Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    At this point, Bruce himself is probably tired of DC's crap with the whole secret mumbo-jumbo.

I don't get it. What is there to gain from having Bruce holding back the millionth secret?
    Bruce Keeps Alot Of Secrets even from his friends and dude is stubborn its a character Flaw but it allows for unlimited numbers of future stories lol

Dick: Batman???? we were all just attacked by a guy in a bear suit.
    Batman: *Bruce Looks at them for a moment* I haven't been entirely honest with you guys....
    Next Month Solicitations: Batman #36 Who is the bearman? and what is bearman's hidden dark past with bruce and Alfred?
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    This Page Actually Did Intrigue me I wanted to see what this was about. I have no issue with bluebird and Lark helping bats fight of.... Machine Owl Aliens?

But The Rest of the family better not just disappear or get owned off panel so those two can shine.

I'm Still a bit salty how Dick, Jason & Damian Were Off paneled by bane
    Yeah, Bluebird and Lark. Not Dick and Damian, or Dick and Jason, or Tim and Babs, or Damian and Babs, or any combination of allies readers actually care about. Those losers aren't important enough for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, Bluebird and Lark. Not Dick and Damian, or Dick and Jason, or Tim and Babs, or Damian and Babs, or any combination of allies readers actually care about. Those losers aren't important enough for this!
    I would have settled for Batwing and Hawkfire over those two. And those two aren't even in my top 100 favorite heroes!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I would have settled for Batwing and Hawkfire over those two. And those two aren't even in my top 100 favorite heroes!
    At least those guys have a little bit of merit. At least I don't feel ripped off whenever I see them show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I didn't know Snyder had an account here.

But yes, Snyder seems to acknowledge the Batfamily only if Bruce is dead or amnesiac. At least King acknowledged them in that issue where they went to eat fast food and then fridged them, but it's the thought that counts.

Spectacular Member

What's this obsession everyone has with the bat family being involved in everything Batman does. The story is built around him not them, let them do their own thing. Also Batman's secrets are his own, and if he chooses to share them or not with others is his perogotive. Like no one else in the DC universe doesn't have or keep secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What's this obsession everyone has with the bat family being involved in everything Batman does. The story is built around him not them, let them do their own thing. Also Batman's secrets are his own, and if he chooses to share them or not with others is his perogotive. Like no one else in the DC universe doesn't have or keep secrets.
    The problem isn't that he's keeping secrets though. It's that Snyder has overused this particular plot device in recent years so its become stale. Its ALWAYS some dark secret from his past and its ALWAYS something that comes back and bites him in the butt later. Frankly I was hoping for something different here.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-20-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Aftershock: Alters:
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/Bug/Cave Carson/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham City Garage/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mister Miracle/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/NW: The New Order/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Lion Forge: Accell, Noble, Superb
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Britannia/Eternity/Faith/Harbringer Renegade/Ninjak/Quantum and Woody/Secret Weapons/War Mother/X-O Manowar

Well, in my case I just want them involved because my favorite members of the Batclan don't HAVE solo books, and I find pretty much EVERY member infinitely more interesting than Batman. Not to mention, I feel that for the most part, his stories are better when the Batfam is around. If you're curious, my favorite Batman story is No Man's Land.

And for the secrets, at this point, it's just played out. We've seen Bruce or Dick keeping secrets from their friends and that biting them in the ass SO MANY TIMES, its gotten boring.

They could appear from time to time, though, especially in these big events. What pisses people off is that they sweep up Bruce's allies under the rug in favor of the creator's new OCs.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    They could appear from time to time, though, especially in these big events. What pisses people off is that they sweep up Bruce's allies under the rug in favor of the creator's new OCs.
    I'm more annoyed that its not someone else heading up this event to be honest and that it starts off with yet another dark secret of Bruce's coming back to haunt him. That plot device is so played out.

Aftershock: Alters:
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/Bug/Cave Carson/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham City Garage/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mister Miracle/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/NW: The New Order/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Lion Forge: Accell, Noble, Superb
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Britannia/Eternity/Faith/Harbringer Renegade/Ninjak/Quantum and Woody/Secret Weapons/War Mother/X-O Manowar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm more annoyed that its not someone else heading up this event to be honest and that it starts off with yet another dark secret of Bruce's coming back to haunt him. That plot device is so played out.
    Maybe the reason the Bat-clan isn't featuring on Dark Days it's because the boys are so irritated by "There is something I haven't told you..." that they left Bruce to solve his mess

"Im Mary Poppins Yall!" Aioros22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheRedHood View Post
    Bruce Keeps Alot Of Secrets even from his friends and dude is stubborn its a character Flaw but it allows for unlimited numbers of future stories lol

Batman: *Bruce Looks at them for a moment* I haven't been entirely honest with you guys....
    Next Month Solicitations: Batman #36 Who is the bearman? and what is bearman's hidden dark past with bruce and Alfred?

Jason as he exits the scene towards a door with a "RATHO" written on it: Holy fvck Batman!

Actually this reminds me of an episode of How I Met Your Mother.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

"Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

"Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    The problem isn't that he's keeping secrets though. It's that Snyder has overused this particular plot device in recent years so its become stale. Its ALWAYS some dark secret from his past and its ALWAYS something that comes back and bites him in the butt later. Frankly I was hoping for something different here.
    I don't think the problem is that Snyder's overused it, because I can only recall 2-3 times it's happened over the course of his run to various degrees, but that it's just such an overused trope for Batman in general.

"Im Mary Poppins Yall!" Aioros22's Avatar

Name that character whose darkest secrets ever come back at him/her/it in pretty much every arc under the same writer.
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

"Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

"Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

BANNED

Because they're an important part of Batman's mythos that should be included in his stories sometimes for everyone's benefit. They can't spend decades building up a Bat-Family and just throw it to the wind so a few "fresh new" creations can take their spots. There's a fan expectation for those characters to be used and historically it leads to good stories, so they might as well do it.