as we know because she absorbed Ms. Marvel power. A character that the movie rights is not owned by Fox.

So the question is, to those who want to see it, how do you propose to explain her having those powers in movies without the existence of Ms. Marvel in movie universe?
    There are mutants with similar powers Rogue could absorb, or they could even create a new character and have Rogue absorb his or her powers permanently.

So that's no real challenged.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If they do Dark Phoenix Saga and include the Shiar Imperial Guard, they could always have her absorb its most powerful member: Gladiator.

That could be kind of cool actually, having this teenage girl grab ahold of him and hanging on until he collapses in a coma. Then she's amped up and super powerful.
    Awesome idea having her absorb Gladiator.

Incredible Member

How to give rogue flying brick powers is a very easy problem to solve. If the movie folk didn't want her to have the villian background, they can joe even make the person to absorbed a 'bad guy' and it was an accident/she was forced to etc...

Could she still be a good, interested character without 'brick' powers? Yes, but screw that. How many comic book movie females do we already have are 'strong' because of their spunkiness, and resourcefulness and how they help the 'hero'? I wanna see rogue smash some sentials bare handed.

Because I want to know how to make flying brick Rogue without Ms. Marvel.... is that clear enough?
    Do you read the comics? Rogue has had more than CD's perma powers. She had Sunfire's powers for a while and now has Wonderman's powers. The perma absorptions show the level to which Rogue is altered when she uses her powers.

Movie Rogue sucked because it took one of the X-Men's most iconic heroes and reduced her to a damsel in distress. That is both regressive & sexist. Also the movie used her powers 100% wrong. She does not need physical contact to continue while she uses the powers. She zaps, the opponent gets Ko'd and she gets their powers, memories life force for a time. If she keeps holding on, the opponent could lose their life force/power while the exchange becomes more permanent for Rogue. Rogue is a badass, not a damsel in distress.

No. In my opinion, damsel in distress character is not a bad character. You can have a damsel in distress character in fiction to be saved. Without that you will have no story to tell. And movie Rogue is a good damsel in distress. She needs to be a damsel in distress in those movies. I'm fine with that and she played her role well.

And there you go the sexist card being played.... . I think you are a cool guy, turned out you just another SJW . I'm out.
    Oh for the love of... just realized this is a troll.

90s confident, sassy, you can look but don't touch, daisy duke, cowboy hat wearing, sugah speak, flying brick Rogue is the real Rogue to me.

Fantastic Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar

This thread was trollish and ridiculous but this comment made my morning lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    The problem with movie Rogue isn't having just her basic powers. It's being a weak damsel in distress whose biggest enemy are seat-belts.
    I forgot that in the first film, she couldn't get out of her seat belt and then in the second film, she couldn't get it on. They just completely did a disservice to the character all around.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I think the sexy, confident, fighter that stands shoulder to shoulder with Storm part of Flying Brick Rogue is what appeals to people the most. You don't neccesarily need the flying bruck powers for that but the movies sure have a difficulty portraying her as competent as is. So it's not surprising people, including Anna Papuin are asking for it.

And you can just replace Carol with Cannonball really, he should've replaced Carol and Cody in her backstory, get there in one swoop.
    ITA. Movie Rogue sucked because the part was boring and Anna Paquin's portrayal lacked life. Angsty Rogue worked in the comics because of her family life, her villainous roots, her story with Carol, and because she was also very headstrong (if not also young and lost) not just her X-Gene chastity belt and poor comatose Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Monet?
    Dirty mouth!
    Last edited by ou·tré; 03-19-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Defenders | Hawkeye | The Mighty Thor | Generation X | Invincible Iron Man | Ms. Marvel | Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man
    Deadly Class | Descender | Extremity | Harrow County | Sisters of Sorrow | Wytches

AoA Rogue got her flying brick powers from partially yet permanently absorbing Polaris' powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    90s confident, sassy, you can look but don't touch, daisy duke, cowboy hat wearing, sugah speak, flying brick Rogue is the real Rogue to me.
    It's certainly the definitive version, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The problem for me wasn't that she felt like a damsel in distress. It's that she was Jubilee or Kitty Pryde. Movie Rogue was just Wolverine's figurative daughter character / teenage sidekick. Except she lacked the spunk either Jubilee or Shadowcat brought to the role.

I'd be more than happy to have Southern Belle Rogue appear on the screen.

She could always drain Northstar or Aurora's powers. Alpha Flight could be a stand-in for the Avengers for her backstory.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I was just talking to my boyfriend about this and how the Fox-men portrayal of the women were polar opposite of the comic renderings. I haven't seen the latest Logan but based on the reviews it seems they got a lot right with his character. Even if we discount the latest film, his characterization and alignment to how he was captured in the comics is pretty spot on. I think if the movies had stayed more true to the comic in the portrayal of these characters I think it would have resonated in a fashion similar to the 90s cartoons. However the movies didn't and they are all over the place. Rogue was one of the many characters they dropped the ball. If the future movies can do as good a job on the rest of the xmen as they did Logan I would be more optimistic. However with apocalypse and how poorly that was done I have concluded fox can't handle an ensemble cast.