Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider Signal: Do you miss it?

Peter used to shine a powerful light emitted from his belt to announce his arrival to criminals. It was also used as a light source, allowing him to see in the dark. Its hardly seen nowadays. Should Dan's Spider man adopt such mechanism in his suit or does it feel like a ripoff of the bat signal and you won't mind if you never see spiderman casting his face on villains bodies?
    The Self is the only existing reality

Well, if his chest emblem is going to randomly glow for no reason, I don't see what the harm in using the Spider-Signal would be .

The Spider-Signal is a really cool visual. I was ecstatic when it popped up at the end of Civil War .

I believe Zdarsky referenced the Spider-Signal in his Howard the Duck book, so maybe we might see it in Spectacular?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if his chest emblem is going to randomly glow for no reason, I don't see what the harm in using the Spider-Signal would be .

The Spider-Signal is a really cool visual. I was ecstatic when it popped up at the end of Civil War .

I believe Zdarsky referenced the Spider-Signal in his Howard the Duck book, so maybe we might see it in Spectacular?
    I think he will make Jameson use one to contact with Spidey.

Nope, I had forgot all about it until this thread.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

Frankly, I think it's a useless gimmick, but, unlike other stuff the franchise has dabbled with, harmless. I don't hate it like, say the underarm webbing/wings or the glowing Tron suit the current ASM comics gave him and am curious what the movie will do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Frankly, I think it's a useless gimmick, but, unlike other stuff the franchise has dabbled with, harmless. I don't hate it like, say the underarm webbing/wings or the glowing Tron suit the current ASM comics gave him and am curious what the movie will do with it.
    lol Ivalso found the underarm webbings annoying and often wondered why they wouldnt dissolve. the glowing spider symbol in his suit made me remember the spider signal.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    lol Ivalso found the underarm webbings annoying and often wondered why they wouldnt dissolve.
    I think it was supposed to be a mesh fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    the glowing spider symbol in his suit made me remember the spider signal.
    Except the signal served a practical purpose.

And it has in the comics in the past .

It appears moving across the walls at the start of the "Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man" ride at Universal Studios "Islands of Adventure." I love it! I wouldn't mind seeing it again, perhaps it could be updated as part of his webware wrist device similar to how it appeared in the post credit scene in Captain America: Civil War.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I'm currently reading the original Stan Lee and Steve Ditko's Amazing Spider-Man run(at a really really slow pace), and the Spdier-Signal is entertaining enough. But I think it probably wouldn't suit today. Although it's no worse than Spidey symbol glowing for no reason.

Also, really not a fan of underarm webbing.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

This thread is funny because I'm currently reading through the 60's Amazing Spiderman comics so the Spidey Signal has appeared quite a few times already.
    Radioactive Spider-Fang

Veteran Member

I have a fondness for the spider-signal but I always thought it was awkward that he had to lift up his shirt to shine it. It seems like the new movie will change that by having it on his wrist - a better move, design-wise.

It's definitely not a necessary element of Spidey but it's cool and I never mind seeing it pop up.

I think it was supposed to be a mesh fabric.

yeah but I didn't know that at the time I was reading. I thought he would just add on webs for some reasons. of course I wised up after reading some more of his comics.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 03-20-2017 at 07:46 AM.

Not really, it reminded me too much of the Bat Signal personally speaking.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Not really, it reminded me too much of the Bat Signal personally speaking.
    Which is kind of obsolete in this day and age. Just use a bloody cellphone, Commissioner Gordon! How would the Spider-Man comics justify re-introducing the spider signal?