Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

This is just a tease so far, of course, but count me in with the people (who you can count on a single hand, apparently) who are seriously looking forward to this.

I also look forward to see what everyone's roles in this are, particularly the hinted Duke story in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Awesome. Does this mean most of guys won't comment about it, either? :fingers crossed:

I'm all in. Then again, I actually enjoy the comic books I read.
    To be frank for moment, that would certainly be nice. Shame it's almost definitely not going to turn out that way. Even if one were to just base it off of the majority of this very thread, the foreshadowing is palpable. Regardless of the turn out the actually event, the worse part of it by far will be the reactions it gets from this forum. I do not look forward to that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What's this obsession everyone has with the bat family being involved in everything Batman does. The story is built around him not them, let them do their own thing. Also Batman's secrets are his own, and if he chooses to share them or not with others is his perogotive. Like no one else in the DC universe doesn't have or keep secrets.
    I honestly dont care about the family. Problem is that Tynion and Snyder ignore them usually but then drag them out for non sense like the Eternal books to take dumps on them in favor of their pets and they usually do so by churning out the same mediocre and overused story devices aka the use of secrets.

This is hack level non sense now, really ANOTHER secret?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Because they're an important part of Batman's mythos that should be included in his stories sometimes for everyone's benefit. They can't spend decades building up a Bat-Family and just throw it to the wind so a few "fresh new" creations can take their spots. There's a fan expectation for those characters to be used and historically it leads to good stories, so they might as well do it.
    But if the only purpose they serve in the story/event is to complain or berate Batman for keeping secrets from them then it's better than they not appear and just let Batman handle his business. And I would argue that they are not that important to the overall mythos, Batman is capable enough on his own. Anyway other characters will be involved so it won't be just Bats, so if the "family" do play some roll in the story that's fine just don't expect them to be prominent or overshadow Bruce. It's his event.

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, Bluebird and Lark. Not Dick and Damian, or Dick and Jason, or Tim and Babs, or Damian and Babs, or any combination of allies readers actually care about. Those losers aren't important enough for this!
    Some of us readers like These New Characters. but I'm Sure this isn't gonna just include them. gotham in turmoil should bring all the Birds back to the nest but because Of who is writing this those two will probably take center stage and If done right...

Capullo-batman-preview.jpg

they might really shine in this
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What's this obsession everyone has with the bat family being involved in everything Batman does. The story is built around him not them, let them do their own thing. Also Batman's secrets are his own, and if he chooses to share them or not with others is his perogotive. Like no one else in the DC universe doesn't have or keep secrets.
    This. Everyone wants the Batfamily reunited alongside Batman and I get it, it's a nostalgia thing and they want to see their favourite characters with him.

The thing is, the series or event it's Batman. Not Batman and Dick, not Batman and Jason, not Batman and Tim, not Batman and Damian, not Batman and Duke, not Batman and Cass, etc. Not Batman and family.

Batman.

Maybe the people who reads Batman due of their secondary characters, they should rethink why they read Batman in the first place, if the main protagonist of the series, Batman, it's not enough for them.
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 03-20-2017 at 09:15 PM.

[QUOTE=Orujo-man;2687866]This. Everyone wants the Batfamily reunited alongside Batman and I get it, it's a nostalgia thing and they want to see their favourite characters with him.

The thing is, the series or event it's Batman. Not Batman and Dick, not Batman and Jason, not Batman and Tim, not Batman and Damian, not Batman and Duke, not Batman and Cass, etc. Not Batman and family.

Batman.

Maybe the people who reads Batman due of their secondary characters, they should rethink why they read Batman in the first place, if the main protagonist of the series, Batman, it's not enough for them./QUOTE]

I've already thought that through. And I actually have gotten to the point where unless a Batman comic features another member of the family, I won't read it. I don't demand that the Batfamily shows up in the main book all the time, but at the same time, if they don't, I'm not buying the issues.

However, when it comes to events, that's when they SHOULD all be around, because not all of them are lucky enough to have solo books.

People will point to the Eternals as reasons why this shouldn't be the case, but the amount of characters wasn't a flaw of those books.

So yes, I accept that Batman is the main character. Doesn't change the fact that I'm not buying those solo adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post

Batman.
    This would seem to imply otherwise.

Maybe the people who reads Batman due of their secondary characters, they should rethink why they read Batman in the first place, if the main protagonist of the series, Batman, it's not enough for them.
    I know why! It's because I don't find Batman as interesting as everyone else. Still like him, though.
    Last edited by Caivu; 03-20-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

I know why! It's because I don't find Batman as interesting as everyone else. Still like him, though.
    Currently, the only members of the Batfamily I find Bruce more interesting and cool than are: Duke, Harper, Claire, Bette, and FakeBabs.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I've already thought that through. And I actually have gotten to the point where unless a Batman comic features another member of the family, I won't read it. I don't demand that the Batfamily shows up in the main book all the time, but at the same time, if they don't, I'm not buying the issues.

However, when it comes to events, that's when they SHOULD all be around, because not all of them are lucky enough to have solo books.

People will point to the Eternals as reasons why this shouldn't be the case, but the amount of characters wasn't a flaw of those books.

So yes, I accept that Batman is the main character. Doesn't change the fact that I'm not buying those solo adventures.
    The point is, I think we can't expect to see our favourite characters as if there some kind of law written in stone and complaint about it if they don't appear in Batman series or events.

My favourite character of the Bat Family is Jason, it's not a secret, and if he appears in the book of Batman, always when he is well written (Eternals were a huge dissapointment), great, I will rejoice and enjoy as the most. Same with Dick.

But I don't loose the perspective here and demands that Jason or Dick or X character appears in Batman only because I would like to see them. Because is Batman series, not of them. And I accept it. Same as I accept that other characters who I love never will appears in DC again (I miss you Hitman).
    Last edited by Orujo-man; 03-20-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    This would seem to imply otherwise.

Words are taken by the wind, so I don't trust in that kind of promises.

Fantastic Member

"Heroes won't be fighting heroes" Snyder said but by the looks of it, it seems like it's going to be some kind of alternate reality with an evil Batman? :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post
    The point is, I think we can't expect to see our favourite characters as if there some kind of law written in stone and complaint about it if they don't appear in Batman series.

My favourite character of the Bat Family is Jason, it's not a secret, and if he appears in the book of Batman, always when he is well written (Eternals were a huge dissapointment), great, I will rejoice and enjoy as the most. Same with Dick.

But I don't loose the perspective here and demands that Jason or Dick or X character appears in Batman only because I would like to see them. Because is Batman series, not of them. And I accept it. Same as I accept that other characters who I love never will appears in DC again (I miss you Hitman).
    I dont think its that simple, truth is that Snyder and Tynion have bungled up everything. I dont care about Bat family in solo Batman stories but here's the thing Snyder and Tynion are using Bat family, just the family of pets and personal favorites. Duke has no excuse for being in Batman books over Damian I'm sorry but there just isn't. I have no problem with Robin not showing up in Batman but when a fake Robin/not Robin/better than Robin starts showing up then there is a problem. One cant use the excuse that Batman is a solo book and therefore we shouldn't expect young underlings like Robin when the same book is using young underlings. Either really publish a solo Bat book or dont.

Similarly Snyder and Tynion avoid using certain characters in their own passion stories but then they drag these characters for events so that they can be used as scrubs to push their favorites. They are also given power to define the status of characters that they dont even write and use. Why for instance were Bat family books forced in to Snyder events after DOTF? why did Snyder involve himself with the Eternals after he wrote DOTF? what's the logic here again?

I love when people say they like Batman for the characters other than the man himself.

MORE BRUCE FOR ME THEN HAH!

In all seriousness I can't help but feel a bit worried about this event from the reasons stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    "Heroes won't be fighting heroes" Snyder said but by the looks of it, it seems like it's going to be some kind of alternate reality with an evil Batman? :P
    If this is true, an evil Batman isn't a hero then, now is he?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I dont think its that simple, truth is that Snyder and Tynion have bungled up everything. I dont care about Bat family in solo Batman stories but here's the thing Snyder and Tynion are using Bat family, just the family of pets and personal favorites. Duke has no excuse for being in Batman books over Damian I'm sorry but there just isn't. I have no problem with Robin not showing up in Batman but when a fake Robin/not Robin/better than Robin starts showing up then there is a problem. One cant use the excuse that Batman is a solo book and therefore we shouldn't expect young underlings like Robin when the same book is using young underlings. Either really publish a solo Bat book or dont.

Similarly Snyder and Tynion avoid using certain characters in their own passion stories but then they drag these characters for events so that they can be used as scrubs to push their favorites. They are also given power to define the status of characters that they dont even write and use. Why for instance were Bat family books forced in to Snyder events after DOTF? why did Snyder involve himself with the Eternals after he wrote DOTF? what's the logic here again?
    In fact if it is, it's that simple. That you don't like is another thing. Writers always use different secondary characters in their stories. Sometimes olds characters, sometimes new characters.

You can argue if the characters are bad or if them don't like you, of course, but that's how books, comics, movies, videogames, etc works. You only need to see any franchise of entertaiment.

Nothing new under the sun.