View Poll Results: Which Of These X-Men Do You Like More?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magneto

73 84.88%
  • Apocalypse

13 15.12%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Here's the thing. People complained when I paired up two characters that they liked right off the bat and we're too closely liked. So, in an effort not to do that, I have since paired up some characters that wouldn't be like that and now people are complaining that the polls are too lopsided or too obvious. I can't win either way.
    Err... I think you're misunderstanding really. People aren't really "complaining" when there's two characters they like. They're just pointing out is hard to choose one. But even if they are, part of the fun is not being sure of who's gonna win. When there's an obvious winner since the beginning, the polls are just obvious and boring. Look at the Jean vs Emma poll. It was super thight and had a lot of pages and discussion, and people felt more incentivated to vote for their fave since their vote actually made a difference. Wanda vs Rogue otherwise was a total flop.

Welcome.....

TO DIE!!!

Apocalypse vs Mr Sinister would be interesting to see !
    Magneto/Cyclops/Psylocke/Deathstroke

Apocalypse will always be my favorite
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err... I think you're misunderstanding really. People aren't really "complaining" when there's two characters they like. They're just pointing out is hard to choose one.
    Nope, no misunderstanding. People were actually complaining in the very first poll of Jean vs Emma that I used the two "big guns" so to speak right off the bat.

But even if they are, part of the fun is not being sure of who's gonna win. When there's an obvious winner since the beginning, the polls are just obvious and boring.
    Right. Which is why I started the first poll with Jean vs Emma. I knew it would be a hard choice and have lots of discussion. But like I said, people complained and said I should have only used one right off the bat vs someone else, etc.

Look at the Jean vs Emma poll. It was super thight and had a lot of pages and discussion, and people felt more incentivated to vote for their fave since their vote actually made a difference. Wanda vs Rogue otherwise was a total flop.
    True. But I felt like if I put Rogue up against someone else really adored, I would have people complaining again. Like I said, if people want to throw out suggestions for me for matchups, I'm more than willing to put them up if they sound good.
    “I’m Mary Poppins, y’all.”---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Apocalypse vs Mr Sinister would be interesting to see !
    In hindsight, you're right. And we may still see that poll if Sinister wins his poll.
    “I’m Mary Poppins, y’all.”---Yondu

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

"Man wants to punch a beehive, let him punch a beehive"---Mark Waid

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Magneto. No question.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Wanda's Eternal Fan! =D CJStriker's Avatar

Easy Vote ~~~ Apocalypse!

Honestly a decade ago I would have said Magento, but I am not as found of his character as I used to be and really at least Apocalypse has a while complex at times, still a mostly linear story-line of his mission and beliefs.

Magneto just feels all over the place, an affect that is hampered by to much use of him over the years and writers constantly making his slide from Villain-to-Anti-Hero to much.
    Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at:

The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

http://community.comicbookresources....h-Appreciation

Here's the thing. People complained when I paired up two characters that they liked right off the bat and we're too closely liked. So, in an effort not to do that, I have since paired up some characters that wouldn't be like that and now people are complaining that the polls are too lopsided or too obvious. I can't win either way.

If anyone would like to throw out suggestions for characters to be paired up against, I would be more than happy to do it. Someone has already done that I and I did it.

I know a lot of people like Magneto, but I also know there's a lot of Apocalypse fans on this forum, so I figured it would be a good matchup.
    yes I remember something if the sort when you started these polls but what can you do? human nature is contradictory and fickle. Anyway you could maybe make a poll for which pairings fans are eager to see and then explore for further options by getting the obvious pairings over.
    The Self is the only existing reality

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    LOL Magneto. Come on...
    Yep. LOL Magneto. Come on...

Actually, Apocalypse (and Sinister) embodies all what I find annoying and boring in a villain character.

Dark Knight1047, posters will ALWAYS complain no matter what. Go for the controversial choices anyway. The Emma/Jean poll was very exciting. Cyclops and Storm was tough too til the very end. Northstar and Quicksilver was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Dark Knight1047, posters will ALWAYS complain no matter what. Go for the controversial choices anyway. The Emma/Jean poll was very exciting. Cyclops and Storm was tough too til the very end. Northstar and Quicksilver was pretty good too.
    Seconded.

I think Magneto vs Wolverine would've been really interesting.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

True. But I felt like if I put Rogue up against someone else really adored, I would have people complaining again. Like I said, if people want to throw out suggestions for me for matchups, I'm more than willing to put them up if they sound good.
    People are going to complain no matter what you do; just look at any of Master of Sound's voting threads. Don't try too hard to please everyone, because it's impossible.

That said, if you want suggestions for match-ups:

Beast vs Kid Omega - which character is more loathed by the X-Boards?
    Broo vs Transonic - which is the least-worst of the new generation?
    Trish Tilby vs Opal Tanaka - best of the worst ex-girlfriends!
    X-23 vs Magik - who did their "broken girl" redemption arc better?
    And with a little less humor:
    Sunspot vs Cannonball
    Angel vs Iceman
    Jubilee vs M
    Bishop vs Fantomex
    Cable vs Deadpool
    Armor vs Pixie
    Nightcrawler vs Wolverine
    Polaris vs Havok

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Yep. LOL Magneto. Come on...

Actually, Apocalypse (and Sinister) embodies all what I find annoying and boring in a villain character.
    They have their uses, even if they're almost the comfort food of the franchise at this point. But yeah, while you can have good Sinister or Apocalypse stories, rarely do folks debate the depth of their actual characterization, because Sinister and 'Poccy are, at the heart of it, cartoon monsters more than people. Magneto isn't. That's why this is kind of a lop-sided poll.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-20-2017 at 09:23 AM.

This Week's Comics: America #5, Declaration #1, Lazarus X+66 #1, Kill the Minotaur #2, Heroines #2, Night's Dominion v 1, The Woods v 7, Gundam Wing: Glory of the Losers 1

Magneto... when he's a villain. The best version of Apocalypse was from the animated series, but even there Magneto upstages him. They both had some great quotes on that show though.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Seconded.

I think Magneto vs Wolverine would've been really interesting.
    No it wouldn't. Wolverine would lose any poll against any character on these forums{maybe except Fantomex} from what I could tell. He's just disliked here for some reason.