Newbie Member

Default A few questions now that IvX is over and all that

It's been stated several times of the last year or two, that the T-Clouds sterilized mutants correct? So essentially we're back to "No More Mutants"? Am I correct? If so, that means that the O5 are sterile as well. So no Cable or Rachel from this timeline?

The Phoenix Egg: We never found out where Scott got it, correct? The reason for it was never revealed either?

I think that's it for now. The last few years in the books have been a jumbled mess and I can't tell what end is up anymore.

Thanks,
    Nas

Incredible Member

Technically the mutants that got in contact with the mist have been sterilized and many are sick with M-pox. But the cloud didn't affect humans, and mutants are born from humans too!

No idea what's going to happen with the one who are sick if they are getting cured or what.

maybe cycke got the egg when SW and Hope 'destroyed' it with the no more Phoenix spell. maybe he was the proud father of the egg which he laid while he was the dark pheonix. maybe he has also created a cocoon while he was at it.lol
    The Self is the only existing reality

They're going to ignore the sterilization aspect, just like they'll ignore every other aspect of the X-Men and Inhuman comics that doesn't fit with the impression editorial wanted IvX to end on.

This Week's Comics: Iceman #3, Star Trek: Boldly Go #10, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #72, Saga #45, Usagi Yojimbo v 31

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    They're going to ignore the sterilization aspect, just like they'll ignore every other aspect of the X-Men and Inhuman comics that doesn't fit with the impression editorial wanted IvX to end on.
    That or they'll treat it as if the sterilization was a metaphor for the fact that new mutants wouldn't come about due to the Terrigen Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasamun View Post
    It's been stated several times of the last year or two, that the T-Clouds sterilized mutants correct? So essentially we're back to "No More Mutants"? Am I correct? If so, that means that the O5 are sterile as well. So no Cable or Rachel from this timeline?

The Phoenix Egg: We never found out where Scott got it, correct? The reason for it was never revealed either?

I think that's it for now. The last few years in the books have been a jumbled mess and I can't tell what end is up anymore.

Thanks,
    Nas
    Give up with no chance of some writer or even the editors explaining anything about it.

Hound & Cosmic Traveller Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nasamun View Post

Thanks,
    Nas
    Like others have said, they are going to most likely ignore or claim that everyone is cured of the sterilization effect of being infected or affected by the T-Cloud. As Teen Jean and Scott were not infected they are fine.

THE PHOENIX EGG: It's interesting/funny/annoying that this came up at all as this wasn't even a thing in the X-books. After AXIS, there was a fast forward in time the Avengers books that described things like X-Nation and the X-Men essentially taking over New York City as their own. In those books/panels Cyclops reveals to Roberto he has a Phoenix egg and is going to use it as a power play. It is never once referenced in any of the X-books or X-line, neither is this X-Nation. They existed solely in the Avengers books, and for those who didn't read them were completely lost at the beginning of Secret Wars (even moreso because the last issue of Uncanny hadn't dropped and they waited 6 months to release it). So the reason it existed and was used is because someone wanted to write a story with a Phoenix in it, so they used the idea of Morrison that there was a Phoenix egg on the moon waiting to hatch and super-powered Cyclops again so he could be Phoenix (to die). So the egg was a plot device that was cooked up with no consideration to the x-books as it made no sense.

The real Cyclops is obviously inside the Phoenix Egg, the Dark Phoenix stashed him in there during AVX sorta like what happened to Jean Grey and the Jamaica Bay Cocoon.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    The real Cyclops is obviously inside the Phoenix Egg, the Dark Phoenix stashed him in there during AVX sorta like what happened to Jean Grey and the Jamaica Bay Cocoon.
    ...WHy do I feel like this might actually happen and why does it annoy me?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    ...WHy do I feel like this might actually happen and why does it annoy me?
    Perhaps it's because Jean Grey was found in what was referred to as a "cocoon" and not an "egg" as newer readers choose to believe?

Last edited by ZNOP; 03-20-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Time travel is optional.
    "Off panel", is a laughable defense.
    If it wasn't printed... It didn't happen

Spectacular Member

The problem is if they ever tough on the Cyclops with phoenix egg concept again, they'd also have to justify how he just forgot about it, or whatever everyone thinks happens instead of secret wars.