View Poll Results: Which Of These X-Men Do You Like More?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magneto

73 84.88%
  • Apocalypse

13 15.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Weekly Poll 3-19-17 - Which Of These X-Men Do You Like More?

Please, read this before commenting:
    *For future reference, keep in mind that although these polls are called "X-Men", it doesn't necessarily mean the characters will have been a member of any X-Men team. They just have to be a mutant. Some polls will feature an X-Man/Woman vs a villain or an X-Man/Woman vs another mutant who has never been on an X-Men team. Thank you*

Last week's polls results were Rogue 91 vs Scarlet Witch 13, and Northstar 50 vs Quicksilver 41

Thank you for participating in last week's poll. Please vote in this one:

The awesome Master of Magnetism, Magneto

VS

One of the X-Men's greatest villains, Apocalypse

“I’m Mary Poppins, y’all.”---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Please, read this before commenting:
    *For future reference, keep in mind that although these polls are called "X-Men", it doesn't necessarily mean the characters will have been a member of any X-Men team. They just have to be a mutant. Some polls will feature an X-Man/Woman vs a villain or an X-Man/Woman vs another mutant who has never been on an X-Men team. Thank you*

Last week's polls results were Rogue 91 vs Scarlet Witch 13, and Northstar 50 vs Quicksilver 41

Thank you for participating in last week's poll. Please vote in this one:

The awesome Master of Magnetism, Magneto

VS

One of the X-Men's greatest villains, Apocalypse

This may be more one sided than wanda/Rogue.

Magneto/Sinister would be more interesting

En Sabah Nur.

I always have found Magneto super boring except for his Fatal Attractions arc.

Not a big fan of either of them, but I'll vote for Poccy just to make things more exciting

As a character: Magneto
    As a villain: Still Magneto

I enjoy Apocalypse for what he is, which is the quintessential X-Men one-note cartoon villain. He's fun to read in small doses, but all the add-ons and backstory in the world have never made him more interesting to me than Magneto at his best, or even his average.

The Rise of Apocalypse was a great read and a must IMO for En Sabah Nur.

LOL Magneto. Come on...

He's a much more complex character than Apocalypse.

Apocalypse's goal and plans seem kind of nebulous/ half baked. Kill the weak and let only the strong survive, and then what? What exactly is the end game here? If he wants to rule the world then the strong are going to be the one's that would potentially challenge and overthrow him. (I have the same problem with Mr. Sinister and his constant goal of claiming more Summers' family DNA. Doesn't he have enough? Why does he keep throwing away more resources at it???)

Magneto actually has a cause worth fighting for.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

LOL

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Magneto/Sinister would be more interesting
    Magneto/Xavier would have been more interesting.

Any affection I have for Apocalypse is purely from nostalgia. His only decent storylines were the original X-Factor ones and AoA. Like the Phoenix Force, writers took something iconic and kept re-using it without refreshing it until it was boring, tired, and droopy.
    Hawkeye | Occupy Avengers | The Mighty Thor | Ms. Marvel | Generation X | Luke Cage | Invincible Iron Man | Spectacular Spider-Man
    All-Star Batman | Batwoman | Shade the Changing Girl | Batgirl | DC Comics Bombshells
    Descender | Extremity | Godshaper | Paper Girls | Regression | Wicked + The Divine | Wytches
    Animosity | Victor LaValle's the Destroyer | Harrow County | The Once & Future Queen | Colossi | Failsafe | Heathen

Upcoming: Sacred Creatures, Runaways, Redlands, Sisters of Sorrow

I went with Magneto. He's such a complex character and has a lot more depth than Apocalypse has. I think Apocalypse has potential to be elevated to something more than he his, but no writer has been able to really take the character to the new heights that he needs to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Magneto/Xavier would have been more interesting.
    yes this was more of a obvious matchup. Apocalypse should have been paired with Dark Phoenix IMO.
    The Self is the only existing reality

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    yes this was more of a obvious matchup. Apocalypse should have been paired with Dark Phoenix IMO.
    Here's the thing. People complained when I paired up two characters that they liked right off the bat and we're too closely liked. So, in an effort not to do that, I have since paired up some characters that wouldn't be like that and now people are complaining that the polls are too lopsided or too obvious. I can't win either way.

If anyone would like to throw out suggestions for characters to be paired up against, I would be more than happy to do it. Someone has already done that I and I did it.

I know a lot of people like Magneto, but I also know there's a lot of Apocalypse fans on this forum, so I figured it would be a good matchup.
    “I’m Mary Poppins, y’all.”---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16