Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I'm happy there will be a few more added members. My immediate first guess is still X-23 as one of them. Looking back at the history of the O5 there were a number of periods where it was essentially O5 plus one or two others and it worked out well. First the classic O5 + Havok and Polaris, and in X-Factor the O5 subbed Caliban in with him even being a participant in Apocalypse's inaugural storyarc.

Back when we got the first teaser cover, the images of the adult O5 there made me interested in having at least one of them thrown in the mix as well. My interest was helped by the appearance of two Angels flying around in IvX, lul.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This is intriguing. Bunn has a lot to choose from in terms of additional members. He already hinted at one other character joining. But two or three? That opens the door to many other possibilities. On a team where Jean Grey is the leader, that could have a lot of potential.

Given Bunn's recent history, I think it makes sense for Monet to join the team. He began a story with her in Uncanny X-men, one that wasn't entirely finished. I can see him using X-men Blue to continue that story. It also makes sense for someone like Polaris to join. She hasn't really been seen since Magneto's solo series, but I get the sense that Marvel has been waiting for the right opportunity to bring her into a major X-book again. I think X-men Blue could be that X-book.

As for others, it really depends. I don't think X-23 will be on this team. I have a feeling that story has played out and there's not much more for her to do. Besides, X-23 already has a successful solo series going and given her popularity, I think Marvel will want to put her in other X-books.

Personally, I'd love to see someone like Negasonic Teenage Warhead join the team. She's starting to come into her own in Deadpool. Plus, she's going to be in Deadpool 2 so her star is definitely rising. Joining X-men Blue would definitely help that.

If there was one character I DON'T want to see join, it's Jimmy Hudson. That cover that shows someone with Wolverine claws has me worried that Marvel will try to dig up the worst Wolverine-inspired character since Romulus. I know the O5 visited the Ultimate universe before it was destroyed, but Jimmy Hudson is like Geldoff or the relationship between the Maximoff twins. It's best left completely forgotten.

I have a feeling the ranks on this team will grow, especially around Secret Empire. I think it has the potential to be a strong series at a time when the X-men need a strong series. I can't wait to see how it plays out.
    M looks to be the antagonist in Gen X given that her close friend Jubilee is leading that team and Lorna doesn't really make sense as we already know that she won't be the leader of the team and Magneto and teen Jean are the two main stars so Lorna would be relegated to the third string status on the book at best and she doesn't know any of the teen O5 and she'd only be there because her daddy is there and to some she can't exist without being around him, and given how Magneto's solo ended I could easily see her want some space from Magneto...

People are suggesting Jimmy Hudson. Can someone tell me what happened to him and where is he now? I thought the Ultimate Universe was gone and only Mile Morales and a few of his supporting characters made the jump to 616.

My initial thoughts about the 2/3 thing was M (Monet/Emplate) or Magik (Illyana/Sapna) - Has Magik been accounted for in Resurrection yet?

Elder Member

Well Magik will show up in Gold as a guest star and there's some rumors about whether she'll join up with Emma for some mission, though not anything longterm with Emma...

The 05 idea is jaded and a lot of people want to see them gone, so it makes sense that Bunn adds other characters. He has to do something to attract more readers.

Rookie Member

2 (or 3) could mean that one of them has multiple personalities so Monet could be choice, but there's also David Haller aka Legion, he's the son of Xavier, and has interacted with Magneto and the adult version of some of these heroes in the past, plus with the tv show this might be a nice time to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    People are suggesting Jimmy Hudson. Can someone tell me what happened to him and where is he now? I thought the Ultimate Universe was gone and only Mile Morales and a few of his supporting characters made the jump to 616.
    That's right and Jimmy was not one of them. Only Miles and Reed.
    Stop complaining and start dancing

Or it is Blindfold with Legion in her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Or it is Blindfold with Legion in her head.
    Two for the price of one.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Pull List
    AN Wolverine Deadpool

Jimmy could very well pop up but since he hasn't he is gone. It would be cool to see him.

Maybe the 2/3 are Martha,Ernst and another?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That's right and Jimmy was not one of them. Only Miles and Reed.
    Well, we don't know all the people who made it over. We were only shown Miles, his supporting cast, and Reed. But 1610!Jessica Drew was shown to be hanging out with the Web Warriors. So obviously all the characters haven't all been released. Plus, there's no reason not to assume that 616!Reed and his family haven't already made a copy of the UU w/ Jimmy Hudson on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Maybe the 2/3 are Martha,Ernst and another?
    Please no.

I'm not that familiar with Pixie, but apparently she has a lot of fans, so that can be a good addition. Negasonic would also be interesting due to her appeal after the Deadpool movie.

Banshee could come back and take Magneto's place as team mentor. We read Bunn saying that both Magneto and the O5 have agendas so this alliance probably won't last.
    I would have Forge in the group also. I can see him and Banshee as the right guys to teach the O5.

Heh. Wouldn't be funny, if OML becomes not an official member in this team, but a supporting member. I guess that will make him officially him being in all the team books. Make no mistake, I will buy this book in a heartbeat, if he shows up here. I'm still on the fence on this series. I don't mind him being here, but what if he just gets magically is kicked off the gold team.

Also, I wouldn't be surprise if he shows up in the other solo titles. Lol.

Edit: I forgot about Gen X. My apologies. But that's still close though.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 03-20-2017 at 02:59 PM.