Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    People have thought I'm joking in the past, but I'm really not. Much as I don't like ANY of the newbies, Harper's hair is what makes me like her more than Duke and Claire.
    I Like Harper's Hair And Her Personality She Seems Like A Really Chill Person. I also Like her Electric Based Gadgets and Weapons.

But Gotham Girl... Idk. I don't know how I feel about a Supergirl like person in the batfamily. I like how even though most of them are all just regular humans they mange to do crazy epic stuff but Gotham Girl is powerful so now if you include her you have to come up with a reason why she gets taken down (Like They Do With Superman Alot) cause she alone could end the most threats qucikly.

Deathstroke's In Town? Gotham Girl.
    Shiva Shows Up? Gotham Girl
    Joker Barricades himself in a building? Gotham Girl Flys in And Rips him out.
    Last edited by UnderTheRedHood; 03-24-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

PALADIN OF VOLTRON JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Oh yeah because the other characters always get to shine in events. Oh wait a minute, no they don't.

Those 2 aren't getting their "turn" to shine. They're just, once again, stealing opportunities from characters who need/deserve them more. When's the last time Jason or Tim were used well in a major story? Even Dick and Damian have had more misses than hits in these types of stories.

If this turns out to be another story where everyone else suffers so Snyder's pets can look good, then the Bat-Family is dead.
    To be honest the less Snyder has to do with the elder members of the family the better. (And by "elder" I'm talking about the four Robins and three Batgirls.) He has no interest in them so I'd much rather see them "shine" in their own books instead. At least there they get the attention they need and are being written by writers who understand them. IMO there's nothing so tiresome as reading these characters under the pen of someone who has no interest in them.

Aftershock Alters/Eleanor and the Egret/Rough Riders
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham Academy/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Image: Invincible, Monstress
    Oni: Angel City
    Valiant: Britannia/EW: Awakening/Faith/Immortal Brothers/Ninjak/Rapture/ X-O Manowar
    Manga: Blue Exorcist/Devil's Line/My Hero Academia

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    I Like Harper's Hair And Her Personality She Seems Like A Really Chill Person. I also Like her Electric Based Gadgets and Weapons.

But Gotham Girl... Idk. I don't know how I feel about a Supergirl like person in the batfamily. I like how even though most of them are all just regular humans they mange to do crazy epic stuff but Gotham Girl is powerful so now if you include her you have to come up with a reason why she gets taken down (Like They Do With Superman Alot) cause she alone could end the most threats with her presents alone.
    I agree. That's my main problem with her.

People with powers shouldn't be on the Bat-family, and her backstory is just bland. I don't know if it was a meta-text in how Batman's influence on the young children of Gotham but making them rich kids who bought their superpowers was...terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Call me optimistic, but I wouldn't say that Snyder's characters would cause the Death Of The Family. While King's Batman is average (Only read the first volume really quick, cannot remember anything of relevancy other than Bruce might die again) I think that if he wants to make it a solo Batman title he is on his right to do it, but making the Batkids going to eat to a fast food restaurant while Batman eats fries with a fork like the asshole he is, is more of Batfamily moments that we have gotten from Snyder ever since a long time (not counting the Eternals because I think we, as a society, prefer to pretend it didn't happen). If they don't work, they will inevitably get thrown onto limbo.

Also, Gotham Girl is way more redundant to me than Duke and Harper are, though I'm not a big defender of them either. I like Duke well enough, it's just that the idea of making him 'Robin-but-not-really-Robin-Because-Snyder-likes-to-pretend-Damian-is-still-dead' can be really nagging. Harper...I like her hair, I guess
    Call me a cynical bastard, but optimism is overrated

If these writers haven't learned by now that the B&RE/Robin War framework sucks for most of the characters, who knows when they will. If Duke is just a supporting character, fine. Whatever. I'd rather he not be there at all but I'm not going to get triggered by his mere presence. If it is a repeat of those other stories where he's the main focus at everyone else's expense, then we know exactly how this current crop of writers thinks. And that we're probably stuck with those mentalities for a while.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    To be honest the less Snyder has to do with the elder members of the family the better. (And by "elder" I'm talking about the four Robins and three Batgirls.) He has no interest in them so I'd much rather see them "shine" in their own books instead. At least there they get the attention they need and are being written by writers who understand them. IMO there's nothing so tiresome as reading these characters under the pen of someone who has no interest in them.
    He's not the only writer of this event. Tynion is confirmed and there will be others as well. Excluding them from the main story will make their roles more irrelevant, and as long as there's better people working with Snyder it's wouldmt even protect them from anything.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post

But Gotham Girl... Idk. I don't know how I feel about a Supergirl like person in the batfamily. I like how even though most of them are all just regular humans they mange to do crazy epic stuff but Gotham Girl is powerful so now if you include her you have to come up with a reason why she gets taken down (Like They Do With Superman Alot) cause she alone could end the most threats qucikly.

Deathstroke's In Town? Gotham Girl.
    Shiva Shows Up? Gotham Girl
    Joker Barricades himself in a building? Gotham Girl Flys in And Rips him out.
    Harper IS chill, and she IS fun, and I DO like her electricity based weapons. Unfortunately, there's also nothing too interesting about her. Being likable is a start, but for me to want to read about a character, there has to be a hook. Harper doesn't have that. And that's without getting into my rage that she's Cass and Steph's best friend, and they're NOT each other's.

Also, she's part of the reason BRE didn't work. A few friends and I have written a basic outline of the story which completely takes out Harper, and it works SO MUCH better.

As for Gotham Girl, yeah, she's got to go. Bruce, Cass, and Azrael are about as powerful as characters in a book dealing with street level stuff have a right to be. She's a story breaker, and unlike Harper, she isn't interesting OR likable.

Call me a cynical bastard, but optimism is overrated
    But isn't DC Rebirth about hope, optimism and all that fun stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    But isn't DC Rebirth about hope, optimism and all that fun stuff?
    Oh yeah. A terrible Justice League book, a frustrating line of Bat-books, shoving Tim Drake into limbo 6 issues in, failing to make a single secondary character successful, can't get enough of that hope, optimism and fun!

I kid, I kid. DC is doing great right now and even with their flaws I'm more than satisfied with their output. Rebirth is very wonderful. I'd still rather come down hard on a problem than make excuses for it though.

Snyder's issues with the Batfamily aside, It's going to be interesting seeing Snyder write more of the rest of the League and working within the wider DCU, even if it's obviously through Batman's lense, more or less.

I still can't get it out of my head that this is related to the return of the JSA somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Snyder's issues with the Batfamily aside, It's going to be interesting seeing Snyder write more of the rest of the League and working within the wider DCU, even if it's obviously through Batman's lense, more or less.

I still can't get it out of my head that this is related to the return of the JSA somehow...
    I certainly hope not! I love the JSA WAAAAAAY more than pretty much any incarnation of the League (save International) , and if this has to do with them, I'll have to read this mess...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah, I'm really shocked to see Snyder writing a multiverse story, especially with how he has shy'd away from anything realting to the bigger DCU besides batman. Though I guess it's possible the multiverse aspect is only the dark days one shots and not the actual main story.

Also, I think this story is gonna be gotham girl's big moment, and not just Duke's. I remember Snyder mentioning that character having a role and this is backed up by Snyder saying this will pick up on plot threads in tom king's book.

PALADIN OF VOLTRON JasonTodd428's Avatar

He's not the only writer of this event. Tynion is confirmed and there will be others as well. Excluding them from the main story will make their roles more irrelevant, and as long as there's better people working with Snyder it's wouldmt even protect them from anything.
    Thing is I don't like Tynion's involvement any better and frankly I want him as far away from Jason as possible. As far as I'm concerned other more decent writers being involved really don't amount to much so long as Snyder and Tynion are heading it up because they have to follow the script they are given. Look how both Eternals turned out and Snyder and Tynion were the ones heading up those. They both had decent writers involved and both turned out to be crap for most of the characters involved. I want to see ALL characters being used well but frankly they just aren't being used well in events run by Snyder and Tynion. Mostly they've been used as props and THAT is why I'd rather they not be involved here. Negative attention is still attention of course but characters like Tim and Jason already have had plenty of that. It doesn't benefit any of them really not in the same way well handled "solos" (and I'm using that term loosely here) do.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-24-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Aftershock Alters/Eleanor and the Egret/Rough Riders
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham Academy/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Image: Invincible, Monstress
    Oni: Angel City
    Valiant: Britannia/EW: Awakening/Faith/Immortal Brothers/Ninjak/Rapture/ X-O Manowar
    Manga: Blue Exorcist/Devil's Line/My Hero Academia