Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default DC summer event: Dark Days

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Certainly looks interesting. That line about super heroes not fighting super heroes is gonna excite a lot of people and will get a mew marvel fans into DC as well. I like the idea of a one shot each month leading up to the event. Guess this also means the event will likely start in August.

Makes me wonder how long till we get Geoff John's Watchmen story if this is gonna be the summer event.

I have no clue of that image means, but in a first look seems like a dystopian future with Batman as the central image of a fascist government or a military force.

Very excited for this!

But I feel that I need to know a little more to get even more excited.

giphy.jpg
    Current Pull: Lazarus, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Nightwing, Titans, Trinity, Daredevil, Elektra, Uncanny Inhumans, Black Panther, Archie, Ninjak.

If Batman's the main focus, odds are I won't be reading it, especially since I don't much care for Snyder as a writer.

If the effects on the DCU really ARE that major, I'll borrow a copy from a friend, but this isn't something I'm currently looking forward to.

I... this is too much Batman, man...

Basically, we're going from The Button crossover with the Flash in April and May, to an 8-issue "epic" in The War of Jokes and Riddles starting in June, one of two Dark Days specials in June, the next one in July, and then probably whatever that Nth Metal summer event is in August. And that's ignoring whatever 'Tec does starting in June...

Plus, we haven't even gotten through Superman Reborn yet, and we still have the big Titans story in The Lazarus Contract in May. It's like DC's trying to make up for all the events Marvel's been giving us while DC was focused on telling good stories, I just hope these Bat-events are worth it. I'm definitely excited and intrigued.

PALADIN OF VOLTRON JasonTodd428's Avatar

A big summer event from DC: I might be interested in that.

But Snyder and Tynion are penning it: And my interest in this event just tanked.

Sorry but I'm not interested in spending money on yet another Snyder and Tynion penned game changing event. I had enough of that with the two Eternals. I'll read the trade on Hoopla it if it turns out to be important to the overall Rebirth plot or if it really does change anything at all within the DCU.

Aftershock Alters/Eleanor and the Egret/Rough Riders
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham Academy/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Image: Invincible, Monstress
    Oni: Angel City
    Valiant: Britannia/EW: Awakening/Faith/Immortal Brothers/Ninjak/Rapture/ X-O Manowar
    Manga: Blue Exorcist/Devil's Line/My Hero Academia

As if the New52/Rebirth world of The Goddamn Batman hasn't been dark enough . . .

Well, according to Snyder's twitter is not grim/dark.

My main problem with Snyder's storylines is that imo his endings tend to be weak.

At first I was hoping that Tynion could save the Bat-Family from horrible treatment in this event, but then I remembered he was the head writer for Batman and Robin Eternal. Yeah, we're screwed.

I'm sure it will be at least somewhat well written but as usual, there will be a lot of disappointment as well. Hopefully this will be the end of Snyder as the main Batman writer, which he pretty much still is despite being off the main book.
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

It sounds interesting but honestly I'm not a big fan of the Snyder and Tynion team. I haven't really liked any of their stories. Especially Snyder needs to stay away from Batman I disliked his Batman run. He has some good ideas but for whatever reason it always turns into a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 03-20-2017 at 08:14 AM.

I was already on the hedge about this since I haven't liked anything that Snyder has written in the past five years, and a greater DCU story with the Owls and a Duke focus doesn't particularly excite me. Then I saw Tynion on it. And Romita on art. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batdog?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Oh, come on guys, Tynion has gotten better from B&R: Eternal. Though maybe my excitement comes that I haven't really read All star Batman and liked Snyders previous run well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Oh, come on guys, Tynion has gotten better from B&R: Eternal. Though maybe my excitement comes that I haven't really read All star Batman and liked Snyders previous run well enough.
    While his writing as a whole has definitely improved, Tynion still has some big flaws in his writing. The characters who he considers his favorites he doesn't know how to write, and while he's proven he knows how, he still struggles most of the time when it comes to plotting a story.